TA Misgivings

K&AnVB

When I booked our cruise earlier this month I was to receive the $100 Visa OBC. I was also offered a military discount upon submitting a form.

I decided to check my receipt for the OBC, not listed, then contacted my TA. I spoke with another rep who stated I wasn't entitled to the Visa OBC due the military discount and they would have to check further with NCL!? At no time during the sales discussion did it come up about one voiding the other and in fact, I asked about receiving both.

NCL won't even discuss it with me stating it's between me and my TA which I understand. Any recommendations?

When I booked our cruise earlier this month I was to receive the $100 Visa OBC. I was also offered a military discount upon submitting a form.

I decided to check my receipt for the OBC, not listed, then contacted my TA. I spoke with another rep who stated I wasn't entitled to the Visa OBC due the military discount and they would have to check further with NCL!? At no time during the sales discussion did it come up about one voiding the other and in fact, I asked about receiving both.

NCL won't even discuss it with me stating it's between me and my TA which I understand. Any recommendations?

call your TA back, most promos always let you combine the military discount. after you call back and get what is due to you find a new TA

No, NCL will not discuss these types of situations with you as long as you have a TA. As for your TA, it is probably correct, you can't have both but the TA should have known and explained this to you when you booked. If it were me, I would take my reservation to another TA unless it is after final payment date. Then you probably are stuck as commissions may have already been paid. NCL is very good at paying commissions as soon as final payment is made.

Another option, at least talk to the owner of the Travel Agency. He/she may not be able to do much but they can speak with the agent that, either didn't know or misled you.

Nita

No, NCL will not discuss these types of situations with you as long as you have a TA. As for your TA, it is probably correct, you can't have both but the TA should have known and explained this to you when you booked. If it were me, I would take my reservation to another TA unless it is after final payment date. Then you probably are stuck as commissions may have already been paid. NCL is very good at paying commissions as soon as final payment is made.

Another option, at least talk to the owner of the Travel Agency. He/she may not be able to do much but they can speak with the agent that, either didn't know or misled you.

Nita

Nita?

I booked with NCL and got the military discount and the visa promo. Your saying you cant have both promos? idk ,but they applied them both along with 2 other promo codes to 2 of my bookings...hmmm

We just got a $500 OBC (their promo, not the Visa offer) plus the military discount - booked online direct with NCL with no problems. Both are reflected in my reservation.

Nita?

I booked with NCL and got the military discount and the visa promo. Your saying you cant have both promos? idk ,but they applied them both along with 2 other promo codes to 2 of my bookings...hmmm

good for you, normally if it is a promo you cant get both..kudos to you and NCL.

re-reading the OPs question, the OBC was offered via Visa and the military discount NCL> both should be applicable...As for booking directly with NCL as some have suggested, a good TA will give the same or better service. It now sounds like the second agent the OP spoke with did not understand the situation fully.

Nita

After 3 excuse emails from my TA and no response from CS I finally contacted the company President. I rec'd a response within 6 hours from my TA that they are awaiting posting of the SBC from NCL.

I'm not overally demanding but I do and will hold anyone accountable even if it means taking it to the top.

After 3 excuse emails from my TA and no response from CS I finally contacted the company President. I rec'd a response within 6 hours from my TA that they are awaiting posting of the SBC from NCL.

I'm not overally demanding but I do and will hold anyone accountable even if it means taking it to the top.

good for you. As for "waiting posting by NCL" I hope your agent doesn't drop the ball again. Normally, as soon as we call NCL they email the posting to us. I will often have it in my email before I even get off the phone with them. I can't imagine why they were waiting for NCL to post it..Keep us posted..

Nita

Ah but wait, the game is still afoot! The current response is NCL will not combine the military and visa promotions as stated by a NCL Sales Manager.

The current offer is a "loyalty reward" in a check form upon our return.

Stay tuned!

Archived