Jogging track relocated?

Premontre65

With the Sanctuary now occupying the Sports deck forward I see that the jogging track is now on the Star deck aft. It looks much smaller on the deck plans. Has anyone used the jogging track in this new location? What is your opinion of it? Also, where will the jogging track go as they add the Sanctuary to existing ships?

I am really disappointed in the removal of the jogging track... we were on the CB twice, most recently a couple months ago, and really enjoyed the jogging track almost on a daily basis. Much more than I think we will ever enjoy the sanctuary, but I guess that makes $$$.

I am really disappointed in the removal of the jogging track... we were on the CB twice, most recently a couple months ago, and really enjoyed the jogging track almost on a daily basis. Much more than I think we will ever enjoy the sanctuary, but I guess that makes $$$.

The jogging track still exists, it is just in a different location on top of Skywalkers Nightclub.

With the Sanctuary now occupying the Sports deck forward I see that the jogging track is now on the Star deck aft. It looks much smaller on the deck plans. Has anyone used the jogging track in this new location? What is your opinion of it? Also, where will the jogging track go as they add the Sanctuary to existing ships?

Yes the sanctuary makes $, jogging track does not!

The new location of the jogging track is horrible. Not only is it 16 times around for a mile (I always lose track of what lap I'm on!!) but it's not very wide. In spots I found it hard to pass (or, in my case, be passed:cool:) by other people.

I gave up and went to gym. But that's hard too because every one gave up and it's so crowded.

Does anyone know what the situation is on the Island. Once did some Marathon training on a regular track and ran 20 miles - staggered off. Back to the roads after that. Don't want to hear that the gym is crowded. Might be particularly bad considering the cruise is 1/13 and people will still be sticking with their new year's resolutions.

IIRC they ask people NOT to jog on the promenade deck.

Not only that but it seems that the promenade is where all the smokers go for their hourly fixes. We like to walk the the promenade deck but it's disgusting to have to put up with the almost constant stream of smoke.

One good thing about the new location of the jogging track is maybe people will actually be able to jog without having to dodge everyone that just goes out for a stroll....

Not really, there are still walkers and looky loos to deal with in a much smaller space. :)

Is it possible to jog all the way around the Crown Promenade without stopping. No doors/gates etc.

Yes, although you have to go up and down a set of stairs at the bow. And, at night, there will be gates at the stairs that will be closed.

And as others have said, power-walking would probably be more appropriate on the Promenade than jogging.

It stops me :)

Which is a shame, because as I walk the promenade (when I'd really rather be running) I spend lots of time getting out of the way and dodging the joggers. Kind of unfair, but I don't want to be one that's contributing to the mess.

Jogging on the promenade deck is prohibited because the constant thump thump of running (as opposed to walking) disturbs those who have rooms directly below, especially at 8 am.

Regards,

T Tail

Archived