2009 any news on combining nc ,diamond, coupons, stock?

pollux

I have a booked cruise for Feb.09 just in time for the so called change and got all the Obc.

Like to book 2 more cruises for 2009 but waiting for the new rules.

Anyone knows the new rules for sure?

I have a booked cruise for Feb.09 just in time for the so called change and got all the Obc.

Like to book 2 more cruises for 2009 but waiting for the new rules.

Anyone knows the new rules for sure?

good question... I hope we find out soon!

At the risk of being called a "troll"?? the last I can tell nothing is combinable. If you got a residency or senior or military discount then you cant have any other discount.

Maybe someone else wants to read thru this. I read a few posts here and there and figure if things change there will be a new thread. I admit to not reading most of this.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=891138&page=10

At the risk of being called a "troll"?? the last I can tell nothing is combinable. If you got a residency or senior or military discount then you cant have any other discount.

Maybe someone else wants to read thru this. I read a few posts here and there and figure if things change there will be a new thread. I admit to not reading most of this.

This is the thread that I started.........got the information..........and it has now changed...........again.

If you go to post #172..........you will get a better idea of what is going on since the poster got the information on December 30th.

Things will be changing again sometime in 2009 and hopefully it will be for the better.:(

I was making reference to the "backyard lawyers" who pretend to be an expert on anything and everything thereby spreading half truths at best. I did not intend to demean anyone who takes the time to actually research the question and provide an intelligent learned answer. It just seems on these boards we have a preponderance of the "know nothings". Just my take on what I read on here.

This is the thread that I started.........got the information..........and it has now changed...........again.

If you go to post #172..........you will get a better idea of what is going on since the poster got the information on December 30th.

Things will be changing again sometime in 2009 and hopefully it will be for the better.:(

yes, thanks. I knew the info changed, that's why the link was to the end of the thread, not the beginning. I think there is another long thread about this too. I got a little bogged down trying to keep up.

Anyway, the jist of it as you say is they will roll something out (they said) by late 2009, but meanwhile, nothing is combinable. Have I got that right? I think so.

Hi, I have read a lot of your posts and feel you are pretty savvy and up on things. We booked a b to b cruise on Radiance May 22 and May 29. I faxed our stock information to Linda Buchanan on Dec. 8. We have not heard a thing so I faxed it again on Dec. 28. Should't someone let us know that we will receive it since it was sent on time? What do you know about how we find out if we have gotten it?

I would appreciate hearing from you.

Hafta' Cruise:o

Hi' date=' I have read a lot of your posts and feel you are pretty savvy and up on things. We booked a b to b cruise on Radiance May 22 and May 29. I faxed our stock information to Linda Buchanan on Dec. 8. We have not heard a thing so I faxed it again on Dec. 28. Should't someone let us know that we will receive it since it was sent on time? What do you know about how we find out if we have gotten it?

Hafta' Cruise:o[/quote']

We booked our B2B cruises and e-mailed the info to Linda Buchanan Dec. 23 and got a reply in the AM the next day, the stock holder benefit was applied. Maybe e-mail her and see if she got it?? She was very prompt considering it was Christmas Eve day.

ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com

Good luck!

Hi' date=' I have read a lot of your posts and feel you are pretty savvy and up on things. We booked a b to b cruise on Radiance May 22 and May 29. I faxed our stock information to Linda Buchanan on Dec. 8. We have not heard a thing so I faxed it again on Dec. 28. Should't someone let us know that we will receive it since it was sent on time? What do you know about how we find out if we have gotten it?

I never received a confirmation from a faxed Shareholder Benefit request. The OBC was always there, but it made me nervous having to wait for the cruise. Finally, I figured out how to scan in my Shareholder Account Summary and started emailing them to Linda Buchanan. She (or one of her staff) will email a response within a few days.

Under the current circumstances (or, at least, current as of December 30th), I would only email my request ... just to be sure.

BTW, LOL on "backyard lawyer." It would have been a lot easier to have gotten my law degree in the backyard, than the way I did it ... ;)

This is the thread that I startedIf you go to post #172..........you will get a better idea .:(

Forgive the newbie, how do I find post #172?

And, for our April TA, we got the $200 OBC for future sailing and then got the confirmation from Linda in Dec for the $250 OBC for stocks, does this mean we won't get both? (DH is also a senior, so we got that already). I want to be specific in case I don't understand all that lawyer talk. Thanks a bunch.

Thank you so much for replying. In my post I forgot to mention that I also e-mailed Linda twice. As of today' date=' Jan. 2, still no reply.

I will take any and all advice.

So glad that my associates have answered your question.:D Remember it is the holidays and the folks at Investor Relations were probably swamped with requests. Give it a few more days.

Forgive the newbie' date=' how do I find post #172?

And, for our April TA, we got the $200 OBC for future sailing and then got the confirmation from Linda in Dec for the $250 OBC for stocks, does this mean we won't get both? (DH is also a senior, so we got that already). I want to be specific in case I don't understand all that lawyer talk. Thanks a bunch.[/quote']

We were all newbies at one time.:) Click on this http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...891138&page=10 and then just scroll down to post #172. That's about the most recent information that we have.

If you booked your cruise prior to December 31...........you will receive your OBC from booking on board plus your shareholder OBC........and your senior discount will not be affected.

If you got a residency or senior or military discount then you cant have any other discount.

Wow I was coming to the boards to ask this question. A coworker recently booked Serenade for April and he did get a residency rate on the sailing. After I had talked so much about the Shareholder credit he told me today he was going to buy some stock but I remembered he has a residency rate on his cruise.

So residency rate is also NOT combinable?

Forgive the newbie' date=' how do I find post #172?

And, for our April TA, we got the $200 OBC for future sailing and then got the confirmation from Linda in Dec for the $250 OBC for stocks, does this mean we won't get both? (DH is also a senior, so we got that already). I want to be specific in case I don't understand all that lawyer talk. Thanks a bunch.[/quote']

If you click on the link I posted, you will noticed each post is numbered. You will have to click back one page, about half way down, look for the post that is numbered 172.

If you already got the OBC confirmed it will not be affected, only for new bookings that have not yet been confirmed. Like I was going to buy a next cruise certificate to apply to a Oasis booking, now no point, as Im also a shareholder, too late by the time I can purchase the next cruise cert on my next cruise.

Wow I was coming to the boards to ask this question. A coworker recently booked Serenade for April and he did get a residency rate on the sailing. After I had talked so much about the Shareholder credit he told me today he was going to buy some stock but I remembered he has a residency rate on his cruise.

So residency rate is also NOT combinable?

Rather than me going back thru the thread link I posted and reposting different threads, you might want to read thru the thread yourself. If I post what others say, its 3rd hand, so I dont want to say yes or no, just that is what has been posted. Like this...

I called C&A directly and they said it didn't have anything to do with the onboard credit for the next cruise(even though their email said so). They said it was because I had a residency discount which makes more sense. I wish they had said so in the first place!

There was also a chart form thread that showed nothing could be combined. Id have to do a search to find the thread. I dont know and like I said, I read a post here and there, but my impression is what has been said above, nothing can be combined that I use. There are multiple threads on the subject if you want to read it for yourself. Im certainly no expert, just quoting what others said.

If you booked your cruise prior to December 31...........you will receive your OBC from booking on board plus your shareholder OBC........and your senior discount will not be affected.

Thank you cruisenfever, that was very interesting (post 172 etc) Great discussion!

I can't wait to check the boards after some of THIS year's cruises.....to see if they had trouble obtaining both OBCs.

I don't see on my reservation where the OBC's are listed, but I guess I'll deal with that onboard. :confused:

Thanks for all those who replied. I think when I hear that others receive e-mails from Linda Buchcanan about their stock OBC, I get antsy. I called Crown and Anchor and she said it had been applied to our b to b Radiance cruises. I still did not get a reply from Linda but that is ok. We just wanted our Stockholders OBC along with our next cruise OBC. I guess we won't have that concern from now on.

Happy New Year and Happy Cruising everyone!

Hafta' Cruise:o

Thanks for all those who replied. I think when I hear that others receive e-mails from Linda Buchcanan about their stock OBC' date=' I get antsy. I called Crown and Anchor and she said it had been applied to our b to b Radiance cruises. I still did not get a reply from Linda but that is ok. We just wanted our Stockholders OBC along with our next cruise OBC. I guess we won't have that concern from now on.

Happy New Year and Happy Cruising everyone!

Did you ask for a copy of your booked passenger confirmation to be emailed to you? On that confirmation it should show your OBC.

Rather than me going back thru the thread link I posted and reposting different threads, you might want to read thru the thread yourself. If I post what others say, its 3rd hand, so I dont want to say yes or no, just that is what has been posted. Like this...

Thanks..I was home for a few minutes at lunch when I posted the question so have more time now to take a look at that thread and read through it. So many different scenarios...you almost have to take notes:D

I will not be able to add much here but I was the one who wrote to Richard Fain office about all of this. I did receive a call back from his office and had a really good conversation about what we are talking about.

This is what I was told by the person in his office.

They are revamping their benefit program, it will be much fairer according to her. The new program will be rolled out in late 2009 since it has to set up in their computer system they also have to get that information out to the TA network. All this will take time. Even though I do not own stock I did tell her that I have read on CC how angry the stockholders are and she told me they know and are also working on the stockholders benefits as well.

What the new benefit package will be I really do not know the only thing I can say according to the phone call she told me we will really like what they are planning to roll out. I would look for the new program at the end of 2009 per our conversation. The one thing I can tell you for sure is that you will not be able to combine all those benefits when the new program rolls out.

Yes you can. Residency, senior and/or military discounts are part of regular advertised prices. You can still apply them.

Yes you can. Residency, senior and/or military discounts are part of regular advertised prices. You can still apply them.

then why are people in the other thread saying that you cannot combine a senior discount with other OBC? If you have anything showing this is true after 1/1/09, please post it, Id like to know for myself who is right.

Archived