Will I have enough time? CIV to FCO?

Going on the Noordam May 9/09 getting to the port is workable. But leaving to return to the states on May 19th is leaving me a bit nervous. There is a flight leaving 11:45 am out of FCO. Is that even possible? To get off the ship, get to the airport on time?

Should I think ship transfers vs a car service vs train? What time should I be at the airport? Since I have never experienced this airport there is a lot of unknowns...

All suggestions welcomed!

Susan

Going on the Noordam May 9/09 getting to the port is workable. But leaving to return to the states on May 19th is leaving me a bit nervous. There is a flight leaving 11:45 am out of FCO. Is that even possible? To get off the ship, get to the airport on time?

Should I think ship transfers vs a car service vs train? What time should I be at the airport? Since I have never experienced this airport there is a lot of unknowns...

All suggestions welcomed!

Susan

At an absolute minimum, you should be at the airport at least 2 hours before flight time. Mid-day could be 3 hours (Italian customs/immigration can be slow at times.) Why not stay an extra day in Rome. Then leave for FCO on an early Leonardo Express and have plenty of time. Eliminate all the stress.

We are spending 3 days in Rome prior to the cruise, so usually at the end of my travels , I just want to go home!

The Noordam is suppose to be arriving @0700 on the 19th. the latest flight that I have found is 1145 out of FCO.

Thanks again for all suggestions!

Susan

I have never understood this question as it gets asked all the time..can I make my flight from,and then people post an early flight.IMHO,of course a flight can be made assuming no one runs into any knid of traffic jam,luggage is easy to get off,the ride(no matter who takes them) is there on time stc. etc. works out for the best.All the strees of getting to the airport to make the flihg has got to hard..I understand people want to get home and kudos if they make it,but I sure would give a second thought to not stressing out on same day and relaxing day befroe flight even if it means staying at an airport hotel.Just my thought fot the day.

We are spending 3 days in Rome prior to the cruise, so usually at the end of my travels , I just want to go home!

The Noordam is suppose to be arriving @0700 on the 19th. the latest flight that I have found is 1145 out of FCO.

Thanks again for all suggestions!

Susan

Thanks Everyone! Decision has been made, We are going to stay overnight in Rome 1 night on the back end also.

Susan

Thanks Everyone! Decision has been made, We are going to stay overnight in Rome 1 night on the back end also.

Susan

:D:D..Have a wonderful romantic dinner(or not) with some wine,unwind and have a good trip back.

Archived