Help!!! - have lost photos

GundyGirl

Hi all, have done a stupid thing and wiped a memory card without backing up photos first.:mad: Luckily it was only a small card with a few (40 - 50 photos).

I am after some photos of the greeters at the ports. In Noumea we had some musicians and dancers (they were wearing orange and black outfits), In Vila we were met with some people in tribal/grass outfits, and in Ouvea, the cruise staff were dressed up as pirates.

Luckily Wayne took photos of most of the other things on this card on his camera, so haven't lost too much.

If anyone can help that would be great.

Kristina

See Camera House if you have one nearby, I was in there Yesterday and saw that they do card retrievals. Think the Basic cost started from around $14.

I have Photos of the Dancers at Noumea from 2 years ago if that helps?

Hi all, have done a stupid thing and wiped a memory card without backing up photos first.:mad: Luckily it was only a small card with a few (40 - 50 photos).

I am after some photos of the greeters at the ports. In Noumea we had some musicians and dancers (they were wearing orange and black outfits), In Vila we were met with some people in tribal/grass outfits, and in Ouvea, the cruise staff were dressed up as pirates.

Luckily Wayne took photos of most of the other things on this card on his camera, so haven't lost too much.

If anyone can help that would be great.

Kristina

Hi Kristina

You are the second person I have heard of in the last few days who have lost photos that wern't backed up. I haven't backed up any of my photos :eek: so i'm taking this as a hint that I should (our hard drive on our new laptop crashed last month and I lost them all but lucky for me I had them on my camera). I know it's upsetting to loose them :( but I really hope you get some of your pics back :)...goodluck.

With the cheaper price of cards these days it is also worthwhile taking an extra card in case of problems.

We had the experience of our camera saying "photo corrupt" I wasnt sure what it meant and hubby wasnt with me so i changed cards and that worked ok. Luckily I found out after only taking a few photos.

Still waiting to see about them.

Lucky for you only a few photos were wiped but as said before most are retrievable

I hope you manage to get your photos back.... thats a sad loss, I wasnt going to let DH take his Laptop but am now thinking maybe I should so we can back up any photos.

GOODLUCK

Hi,

I am one of those paranid about losing the photo of a lifetime and I always take my laptop, (good for Skype as well), and also a portable hard drive, so I have at least a double backup.

Otherwise take several cards as the are so cheap now.

Happy Cruising

Chris

Hi Kristina

You are the second person I have heard of in the last few days who have lost photos that wern't backed up. I haven't backed up any of my photos :eek: so i'm taking this as a hint that I should (our hard drive on our new laptop crashed last month and I lost them all but lucky for me I had them on my camera). I know it's upsetting to loose them :( but I really hope you get some of your pics back :)...goodluck.

I have a program called Photorescue PC which I have had for a few years. Got it from a mate so don't know where you can get it.

If you delete your photos and don't overwrite them with anything else (most important) it will retrieve any that have not been overwritten with about a 98% success rate.

Try one of the better software retailers and see how you go.

Good Luck

Archived