Transatlantics, cabin selection tips

CanWeGoYet?

Have an eastbound transatlantic booked, wondering the best balcony location and least ship motion.

I have stuck to mid ship as much as possible, just switched my cabin from the 9th deck to the 10th in order to get starboard. I'm hoping the extra deck higher won't make a major difference in the ship's movement. In very rough water sea sickness can be an issue for me.

Does starboard vs port make a great deal of difference in how warm the balcony is? I know if we have high winds it will be too chilly to sit out. The cruise leaves from miami, first port is madeira, late april / early may.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you should select a cabin as mid deck as possible. I would have also recommended going with a lower vs a higher deck.

Personally, I don't think you will be spending a lot of time on the verandah on a TA cruise but some people do.

I would focus more on the location of the cabin with respect to mid ship and lower deck rather than port or starboard.

Keith

Have an eastbound transatlantic booked, wondering the best balcony location and least ship motion.

I have stuck to mid ship as much as possible, just switched my cabin from the 9th deck to the 10th in order to get starboard. I'm hoping the extra deck higher won't make a major difference in the ship's movement. In very rough water sea sickness can be an issue for me.

Does starboard vs port make a great deal of difference in how warm the balcony is? I know if we have high winds it will be too chilly to sit out. The cruise leaves from miami, first port is madeira, late april / early may.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Jackie..............

This will be our 5th Eastbound T/A. ALL the previous one's have been in an aft cabin, (we have just changed from a CC cabin to a FV, just 'cos it's aft.......less wind. ) :D This year was the first time we had a few hours of rough seas, nothing scary. :eek: The Starboard is the best side for the sun,all the way across. ;) BTW, all of the T/A's have had great weather, only when we reached 'home' April '07, did we notice how cold it was.:eek:

See you on board soon.:)

Thanks for the feedback, Keith. Had the feeling the move I made may not have been the best idea.

Hi Ann! I'm hoping the weather is good for this one too. The aft cabins sound wonderful, the balconies have so much room. I'm so looking forward to this cruise. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the feedback, Keith. Had the feeling the move I made may not have been the best idea.

Hi Ann! I'm hoping the weather is good for this one too. The aft cabins sound wonderful, the balconies have so much room. I'm so looking forward to this cruise. :)

Yep, we are on deck 10 also and hoping for a not too rough a trip home :cool:

Archived