Cafe Promenade

We loved CP on the Navigator. I am not a big eater and I found a sandwich there for lunch was better for me than lunch in the Windjammer or MDR.

I don't drink tea or coffee and I loved the self service hot chocolate. There is a knack to making it which I learned.

Mix the powder first with a little cold water into a smooth paste then add the hot water and stir briskly - delicious.

That's how my Grandpa use to make it when I was a kid. I always got to lick the spoon. Great memories.

mmmm the cafe promanade..... I cant wait til February when I can get my hands on those cream puffs!!!! sure hope they still have them, its been two years since I last cruised...... but I sure did love those cream puffs

Can you get pizza and sandwiches during breakfast hours? We usually burn out on regular breakfast foods and enjoy the 24 hour pizza on Carnival in the morning sometimes.

Carnival does have the best pizza, but the good news is that RCCL has improved its product over the last few years. Not sure of the hours it is available though.

Can you get pizza and sandwiches during breakfast hours? We usually burn out on regular breakfast foods and enjoy the 24 hour pizza on Carnival in the morning sometimes.

We were just on the AOS, and pizza and sandwiches were not available until after 11:00 AM. They only had doughnuts and some pastries before 11:00.

An important distinction between the Voyager class and Freedom class ships.

The "smaller" :rolleyes: Voyager class ships have the Cafe Promenade area which has the baked goods, small sandwiches, pizza, and for-a-fee SB coffee and B & J ice cream.

One of the improvements in the stretched Freedom Class is in the setting up of 3 separate store fronts for the Promenade food services.

The original Case Promenade concept is still there with baked goods, sandwiches, fruits. There is now another storefront which sells the B & J ice cream products and a third storefront, Sorrentos, which does the pizza thing. This breaks up the crowd into 3 manageable groups and gets rid of the jam ups when a horde descends after a show or parades, etc.

We were on the Indy TA in Nov and the Ex holiday in Dec and could see the differences

Are the self service drinks free?

Just the speciality coffee's you have to pay for? Latte's etc?

oh I do love a caramel latte!:D

Yes, there is free coffee, hot tea (selection of various types), and hot chocolate, as well as ice water. Unfortunately, ice tea, lemonade and other cold drinks that are free in the Windjammer are not available here.

There is also a coffee bar where you can purchase lattes, espresso, etc.

I like this a lot better than Lattitudes on the Radiance class ships; I have never understood why the pastries in this coffee place aren't free when there are on every other place on all other ships!

I loved that they had all the kinds of cookies in the cafe. Up in the buffet they have one regular and one sugar free type, the regular is almost always coconut which Im allergic to. I got flamed so bad for once posting that I was dissapointed they almost always only had coconut cookies in the buffet. Folks here really told me off about how they loved coconut (I hadnt mentioned I throw up and am allergic to them, just said I was dissapointed). You would have thought I said I hated my cruise. The usual folks said I was being too picky and on and on. Never a negative word can be said.

Now, Im back to being a happy cookie camper, can get other cookies on my cruise.

And you know tossing cookies can get you a trip to the hospital for a Noro Check...:eek:

I don't really like the coconut cookies as much....it took all cruise before I saw the English Toffee cookies I like best. DD brought me one while we were waiting to get off the ship yesterday.

I really like CP...and personally am not a big fan of WJ, especially with how some folks handle food improperly putting others at risk for getting sick. At CP its someone from the crew handling the food...I just tend to prefer that.

An important distinction between the Voyager class and Freedom class ships.

The "smaller" :rolleyes: Voyager class ships have the Cafe Promenade area which has the baked goods, small sandwiches, pizza, and for-a-fee SB coffee and B & J ice cream.

One of the improvements in the stretched Freedom Class is in the setting up of 3 separate store fronts for the Promenade food services.

The original Case Promenade concept is still there with baked goods, sandwiches, fruits. There is now another storefront which sells the B & J ice cream products and a third storefront, Sorrentos, which does the pizza thing. This breaks up the crowd into 3 manageable groups and gets rid of the jam ups when a horde descends after a show or parades, etc.

We were on the Indy TA in Nov and the Ex holiday in Dec and could see the differences

This will be my first cruise on the Liberty so could you please clarify...the Cafe Promenade and Sorrentos food is free correct? Isn't there a charge for (and what is the charge) Ben and Jerry's-just wanted to double check on this. All this food sounds so yummy-can't wait!!

This will be my first cruise on the Liberty so could you please clarify...the Cafe Promenade and Sorrentos food is free correct? Isn't there a charge for (and what is the charge) Ben and Jerry's-just wanted to double check on this. All this food sounds so yummy-can't wait!!

Ben and Jerry's does have charges. The charge depends on what you order. Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's are included in your cruise fare.

Archived