Veendam to Bermuda - got the call!

teacherone

So much talk about the Lanai Cabins.... can't seem to locate them on new deckplans nor is there a category on HAl or any booking site noting Lanai Cabin....

They're on Lower Promenade. Try looking in the atrium area---they should be nearby.

So much talk about the Lanai Cabins.... can't seem to locate them on new deckplans nor is there a category on HAl or any booking site noting Lanai Cabin....

It's on Deck 3 Cat CA. It's on the new deck plans after 4-29-2009 Retrofit.

http://book.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/fleet/next/ve.pdf

Just for fun to get prices without logging in to HAL's site I checked travelocity... and you would be SURPRISED at how they describe a Category CA........... they call it a Oceanview Spa Stateroom... no mention whatsoever of the Lanai. SOMEONE got the information all wrong...

Just for fun to get prices without logging in to HAL's site I checked travelocity... and you would be SURPRISED at how they describe a Category CA........... they call it a Oceanview Spa Stateroom... no mention whatsoever of the Lanai. SOMEONE got the information all wrong...

I also noticed that the Veendam only has 110 Ocean View cabins with triple or Quad capacity. Once HAL starts Marketing these voyages in the tri-state area, I feel that they will be popular ???

Which month did you book, Jade?

We may book late July for when Maasdam is doing the Voyage of the Vikings.

Then take our usual Canada/New England b-to-b's when she returns to Boston.

We are planning on going to Asia in Feb 2010, so I just picked August 1 to space the trips 6 months apart. We have been traveling the past couple of years mid July to the first week of August. That date would actually work for you because I believe the last Canada/New England from Montreal this year is around July 18 and Maasdam heads to Rotterdam at the end of July and heads back on August 11, so it should be while Maasdam is away.

I like the fact that the travel time to Bermuda from NYC is only one day. Wasn't it two from Boston? This has more time in Bermuda than I had anticipated.

Right now the prices are high but I anticipate they may go down a bit and then sell out.

The Lanai are the ones on the promenade deck.

For those of you who are seriously thinking/planning on going on the Veendam, if you have been on this ship, what do you think about it....???

After nine cruises, I KNOW that I can LOVE the ship I was on, have had a GREAT TIME and people right next to me, as we disembark, could have had a LOUSY TIME.....!!!

But, gosh, the Veendam has been getting skewered......:eek:

Any thoughts would be helpfull.......:)

It is our favorite HAL ship.

I know someone who was on Veendam over Thanksgiving and its someone who cruises 5 or 6 times a year and they really liked it. They definitely said the cabins were much larger than Princess.

Btw, does anyone know how many more cabins are being added?

Was anyone on the Eurodam (August 29, 2008 3 night) when the Bermuda cruises were announced? There was supposed to be double OBC for those who booked FCC while onboard (I believe there was the same offer for those who went to the Mariners luncheon in NYC onboard Eurodam on September 1). You could not pick a specific date since they were not out yet. Right now I can not locate that paperwork but hope to straighten it out with Seattle.

Has anyone who just booked Bermuda gotten that double OBC?

Was anyone on the Eurodam (August 29, 2008 3 night) when the Bermuda cruises were announced? There was supposed to be double OBC for those who booked FCC while onboard (I believe there was the same offer for those who went to the Mariners luncheon in NYC onboard Eurodam on September 1). You could not pick a specific date since they were not out yet. Right now I can not locate that paperwork but hope to straighten it out with Seattle.

Hi Jade

I was onboard and booked a FCC but did not say that it was for the Bermuda Cruise-- the paperwork I have shows the normal shipboard credit:

Inside Outside Verandah Suite

7-11 days $ 25. pp $25. pp $35. pp $50.pp

12+ days 50. pp 50. pp 75.pp $100.pp

Let us know if there is a double-- thanks!

Marge

Hi Jade

I was onboard and booked a FCC but did not say that it was for the Bermuda Cruise-- the paperwork I have shows the normal shipboard credit:

Inside Outside Verandah Suite

7-11 days $ 25. pp $25. pp $35. pp $50.pp

12+ days 50. pp 50. pp 75.pp $100.pp

Let us know if there is a double-- thanks!

Marge

It was supposed to be double for Bermuda. It was a bit confusing because they did not have exact dates but thought the first sailing would be around August 15.

thanks for the quoted price... glad to see that that price is for an oceanview (although on the bottom deck); now to see how much that cabin will be during the summer. Seems that October is not peak season...

the only difference I notice between this itinerary & the old Celebrity itinerary is that we left Hamilton in the wee hours of the morning and awoke in St. George.

Picking a random date, an EE on July 25, 2010 is $1,199.00 + $111.17 fees.

ShipMaven, aka

The April 25, 2010 sailing already has the Main-Upper (8 pm) Fixed Seating Dining time as "Waitlisted." Amazing ... for such an unpopular mode of dining (/sarcasm)

I'm seriously considering booking one of these ... but will wait until I'm aboard the Noordam in just 2 weeks and a couple of days to actually decide on date and book it.

The Lanai are the ones on the promenade deck.

Just so no one gets confused, let's clarify. The Lanai cabins are on Lower Promenade. There are no cabins on Promenade Deck on the S- and R-class ships.

Holland America will need to contact the booking sites and let them know what a LANAI cabin is! :)

thought everyone would enjoy reading the description of a LANAI cabin as described by

travelocity:

Oceanview Spa Stateroom

This stateroom features two lower beds convertible to a queen-size bed, picture window, bathtub with shower, TV, and telephone. Additional Spa stateroom amenities include: complimentary use of organic cotton bathrobes & slippers, iPod docking station, soothing color palette, in-room slate table-top water feature, Yoga mat, pedometer for use aboard ship, fitness DVD, mini-bar stocked with specialty waters, cut-fruit tray at embarkation, invigorating shower head, wooden bathmat, aromatherapy bath salts, room service Spa breakfast, in-room Spa menu, and Spa concierge to book treatments. (185 sq. ft.)

The April 25, 2010 sailing already has the Main-Upper (8 pm) Fixed Seating Dining time as "Waitlisted." Amazing ... for such an unpopular mode of dining (/sarcasm)

I'm seriously considering booking one of these ... but will wait until I'm aboard the Noordam in just 2 weeks and a couple of days to actually decide on date and book it.

Think about August 1 and we will get to meet. Plus, it's a nicer time over the summer if you decide to add in some time in NYC or surrounding areas before your cruise.

Holland America will need to contact the booking sites and let them know what a LANAI cabin is! :)

thought everyone would enjoy reading the description of a LANAI cabin as described by

travelocity:

Oceanview Spa Stateroom

This stateroom features two lower beds convertible to a queen-size bed, picture window, bathtub with shower, TV, and telephone. Additional Spa stateroom amenities include: complimentary use of organic cotton bathrobes & slippers, iPod docking station, soothing color palette, in-room slate table-top water feature, Yoga mat, pedometer for use aboard ship, fitness DVD, mini-bar stocked with specialty waters, cut-fruit tray at embarkation, invigorating shower head, wooden bathmat, aromatherapy bath salts, room service Spa breakfast, in-room Spa menu, and Spa concierge to book treatments. (185 sq. ft.)

You mentioned the Lanai and than descibed the Spa Stateroom. Btw, I stayed in a Spa statroom on Eurodam and enjoyed the color scheme and docking station.

travelocity:

Oceanview Spa Stateroom

Travelocity is also using the old deck plans for voyages after 4/25/2009.

The same thing shows up for the May 31, 2010 cruise. Maybe this is their way of saying that they're getting rid of Main Upper fixed seating? I hope not!

The same thing shows up for the May 31, 2010 cruise. Maybe this is their way of saying that they're getting rid of Main Upper fixed seating? I hope not!

Well we booked for May 30 -- when asking about Main Upper -- approx. 6:30 instead of 5:45 I was informed that because they offer My Time Dining -- the 6:30 option had been chopped --- now it's either 5:45, 8:00 or My Time Dining!!! We took 5:45 -- a bit early, but better than our experiences with anytime dining! V.

Well we booked for May 30 -- when asking about Main Upper -- approx. 6:30 instead of 5:45 I was informed that because they offer My Time Dining -- the 6:30 option had been chopped --- now it's either 5:45, 8:00 or My Time Dining!!! We took 5:45 -- a bit early, but better than our experiences with anytime dining! V.

Dining times of 5:45 and 8:00 have been standard since HAL went to the As You Wish set up. You can ask for either of the two fixed seatings, or the open seating.

Jade, I recall Stan Kuppens making the announcement at the Meet and Greet about the Bermuda cruises, but I never heard anything about double OBC if you booked while on board. In fact, we did put down a future cruise deposit, but used it towards another cruise. The FCC never mentioned the Bermuda incentive even though I told him how excited I was that HAL would cruise out of NYC. I guess I should have put down a deposit for that cruise too.

I would love to do this cruise

Just did a NYC to Bermuda cruise this past April with the kids on Carnival. I am in Connecticut so the little over an hours drive to the pier was "beauty..ful" as my dad would say *LOL*

Plus it was my first time to Bermuda and DW and I loved it.

Archived