Wonderful Princess SALE!

Twomalamutes

I agree with Kaws. When I went to the Balcony Bonanza after signing in and went to Golden $1499 balcony it shows $1499 p/p. And I did go all the way through the process. This is puzzling. It sounds like the Internet Agency for Gertz got him the 2 for 1 price. But I don't know how BalconyBumz is getting a 2 for 1 on the Balcony Bonanza.

I have been fortunate like Gertz on my pricing but I don't know what the magic formula is!:confused:

I don't know, as I did it last night, logged into the site and did it and it was 1500 total for two for a balcony TOTAL. I can try it again later. I have to leave the house right now, but I will test it again later tonight and see if it still does it.

I called our TA this morning and we got two adjoining cat BC balconies for $3K total on the Golden for the Inside Passage cruise. We received the Princess e-mail but the TA didn't ask for any promotion number. Must be keyed on our captain's circle number? Price was about $1k less then what we saw on Princess' website accessing it (Princess website) from the e-mail link. About the same price that we paid for 1 cabin 5 years ago for the same cruise on the Sapphire.

49er

Our last 5 cruises were on princess, I've had the "email" option set all along and even called Princess about it once but have never received any emails from them - snail mail we get every week it seems.

As a (retired) marketing guy I wonder why they would send this offer out to people who have already booked cruises that would be eligible for the promotion.....but what a great deal for those who were able to take advantage of it!!!

We just got a great rate for a summer Med. Cruise, 12 nights four of us in August (kids are in school and wife is a teacher) a mini-suite AB Dolphin deck on the Ruby for $6418.00. We have been watching for two years as it was our "dream cruise" but too expensive and interiors were more than this over the last two years for summer sailings! Landed 4 ff tickets to boot which made it too good to pass up!

Our last 5 cruises were on princess, I've had the "email" option set all along and even called Princess about it once but have never received any emails from them - snail mail we get every week it seems.

As a (retired) marketing guy I wonder why they would send this offer out to people who have already booked cruises that would be eligible for the promotion.....but what a great deal for those who were able to take advantage of it!!!

I have been on enough Princess cruises to be Elite and I wasn't getting any emails either. I finally talked to someone from Captain's Circle who told me that Comcast was a real stickler about allowing certain emails. I changed my Princess preferences email address to a gmail account and the emails starting coming. Kind of annoying to have had to do that, but it's nice to finally get the emails. I don't know if this helps, but you might want to try a google gmail set-up.

Interesting about Comcast e-mail. I don't use my comcast address, preferring Yahoo for travel purposes. Also have a gmail account that I need for sending pictures from my Picasa photo program. I wonder if that would be better to use with Princess than Yahoo. I'll appreciate any comments and/or advice about this.

Interesting about Comcast e-mail. I don't use my comcast address, preferring Yahoo for travel purposes. Also have a gmail account that I need for sending pictures from my Picasa photo program. I wonder if that would be better to use with Princess than Yahoo. I'll appreciate any comments and/or advice about this.

If you are getting emails from Princess by using Yahoo, I would say there's no need to change. If you are not, then change your email address in Princess "Preferences" to your gmail address. No point in changing if Yahoo works for you.

Yikes, I just checked the sale prices again and it appears they are now substantially higher than yesterday. I wonder if they sold out too many cabins at the sale rate. Anyone else finding that?

Perhaps some sailings are selling out more quickly than others because my sailing is still showing the low prices. I couldn't check the price of the cruisetour because it says that pricing is currently unavailable but the cruise portion only is still showing the low, 2 for 1 fares.

I received both the Europe 50% off email offer and the Alaska 2 for 1 offer. At the bottom of the email there are terms and conditions which says; "2 for 1 fares are based on a 50% per person discount off Escape Fares on a space available basis at time of booking. Intermediate discounts may have been taken and fares may remain at discounted levels after this promotion. This offer is capacity controlled, applies to select categories and may be limitied to the first 50 staterooms per sailing." There appears to be a limit to the number of cabins that get the 2 for 1 rate. Perhaps that is why some are seeing a price increase.

I bit on the 50% off Europe sailing and booked the 12 day British Isles Cruise at an unbelievable price. When I log into Princess.com with my name I see the 50% rates for all of the Europe and Alaska cruises. When I log in with my husbands name I only see the 2 for 1 Alaska fares but the Europe fares are much higher. Both my husband and I received the Alaska offer but only I received the Europe offer so I would say the offers are linked to specific cruisers. :D

We still have a great deal with our Grand Princess cruise and found some good news from our TA yesterday. She was able to get us a little bit more of a discount. It was not much, but still a discount.

I am going to try signing in on Princess' website under DW's email and see what is out there for her.

I got that same email - but really wanted the 2-for-1 cruise offer. If I know the offer code, but didn't get the email, can I still get the deal through Princess or a TA?

You could try, but probably not. When you sign in to "my Princess" it should show up either there or under "deals". If it doesn't show up, I would guess you won't be eligible. JMHO

glad for those who got the promo. We are already booked on one of the qualified voyages but did not get the promo offer so don't qualify for the special pricing.

My cousin who had not yet booked her voyage ( but is going on the same trip) got the offer.

No special pricing for us... maybe next time :rolleyes:

Congrats to those who were chosen for the promo!

If you are suddenly seeing higher prices it could be that you aren't logged on. I was looking at prices from the email message and the prices had jumped. Then I clicked on the green link that says "sign in as you may qualify for Personalized Prices". The mini suite prices I was looking at went from $1549 to $924. I took advantage of the deal and were going to be in our first mini suite.

Palolake - no I logged in and the prices were the same as on Princess website. My cousin then logged in and the prices were half. She can get a mini for about the same as my obstructed view.

I am going to ask my TA to call Princess, but I am not holding out much hope for the offer.

Archived