Long Beach/Priceline question...

novalab

I have never used Priceline before but are thinking seriously of using it for our pre-stay in Long Beach in May. We are interested in the Hyatt Hotel. Has anyone who requested a 3 or 4 star hotel received the Hyatt after their price bid? If so, what is a good bid for this catagory? Is there a chance that I would get another 3-4 star hotel on Priceline & not the Hyatt?

I have read posts that mention picking the Long Beach #1 catagory when bidding on Priceline. This seems to get people into hotels close to the pier. I realize our cruise will leave from San Pedro but Long Beach seems to be recommended a lot for the activities, resturants, etc. over San Pedro.

Any help & advice will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks so much!

I have never used Priceline before but are thinking seriously of using it for our pre-stay in Long Beach in May. We are interested in the Hyatt Hotel. Has anyone who requested a 3 or 4 star hotel received the Hyatt after their price bid? If so, what is a good bid for this catagory? Is there a chance that I would get another 3-4 star hotel on Priceline & not the Hyatt?

I have read posts that mention picking the Long Beach #1 catagory when bidding on Priceline. This seems to get people into hotels close to the pier. I realize our cruise will leave from San Pedro but Long Beach seems to be recommended a lot for the activities, resturants, etc. over San Pedro.

Thanks so much!

Never used Priceline, however, the Hyatt there is nice!! It's across the street from all the action! I would definately stay there. Book soon because the convention center is on the same block, lots of conventions during that time of the year, so rooms might book quick!

Thanks so much!

Okay, to start off...

Click on this thread/link here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=821216

I've personally gone through all of the Zones for Los Angeles, and what are good areas to bid on - nor not bid.

I've also shown what hotels you are likely to get in each area.

You can do Long Beach 4 star, or 3 star to get The Coast.

But, also San Pedro area is fantastic for bidding - as you can only get Crowne Plaza or Doubletree (at 3 star).

Both fantastic choices for your cruise.

Let me know if this helps, or if you have any further questions.

Thank you CJW! I really appreciate all your information & suggestions! I plan on spending this evening going over the info from your post. We are really looking forward to this cruise....have admired the Mariner on several past cruise.

Thanks again!

I requested a 3 star with priceline and gave an unbelievable amount of $50, thinking no one would accept it. I was nervous, never used it before. I don't remember the location I requested but I got Residence Inn by Marriott. I'm not thrilled about the location but to get a rooms for 2 nights at $50 per night is pretty good.

Archived