Palo Question

imanazd

My husband and I are first time Disney Cruisers, and have booked a reservation to the Adult-only Palo. I was reading in a 2009 Disney Cruise Line guide book that the chocolate souffle' is a must, but that you must order it in advance (that is the only thing is says). Does anyone know if "in advance" means as soon as you get on board the ship, or just when you order your dinner or what? It was just a little vauge, and I wanted to be sure because it sounds delightful!! :p

My husband and I are first time Disney Cruisers, and have booked a reservation to the Adult-only Palo. I was reading in a 2009 Disney Cruise Line guide book that the chocolate souffle' is a must, but that you must order it in advance (that is the only thing is says). Does anyone know if "in advance" means as soon as you get on board the ship, or just when you order your dinner or what? It was just a little vauge, and I wanted to be sure because it sounds delightful!! :p

You do not have to order it in advance when you eat at Palo. The only time you need to give adnace notice is if you want to sample it in one of the other restaurants. I assume that was not an official DCL Guide book, because they don't like to publicize it, even though your server will gladly take care of it for you. Oh, and the guide book is correct, the souffle is to die for.

Thank you Sandy. It is an official Disney Guide book, but it was in a section specifically about dinner at Palo and the souffle'. It did not say you could get it any place else on the ship. It's good to know you don't have to order in advance like the book states. Thanks again and Happy Sailing!!:D

Our waiter asked us if we wanted in about halfway through the meal. He said if we wanted it we needed to let him know since it took 20 or 30 minutes to cook. I can't remember which.

We ordered it and by the time we got to the dessert we were stuffed.

My wife LOVES anything chocolate and took 1 bite and couldn't eat anymore.

I must say we were surely stuffed. You could have rolled me out of the restaurant.:D

Bill

Our waiter asked us if we wanted in about halfway through the meal. He said if we wanted it we needed to let him know since it took 20 or 30 minutes to cook. I can't remember which.

We ordered it and by the time we got to the dessert we were stuffed.

My wife LOVES anything chocolate and took 1 bite and couldn't eat anymore.

I must say we were surely stuffed. You could have rolled me out of the restaurant.:D

Bill

That must be what they meant by ordering in advance. I wasn't thinking of it in those terms. In that case, that is true, they do ask you usually when they take your order.. They need time to prepare it.

Btw, if you have a chance to do the brunch as well, take it.

That must be what they meant by ordering in advance. I wasn't thinking of it in those terms. In that case, that is true, they do ask you usually when they take your order.. They need time to prepare it.

Btw, if you have a chance to do the brunch as well, take it.

Sandy,

I have every intention of booking both a brunch and a dinner. I'll make sure I have my cruise paid off at the 90 day mark so I can get in touch with them right away.

I didn't do that last time and wound up getting the first night at 6:30pm. A lot of hurrying up.

I'd prefer to do it a different night this time.:)

Is the brunch $15 also?

Bill

Sandy,

I have every intention of booking both a brunch and a dinner. I'll make sure I have my cruise paid off at the 90 day mark so I can get in touch with them right away.

I didn't do that last time and wound up getting the first night at 6:30pm. A lot of hurrying up.

I'd prefer to do it a different night this time.:)

Is the brunch $15 also?

Bill

The brunch is $10/pp and I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Palo Brunch and Dinner are both $15/person and Tea is $5/person.

Dinner (all cruises)

Savor Northern Italian specialties amidst the warmth of candlelight and the elegance of a true gourmet experience. Top off your memorable meal with an unforgettable dessert.

Meals served: Daily

Price: $15 dining option charge per person

Brunch (4-night and longer cruises only)

Delight in a gourmet brunch on the high seas with this spectacular meal that includes a complimentary glass of champagne. Part buffet, part made to order, and all delicious.

Meals served: Days at sea only

High Tea (Longer cruises only)

Enjoy the civilized tradition of high tea on the high seas. The menu features tasty tea and cakes, and the atmosphere is exquisite.

Price: $5 dining option charge per person

It must have just changed. I double-checked my bill from October and we paid $10/pp for brunch.

I just went to the Disney website and I guess it did go up but somewhere I'll be able to come up with another $10:p

Dinner (all cruises)

Savor Northern Italian specialties amidst the warmth of candlelight and the elegance of a true gourmet experience. Top off your memorable meal with an unforgettable dessert.

Meals served: Daily

Brunch (4-night and longer cruises only)

Delight in a gourmet brunch on the high seas with this spectacular meal that includes a complimentary glass of champagne. Part buffet, part made to order, and all delicious.

High Tea (Longer cruises only)

Enjoy the civilized tradition of high tea on the high seas. The menu features tasty tea and cakes, and the atmosphere is exquisite.

Price: $5 dining option charge per person

Bill

• 1 year later...

Archived