Long Beach airport transfer question...

novalab

For those that have been, is it cheaper for a party of 2 to take a cab or the shuttle service to our presail hotel in Long Beach (in the convention center area)? Also, what is the charge for transport back from the port to Long Beach airport after the cruise? Cab. shuttle...best way???

Thanks so much for any info!

For those that have been, is it cheaper for a party of 2 to take a cab or the shuttle service to our presail hotel in Long Beach (in the convention center area)? Also, what is the charge for transport back from the port to Long Beach airport after the cruise? Cab. shuttle...best way???

Much cheaper to take a cab in long beach. We got ripped off huge by taking a shuttle that charged a per person rate to the port from the airport. After the cruise we took a cab to the airport for less then half the price..

Assuming LGB to San Pedro is similar in the reverse...

We found it a wash between taking a shuttle versus taxi for the 2 of us from LGB to the cruise terminal. From LGB to San Pedro, we took a shuttle that charged per person. Ended up being $36 total. Our estimates for a taxi were somewhere between $30-$40. If I had to do it again, I'd take a taxi because of similar cost and because we had to wait around before the shuttle left.

[We flew out of LAX for our return flight.]

Lots of good information...thanks everyone! I think a cab would be our best bet. I keep forgetting that it can be a real pain waiting for the airport shuttles. It always seems that we are the last ones let off at our hotel. Big waste of time. Thanks for the memory jolt!

Cabs from LGB to certain locations, including downtown Long Beach and the cruise ship terminals in LB and San Pedro, are a flat rate. It was $40 to the San Pedro pier last time I was there (November), not sure about the rate to downtown. If you do a Google search, you can find it online through the LB Chamber of Commerce or another similar site. Going to the airport is on the meter.

Check the West Coast Departures thread. The LGB to Pier question is answered a few times there. Last month I tried a rental car to move people around when they closed the bridge between Long Beach and San Pedro going east down for maintenance and that turned into a mess. I have done the shuttle with good and bad results. They are best if going from the airport to a certain location. I found that if you are going from a Long Beach Hotel to the pier in San Pedro a cab works best. I am assuming from your post location that you are going from San Pedro on the Vision. You will have a great time.

Archived