OMG, I am addicted

swom

I cruise once a year, but we had a 3 year layover from 2003-2006 and that was ROUGH!! It was nice in 2006 to step on the 3 week old Crown Princess.

Before the cruise I love the planning and researching part, chatting on these boards, etc.....

Then of course there's the cruise. I feel like I am home when I step on a Princess ship.

After the cruise I watch the videos, edit and organize photos, and look forward to my next one.

Little things like these help me with my addiction, lol! I certainly don't care much to count the days down, but I can understand the term "I cannot wait". I have been very close to death in the past and I cherish each and every single day, though some (sea days, lol) are better than others. So I just try to enjoy the pre- and post cruise activities. Of course, there is nothing wrong with working hard and looking forward to a cruise or some sort of reward. It helps keep a positive outlook on some of the negative things that can happen.

Enjoy cruising!

F

I'm not an addict. I can quit anytime I want. I just don't want to. My DH is almost ready to schedule an intervention. We booked our upcoming Voyager trip 9 months ago.

I've been on cruise critic everyday since. On the days that I can't check in I almost feel a little shaky. Usually some type of frozen drink in a fru fru glass helps with the shakes.

I'm actually getting nervous. We leave Sunday and now all I keep thinking about is it will be OVER next Sunday.

No, I am definitely not an addict.

BTW: I tried to kill the bug....lol:p

Solution;

Just keep booking longer cruises. On our last cruise we were having dinner on 7th day of a 10 day cruise and I told my DW just think on our last cruise we would be home already. Then took another bite of my excellent steak and another drink of wine and sat back and relaxed with a big grin on my face. :D

Hi my name is CoffeequeenJ and I'm a major addict. I took my first cruise for my 10th aniversary and having been planning other cruises ever since. The only other place that even comes close to a cruise for me is Maui. I'm pretty sure my calling was to be a TA and somehow I missed it. I even get high planning co-workers cruise vacations. You know its bad when you find such a great deal and show it to your TA, then she books the same deal. It's been said I have OCD when it comes to planning vacations, so I guess I'll be hanging here for a while. Feeding the addiction in September on the Golden.

Coffeequeenj:p;):cool:

i'm not addicted. i could stop if i want. except...i plan in secret, alone, with no one to say "you're going on another one? how can you afford that? wish i had your money..."

crusing has affected my work: i plan and dream instead of doing my job. ohmygod! i may need an intervention...you people are no help at all.......and i couldn't be happier about it!

tried to flick the bug off my screen. must have had one too many cruises...

The Correct Way to Control the Addiction is.......... to keep taking longer & longer cruiser. :D It works for me. ;) First 7 dayers, then 10 dayers, then 17 dayers, then back to backs for 29 days, then b2b2b for 39 days, then b2b2b2b2b for 51 days & Now 107 Days around the World. :eek:

Yup, I've got it real.............. bad, but I love it!

Just keep cruising, :cool:

Bill

i'm not addicted. i could stop if i want. except...i plan in secret, alone, with no one to say "you're going on another one? how can you afford that? wish i had your money..."

crusing has affected my work: i plan and dream instead of doing my job. ohmygod! i may need an intervention...you people are no help at all.......and i couldn't be happier about it!

tried to flick the bug off my screen. must have had one too many cruises...

Perhaps I should have an addiction meeting (Friends of Thomas Andrews?) at the Ogden Point Cafe, Victoria. It is a lovely setting overlooking the cruise ship dock .......

Perhaps I should have an addiction meeting (Friends of Thomas Andrews?) at the Ogden Point Cafe, Victoria. It is a lovely setting overlooking the cruise ship dock .......

Maybe we could have addiction conferences! (At sea of course) There seems to be a lot of us. They could last 363 days. (Day for traveling before and a day to travel afterwards). :)

Do you suppose the the bug gets tired of doing figure 8's. He may have to come on the cruise to.:D

The Correct Way to Control the Addiction is.......... to keep taking longer & longer cruiser. :D It works for me. ;) First 7 dayers, then 10 dayers, then 17 dayers, then back to backs for 29 days, then b2b2b for 39 days, then b2b2b2b2b for 51 days & Now 107 Days around the World. :eek:

Yup, I've got it real.............. bad, but I love it!

Just keep cruising, :cool:

Bill

WitaMut...you are my mentor...all the way Bill.

Do you suppose the the bug gets tired of doing figure 8's. He may have to come on the cruise to.:D

He has an exercise wheel he uses when no one is looking so he can go round and round rather than in figure 8's

Hello, my name is rdsqrl and I'm an addict. I've hit bottom; yes, that's right: woke up yesterday surrounded by old cruise brochures and crumpled Princess mailers. . . . . And not only are we all cruise addicts -- we're all enablers of one another's addiction! Clearly, it's hopeless to fight against this. Surrender is the only option.

What a spectacular idea. Perhaps we could all take a medical deduction for our "treatment". Wonder if my HMO would go for it....

Oh I like this idea!!!!! More deductions...........more cruises..........oh I like this idea!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I understand Jamie. I research my travels to ridiculous extents. I think EVERYONE should be cruise addicts.... wait a minute!!!!!!!! Then there would be no room for me!!! Okay guys, just keep flying to Disney and let me have my Princess!!!!!!

Hi my name is CoffeequeenJ and I'm a major addict. I took my first cruise for my 10th aniversary and having been planning other cruises ever since. The only other place that even comes close to a cruise for me is Maui. I'm pretty sure my calling was to be a TA and somehow I missed it. I even get high planning co-workers cruise vacations. You know its bad when you find such a great deal and show it to your TA, then she books the same deal. It's been said I have OCD when it comes to planning vacations, so I guess I'll be hanging here for a while. Feeding the addiction in September on the Golden.

Coffeequeenj:p;):cool:

I'm the same way, and I love MAUI also. WHile eatting our breakfast out on the Lanai, the Celebrity ship was making its way to Lahaina.

What a sight! I love cruising, but I am a Maui junkie as well!

Maybe they have the 12 step cruising program offered in Maui?:D

Last night my husband "accused" me of being an addict - of cruising and cruise critic! I said he was currently a CC widower because lately I've been saying "just one more post and I will come to bed." haha! This is one addiction I don't ever want to get over.

I also made a New Year's resolution to never be without cruise plans! The last two years without a cruise have been rough, but well worth it since we are now debt free. That means more cruising!!!

Archived