Boarding the Carnival Victory in San Juan... 2 PM

CincyCruiser22

We are checking out of our hotel by 11 am. Our docs say we can board at 2 pm, but I have heard about the long lines and crazy wait times to get on the ship if you arive anytime from 11 am - 2 pm. Wouldn't it be smarter to use the service Barrachina offers (free luggage holding 9am - 5pm) and check out the OSJ area then head over to the pier around 4 pm? It seems that most would be on the ship by then. Anyone have any advice? Thanks!

There are lots of threads of this sort on the San Juan board, since most people sailing from there (me in May!), will have to check out of their hotel in the morning but don't sail until evening.

It appears many hotels will keep your luggage for you after you've checked out.

I just booked my post-cruise 2 nights. First time I tried Priceline and got the Marriott Stellaris, which is exactly what I wanted, for about $80 less, per night, than the cheapest advertised rate. I'd prefer to stay in OSJ for the 1 pre-night, but not sure how it will work out.

Plan on doing my sightseeing on Sunday, prior to going to the pier. The post-cruise days will be used to recuperate from that all-port itinerary, which I anticipate will be pretty exhausting.

Anyway, you might want to do some browsing on that board, since this question comes up frequently and there are lots of suggestions already posted.

We sailed on the Destiny out of San Juan to the Southern Caribbean last year on the same time schedule you mentioned. Since we stayed at the Sheraton across the street from the pier, we left our luggage at the hotel that morning. They have a locked room for holding luggage, gave us a ticket we had to present to retrieve our luggage, and it was safe and easy. However, even though the official bording time started at 2:00, we were able to board much earlier. I think we boarded about 12:00 after seeing many people boarding even earlier. We picked up our luggage after going out and walking around the area for a while, rolled it across the street to the pier, and were on the ship and eating lunch well before 2:00.

Enjoy your cruise! We're going on Victory out of San Juan to the Southern Caribbean in December.

Not to worry. Take a taxi to the dock and give your bags to the porters.

You can go on and check in to the terminal and get your boarding zone card or go on into Old San Juan for a few hours if you want.

We got to the pier around 12:00 PM on the Destiny and checked in. Sent a lot of time after getting our S&S cards at the duty free liquor shops (free samples BTW). We were the 4 group to board and was on the ship by 12:45 PM eating lunch.

(If you want to smuggle liquor, be sure to leave enough room in your carry ons. The security check-in will not say anything about any bottles in your carry on. I wish other check-inw were the same.)

Archived