Possible CC Cruise to Alaska??

kellywhitehills

Kelly, me and hubby might be interested also. Let us know pricing when you know. How is the weather in Alaska in Sept? I get enough cold weather here in Colorado. I like to go to where it's warm but want to see Alaska.

It can be chilly....We lucked out with the weather..Had lots of sun and very little rain...Alaskan weather is all part of the Alaskan Experience..:) Dress in layers....water proof shoes and a lightweight fleece jacket..That should keep you ready for anything!

Still no word on the pricing..Ill post as soon as I know something!!

I was speaking with my CVS at Carnival this morning and she thinks that what is happening is that Carnival is reviewing each ship and once it's confirmed where the ship will be sailing from, the itineraries/pricing is put out. As soon as they knew the Pride was going out of Baltimore - pricing showed up. As soon as they knew Triumph would be out of New Orleans - pricing showed up.

There is a rumor (and I stress it's just that), that Carnival may put on a second ship doing Alaska cruises, but out of Seattle, in 2010. If they do that, then it may mean whatever ship it is would do repositioning cruises through the Panama Canal like other cruise lines. I certainly hope so, and that may be why the pricing for Alaska cruises is being delayed for 2010.

Whatever the reason is, I'm anxiously awaiting the info. :) I know my CVS will call me whenever it's available.

Great info Sandy! I am sure that between you and Kelly - we should find out something soon.

Since I did not have any luck posting my picture a few days ago, does anyone else have a picture of Alaska they would like to share?

Boy Sandy thanks for sharing what you know!...I cant wait to see what happens and what cruises are going to be availible for Alaska..Makes you wonder IF they add another ship which one will it be!

Heres another photo for you guys!

This is from Tracy Arm..Sawyer Glacier..We did this excursion with Adventure Bound

2994622330041872668S600x600Q85.jpg

Emerald Lake..We had some amazing weather for September!

2827427670041872668S600x600Q85.jpg

I hope the pricing does come out soon. I have a booking on the Cupids II group cruise in Feb. 2010, and was going to transfer it to the new group cruise on the Dream in Feb. 2010, but ended up booking the Dream cruise through Carnival, so I still have the Cupids group cruise booked. When the pricing comes out for Alaska and this cruise becomes "official", I can have my booking transferred to this cruise.

I just don't want to cancel the Cupids II booking unless I have to because there's a $50 cancellation fee and there's no fee if I transfer a booking, so I'd rather avoid that fee if I canl.

BTW - great pictures as usual, Kelly. I'll have to see if I can post some of mine here.

Here are a couple of shots of the ship coming into Ketchikan. It was early September and you can see what a gorgeous day it was!

ketchikan2.jpg?t=1233766476

That's how close the town is to the pier!

ketchikan3.jpg?t=1233766596

I remember reading the Alaskan boards last year about how bad the weather was for most of the cruise season...Then Sept rolled around and viola! we had some awesome weather didnt we!..Nice shots of Ketchikan!

Kelly

Heres a few motivational photos..:)

Imagine yourself sitting on your balcony taking in the wonders of Glacier Bay

2296167030041872668S500x500Q85.jpg

2955402420041872668S500x500Q85.jpg

Or Whale watching in Juneau

2966645730041872668S500x500Q85.jpg

Or Fishing in Ketchikan

2406431280041872668S500x500Q85.jpg

OR Exploring the Yukon in Skagway!

2193288510041872668S500x500Q85.jpg

Note all of these photos were taken from the RT cruise out of Vancouver this past Sept..

Kelly

BBBRRRR!!! Too cold for me!!! Can I send my DH?? LOL

Archived