Acapulco, Zihuatanejo, Manzanillo

MommyCruisers

Zihua is a quaint little village that is tourist oriented; thus seems safe. The cruise ship tenders to a pier. On and near the pier are many vendors offering tours and water taxi rides.

Many folks water taxi to the Playa Las Gatas bay beach for an inexpensive desolate natural surroundings beach adventure with some snorkeling.

Playa Las Ropas is a long beautiful bay beach lined with small bars, eateries, small hotels, etc. The beach at the cruise pier is much the same, except not as long. It would be a nice safe walk with interesting sights and good exercise the walk the length of Playa Las Ropas beach.

Auto taxis are a few feet away on the street behind the tender pier beach.

Typical beachfront - Playas Las Ropas

STP61962.jpg

I know it's minor but this is a picture of Playa Madera, not Playa La Ropa.....anyway be careful of the cabs in the little parking lot as you leave the pier, some of them overcharge. It is 30 pesos to the 1st street on La Ropa where you can stay all day at Paty's Marimar for free, just eat and drink a little. or it's 35 pesos to the end of the beach to stay at any of the other places...I go to Paty's everyday when I'm in town, it's clean, the food is very good and priced right...You can always catch a taxi on the street by the basketball court if the taxis in the parking lot want more....Yes it is safe at the beaches and in town. Don't swim in the town beach, in fact I wouldn't swim in any town beach in any Mexican town....

IMO they are really not as "clean" as they look, too much "stuff" runs off into the water there...

I know it's minor but this is a picture of Playa Madera, not Playa La Ropa.....anyway be careful of the cabs in the little parking lot as you leave the pier, some of them overcharge. It is 30 pesos to the 1st street on La Ropa where you can stay all day at Paty's Marimar for free, just eat and drink a little. or it's 35 pesos to the end of the beach to stay at any of the other places...I go to Paty's everyday when I'm in town, it's clean, the food is very good and priced right...You can always catch a taxi on the street by the basketball court if the taxis in the parking lot want more....Yes it is safe at the beaches and in town. Don't swim in the town beach, in fact I wouldn't swim in any town beach in any Mexican town....

IMO they are really not as "clean" as they look, too much "stuff" runs off into the water there...

Yep, Lardor you are right! We are planning to stop in to Zihua next season, and even trying to locate Paty's is hard from their website. Perhaps youall Zuhia experts can tag a few of the best places for Taco's on the Wiki map, as Zihua is poorly represented. It is real easy to do. I was able to locate the best tacos in Cabo from the Wiki map, and we shall dine the best tacos in Cabo next month. The wiki map Zihua link is below.

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=17.6299531&lon=-101.5699768&z=13&l=0&m=a&v=2&search=Zihuatanejo

Yep, Lardor you are right! We are planning to stop in to Zihua next season, and even trying to locate Paty's is hard from their website. Perhaps youall Zuhia experts can tag a few of the best places for Taco's on the Wiki map, as Zihua is poorly represented. It is real easy to do. I was able to locate the best tacos in Cabo from the Wiki map, and we shall dine the best tacos in Cabo next month. The wiki map Zihua link is below.

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=17.6299531&lon=-101.5699768&z=13&l=0&m=a&v=2&search=Zihuatanejo

Paty's is easy to find, just hop in a taxi for 30 pesos...

If you want to walk it be prepared for 30/40 minutes with a killer of a hill to navigate...On the Wiki map enlarge the Playa La Ropa area till you see 2 large white buildings, go down the beach to the swimming pool, down a little farther to the road you see ending at the beach and Paty's is on the left side of that road.

Now, if you are willing to be spoiled forever, I'll send you to where I try to eat breakfast once a week when we are in town. Go to the Mercado, walk through it to the back, go out into the street, turn around and a little on the right at about "2 o'clock", you'll see an awning that says CARNITAS URUAPAN. they are ready to serve at 8:30 or a little after and close around 2 or 3 when they run out of carnitas...I get 2 for breakfast and that's usually all I need till lunchtime. There is nothing else to eat other than carnitas, they do not have any other meat for tacos...I would go early as it gets rather warm as the day gos by...

Enjoy......

• 2 weeks later...

We did the jet boats on our last cruise and it was pretty cool. There weren't a lot of people who booked and once we got there we had to wait for others to fill the boats before they left. There wasn't much time to do much else for us but go to the hard rock cafe and a bit of shopping. will do the cliff divers this time.

• 1 month later...
We are leaving for those ports shortly, so I'll post more when I get back, but we have been to Manzanilla before and it is really not a tourist city - not too much of interest to see. We will be taking a ship shore excurision at this port. I have heard a lot of people go to Las Hadas resort for the day (day pass around $25)

Hi, I was wondering about what to do in these ports. Can you recommend or comment please?

Archived