Carnival Vow Renewals?

If you don't get any additional replies, try the search function, as it seems to be working great today. In this thread, the last poster has some information, and if you go to their pictures, they have some pictures of their vow renewal ceremony:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=819005&highlight=carnival+renewals

We're having a vow renewal this summer. I booked it through Carnival's Wedding Dept. We cannot have it on embarkment day or formal night and I am suppose to get with the group dept when we get on board to plan day and time. I am hoping to have it the last sea day so we don't lose any of our port time. Also, I would like to do it right before lunch and then all of us go to lunch; I am hoping to ask for them to reserve us a table just for our party at lunch that day. Let us know how yours turned out!

We're having a vow renewal this summer. I booked it through Carnival's Wedding Dept. We cannot have it on embarkment day or formal night and I am suppose to get with the group dept when we get on board to plan day and time. I am hoping to have it the last sea day so we don't lose any of our port time. Also, I would like to do it right before lunch and then all of us go to lunch; I am hoping to ask for them to reserve us a table just for our party at lunch that day. Let us know how yours turned out!

we booked through the wedding department also. They dont do the renewals while at any ports either from what they told me. so we were ok to book our excursions. They do the renewal when it is good for the captain. I will update after ours and let you know how it went. What ship are you going on?

Did you get any details other then you will get a note in your cabin. What kind of cake and what type of flutes you wanted. I was kinda upset that I couldn't narrow it down to at least the day of our anniversary. Kinda thought for $385 I should get to pick the date

Did you get anew dress? What is hubby wearing, we can't decide on that yet. I ordered this dress

http://www.nexteve.com/shop/cocktail-dresses/sapphireblue-asymmetric-short-dress-F6211.html

I bet your excite getting this close. Can't wait to hear how it went.

Leslie

we booked through the wedding department also. They dont do the renewals while at any ports either from what they told me. so we were ok to book our excursions. They do the renewal when it is good for the captain. I will update after ours and let you know how it went. What ship are you going on?

We will be in a different port everyday on our cruise, so I wonder how they will do this then? It would have to be an evening event and geesh no formal night what a waste of a gown LOL, that just means i get to buy another one. SHHH we won't tell that one to hubby till he gets onboard

Did you get any details other then you will get a note in your cabin. What kind of cake and what type of flutes you wanted. I was kinda upset that I couldn't narrow it down to at least the day of our anniversary. Kinda thought for $385 I should get to pick the date

Did you get anew dress? What is hubby wearing, we can't decide on that yet. I ordered this dress

http://www.nexteve.com/shop/cocktail-dresses/sapphireblue-asymmetric-short-dress-F6211.html

I bet your excite getting this close. Can't wait to hear how it went.

Leslie

Leslie Im wearing a wedding dress with a veil for ours. 12 years ago we were married in the court house we couldnt afford a wedding then. Even though this is a vow renewal we are somewhat treating it like a wedding to a point. I was upset that we couldnt pin point a date either. we are on a 7 day cruise and are very port heavy we have no days at sea so ours will be one night at sea. The champaigne flutes they will give you will be the ones that say anniversary. The cake all i know is that it is a two tier cake. I guess we will find all that out when we get on the ship. After you board the ship you should find out where the group cordinator is at that will be who you have to talk to.

Tracy,

I was able to pick my cake, 1 tier is yellow, 1 tier choc. and and they have strawberry filling. You may want to call early about that if you want something specific. We have no sea days either, :( I would like to have a bigger bouquet then just 1 rose, I did get a pcket in the mail today from a wedding planner with picture prices:eek: for bigger packages and videos but nothing about upgrading flowers

Tracy,

I was able to pick my cake, 1 tier is yellow, 1 tier choc. and and they have strawberry filling. You may want to call early about that if you want something specific. We have no sea days either, :( I would like to have a bigger bouquet then just 1 rose, I did get a pcket in the mail today from a wedding planner with picture prices:eek: for bigger packages and videos but nothing about upgrading flowers

I will have to call the wedding department on monday about the cake and see what they tell me. My flowers my step mom surprised me and she is making a bouqet for me. Yea my packet i got through email. The pictures are expensive. We will probably order a few pictures. we are although going to do the video so our kids can see it.

I called the wedding department and let them know about my choice for the cake...and they had asked me a few other things they needed to know. I also did not know that i had to bring a copy of our marriage license with us, ( i was never told). As for your bouquet mine was hand made by my step mom. You could always go that route for a bigger bouquet.

I had no idea to bring the original marriage certificate. Glad you told me. add that to the list. Thanks for telling me.

you are very welcome...i was shocked when carnival weddings told me...I booked everything through my travel agent...needless to say i would have been very upset if i got on the cruise and was told they couldnt do my renewal because i didnt have it with me.

How did shoe shopping go??

The linen shirt shopping in the dead of winter here was awful.. I didn't get him white,but a light teal blue was the best I could do.. I gave up and bought it to go with khaki's. I guess there will always be 1 little bump int he road and if that was it, whewww i am scott free from here LOL.

Can't wait to here how yours goes. I think I am just as excited for you and I am for myself lol.

Im going this week to get my shoes...Im not looking for to spectacular since they will not be seen at all because of my dress. We are going to start packing tonight and tomorrow to see what else we need to buy clothes wise for the cruise. I also put my marriage license in with my docments so i have it ready and dont forget to bring it with. Im so excited i cant wait...we leave a few days before the cruise to go to my niece's wedding in new jersey. Im excited and sooooooo cant wait.

Well yesterday we did our final shopping for the cruise. i got my white shoes for the renewal. Payless has an awesome sale going on right now. (buy one get one sale) So we were able to get hubby's shoes too..Right now im panicking we are half packed and I still have to get my kids stuff packed for their grandparents house. Ughhhhh 1 day 20 hours till we fly out!!!!

Archived