Samana Excursion

Hi all:

I am wondering about if anyone has been on the hike, bike, kayak excursion in Samana. I think it is a newer excursion, not many people have done it. Someone else asked the question on the Samana site with little answers but I am guessing people who have recently returned may not be checking that site but reading the more general posts. Also any other feedback about the other excursions in Samana which is limited if you have under 16 year olds. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Hi all:

I am wondering about if anyone has been on the hike, bike, kayak excursion in Samana. I think it is a newer excursion, not many people have done it. Someone else asked the question on the Samana site with little answers but I am guessing people who have recently returned may not be checking that site but reading the more general posts. Also any other feedback about the other excursions in Samana which is limited if you have under 16 year olds. Any feedback is much appreciated.

Hi, In Oct. we were on the Grandeur & took Royal's ship excursion...Discover Samana. There really isn't much to see there. I believe the cost was $32pp it was a little pricey for what you got. Those who took the beach excursion enjoyed the day there Very Much. I also heard good feedback on the horseback riding to the falls, although they got a little muddy everyone Enjoyed the time there as well. We're not beach people so when we are back in Samana in April. We will take the tender boat & walk about a 1/2 mile? to the flea market area & look around.

Enjoy your cruise.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

Thanks for the info. I figured my kids would hate the general Samana tour and unfortunately they are too young at 12 and 15 for the Horseback Ride. We are not big beach people plus we will be at Larabee the day before. I think they didn't have the bike,hike, kayak last year.. Maybe we will just walk to town.

Archived