-6 As A High And No School Do You Think Its Time For A Cruise?

Yikes...! I feel for the folks up north in Canada....that's inhuman!! (also is N Dakota, Wisconsin...etc) This is the crappiest weather.

The temperature here has dropped, I think its 10 right now. Tomorrow is supposed to be a high of around 6:eek:. I'm thinking the schools will be closed as Thursday its supposed to drop more...reaching a mere -17 by Friday morning at 8am. (I'm outside of Dayton, Oh for the record)

Where are those long johns??????????????????????/

Holy cow bat man.....

Ahh yes, winter how I loathe thee...

I'm also here in Canada (Halifax) and our wonderful high tomorrow is a balmy (not! :D) -20. We should be able to board a Caribbean-bound cruise ship in November and stay on until June! haha :p

Only 90-odd days until my Med cruise! Can't come quick enough I say!!

Here in Toronto -34 degrees, and life still goes on:p. Canadians should cruise for free.

I agree with you:) Isn't it supposed to be even worse tomorrow? I can deal with the cold much better than all the ice and snow though. I really hate falling on the ice and shovelling the snow. I have 7 months until my next cruise though. I'll have to remember the cold when I'm toughing it out in the Meditteranean next August.

OK, so I've been home for 5 days from my Monarch cruise. It's going to get down in the teens tonight and I've had a sinus infection since I got home!

I think I need to head on down to the islands mon and get well!:D

Steve, it's 0 here now. Not quite as bad as farther north, but still pretty cold for us. I think I have the same need to head back down to Coco Cay. I'll grab Kevin and we'll pick you up on the way. Only about 9 hours to drive to your place!

One week ago we were chasing our kids in the straw market.

Bob

Well, looking at the bright side, the nasty weather will make us all appreciate our future warm weather cruises that much more! Well, at least that is what is getting me through these next few days- I'm lucky- I only have a week and a half until Las Vegas and 2 1/2 months until cruisin time! It makes the high of 0 degrees in Milwaukee tomorrow seem a bit more bearable...

Well, looking at the bright side, the nasty weather will make us all appreciate our future warm weather cruises that much more! Well, at least that is what is getting me through these next few days- I'm lucky- I only have a week and a half until Las Vegas and 2 1/2 months until cruisin time! It makes the high of 0 degrees in Milwaukee tomorrow seem a bit more bearable...

The weather here in Las Vegas today was sunny, bright, calm and 65. We had the front door open this afternoon, and the cat slept in the sunshine for three hours. The nights are still quite cold though... good damn thing I've got a warm cat!!

One day back about a dozen years ago I flew about this time of year Houston to Winterpeg and it was 100 deg F temp change from here to there.

Tomorrow we will be cold, for Houston... I'm sure my cattle will be happy when it quits freezing here.

Stay warm, and we're hoping the snow doesn't cause too many problems for folks way up North.

Just looked at my outdoor thermometer....shows -18 degrees. Wind chill is around -35 right now. :(

Leaving next Thursday for our cruise, and looking forward to temperatures 100 degrees warmer than we are experiencing right now. :rolleyes:

Steve, it's 0 here now. Not quite as bad as farther north, but still pretty cold for us. I think I have the same need to head back down to Coco Cay. I'll grab Kevin and we'll pick you up on the way. Only about 9 hours to drive to your place!

One week ago we were chasing our kids in the straw market.

Bob

Hey Bob, I'm your halfway point! I'll drive the second leg! :D

Our lovely weathermen (who are advertising about how much they LOVE winter because it gives them something to do!!!!) predicted wind chills in the -40 F range last night. Today's high............0. Oh boy, what a heat wave. I have 36 days until I leave for CA for our cruise, I'm not counting either. I have the driest skin in Maine, I feel like a piece of sandpaper.

Why oh Why did I move here from southern VA? Oh yeah, my in-laws needed us to be closer. I hope they appreciate my suffering.

Try to stay inside everybody, we will get through this, we always do. Think of summer, 75 F, nice gentle breezes, out by the pool or fishing on the lakes.

Lisa

17 degrees and snowing right now, highs in the low 20s today, down to single digits tonight with 9 degrees for a high tomorrow, down to -3 tomorrow night. They say we won't get out of the 20s for highs until next Thursday.

Doesn't sound half bad for a lot of you, considering how far below zero you are - but we're in North Carolina! The cold air is definitly sinking waaaay south!

Archived