Need Info on Independence - Western Itinerary

trvlbug08

We just booked a last minute cruise on the Independence for Feb. 15th. We have been on the Freedom so we kind of know what to expect as far as the ship goes. I was excited UNTIL I read some of the reviews on Belize and Costa Maya. Some of the pictures posted on Costa Maya look like they are still devastated by hurricane Dean. Are there any resorts that have day passes? Has anyone done this? In Belize, the big concerns seems to be safety. I am wondering if we made a mistake by doing this itinerary. It is too late now to cancel or change to a different ship.

Also, are there two formal nights or since this is a 6 night only one? Thanks for any help!

Formal nights - two - Monday and Thursday.

I'm taking a beige jacket and three different trouser / shirt combos. No tux or suit for me. The idea of two formal nights is outdated when you have to pay for each bag you check in.

Costa Maya - Port is OK. Take Taxi to Mahahaul. Pez Quadro is very well thought of as an all inclusive.

Belize - Don't go into Belize proper. Belize is known for excursions. Go to one of the cayes (keys) or go to one of the Mayan ruins. We're going snorkeling to Rendezvous Caye.

Geoff Caye and Caye Caulker are both nice too.

Mike

Costa Maya is nice near the port, and the excursions are good too. There are Mayan ruins (Kuhunlich is really cool, as is Chacchoben), active sports and beaches.

If you want to do something in Belize, go through RCCL if you are concerned.

Cozumel is, well, Cozumel.

Yes, 2 formal nights.

And last: come join our roll-call! The link is below.

Don't stress you will have a great time!

Archived