over night in key west

davemax

Two we like and have used many times are Sheraton Suites and the DoubleTree Resort. Neither is right downtown. You will have to drive into town or use the complementary hotel vans if you stay at these hotels.

I know the Sheraton's van runs only until 11:45PM and you have to make reservations. They fill up fast. I don't recall the DoubleTree van's schedule.

The Sheraton Suites are right across from Smathers Beach. The DoubleTree has a very nice pool area, but is not near a beach.

We have also stayed at the Key West Inn once and the Westin once. The Westin is right on the harborfront. Cruiseships often dock in front of the Westin. It is close to downtown action, definitely walkable. The Westin has a high daily parking fee. The DoubleTree charges to park also, though less than Westin. Sheraton Suites do not have a parking charge.

Another attractive and historic hotel, all completely and newly renovated is the Casa Marina Hotel. This hotel has a beautiful palm tree lined beach, but the water isn't really good for swimming. Swim in their lovely pool. I was disappointed that the renovation abandoned the classic old historic Flagler style and chose to use European styling with modern furnitre--almost an Ikea look. But many people do like that look, so maybe it will work for the hotel.

I would generally recommend an Inn or B&B near Duval street rather than a hotel. My wife and I have stayed at the Curry Mansion a few times. It's on Caroline just off Duval. Walking distance to Mallory Square and most of the touristy areas.

• 1 month later...
My wife and I prefer to stay at Marrero's B&B, just 1/2 block off of Duval.............

So glad to hear this.. Me and my husband are going on eastern caribbean cruise on Glory this August.. afterwards we are spending 1 week in Key West and I have decided on this place.. Im just about to make reservations this week.. Looks like this place is pretty nice and alot of the things we want to do is closeby here..

My wife and I prefer to stay at Marrero's B&B, just 1/2 block off of Duval.............

We spent 5 nights at Marrero's last January and had a wonderful time. It is very convenient to everything. If you want to see a wonderful sunset but without all of the crowds of Mallory Square, just walk down the block to the La Concha hotel and to the bar on the top floor. You can grab a drink and walk outside for a wonderful view. Also, make sure you take the ghost tour...Marrero's is one of the stops!

Be aware that the pool in back is clothing optional. My husband went down for ice one morning and saw the moon rising in the morning!

So glad to hear this.. Me and my husband are going on eastern caribbean cruise on Glory this August.. afterwards we are spending 1 week in Key West and I have decided on this place.. Im just about to make reservations this week.. Looks like this place is pretty nice and alot of the things we want to do is closeby here..

You won't be sorry...........Great place, and QUIET, except for maybe a rooster now and then.............

We spent 5 nights at Marrero's last January and had a wonderful time. It is very convenient to everything. If you want to see a wonderful sunset but without all of the crowds of Mallory Square, just walk down the block to the La Concha hotel and to the bar on the top floor. You can grab a drink and walk outside for a wonderful view. Also, make sure you take the ghost tour...Marrero's is one of the stops!

Be aware that the pool in back is clothing optional. My husband went down for ice one morning and saw the moon rising in the morning!

yep we already have the ghost tour on our plans.. thats funny about the pool.. :D

Archived