S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Hi...we have Solstice aft cabin 2155 booked for 11/30 and I am concerned about what you said...soot and noise. Is the noise from above during the night or day or day and night...

I worry about sleeping without noise. Never had a bed close to the veranda before...

does that seem strange? In other words the sofa and sitting area is between the bed area and the bathroom?? Not sure I like that arrangement. Do you think being aft for the view offsets the negatives you mentioned? Thanks for the info!

Please start a new thread asking your question. This thread is for the collection of information only. Most who post information don't return to this thread.

This is such a helpful idea....hopefully this will be done with ALL ships, for all cruise lines....it's so helpful when deciding on a cabin or just for daydreaming!!!!!! THANKS!!!

With many looking for information on specific cabins on Solstice I thought it might be good to have a form of sorts for everyone to post basic information on each cabin that is easily read and searchable.

Hopefully if future cruisers will cooperate we can eventually obtain information on most every cabin and possibly get it as a sticky. Below is the information that I have noticed many wanting to know about the cabins. Please add any pertinant information that I might have missed. I will add a post after this one with just the questions that you can "Reply To" and add your information without copying and editing this first post. I hope to eventually get the basic info in a table and will try to post that periodically within the thread.

Please name your post with the title "Cabin # xxxx" so that those searching for information on a specific cabin can locate those easier with the search this forum option by using the cabin number that they need info on.

After the questions please add any comments concerning location - close to elevators, far from specific venues, etc. Also, post links to your photos of specific cabins or attach photos to the post.

Deck -

Cabin # -

Class –

Starboard or Port Side -

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Was wind a problem?

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments?

Deck - 9 Panorama

Cabin # - 9232

Class – 1B

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near? – Balcony

Quiet Cabin Yes, except one morning when they were powerwashing a lower deck

Balcony View - No obstructions out, looked straight down on the lifeboats 2-3 decks lower

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? I had to leave it at the end of the trip. No towel animals at night.

Any other comments? nice location, midway between fore and aft stairs / elevator banks.

Here is the latest edition of the spreadsheet. I have put question marks in the cells to show that I didn't get that information from the post. If anyone can fill in any of the blanks, please post the information.

Donna, many many thanks. It's getting better all the time! Your work is much appreciated.:D

Deck - 10 SKY

Cabin # - 1086

Class – CC1

Bed near? – Balcony

Quiet Cabin Yes,

Balcony View - GREAT,TO RIGHT VIEW START OF HUMP

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? no

Any specific problems with this cabin? NO. QUIET.

Any other comments? nice location,near elevator banks.

Deck - Vista

Cabin # - 8108

Class – Family Veranda

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –N/A

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet Cabin, connecting with 8106

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Double of a regular size balcony (twice as long)

Was wind a problem? No, also had an area to get out of wind if it was a problem.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Great, extremely large cabin with two bedrooms. It is great for families!

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8107

Class – FV

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near? Facing Heleport

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – earthquake when front thrusters are being used

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great View

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Large

Was wind a problem? very windy

Any specific problems with this cabin? a lot of space but no bureau for clothes

Any other comments? tv was on the fritz for a couple days, parental control was not working for adult content on tv. Other than that a fantastic room.

we are back

My first post will be here=

cabin== 8338, aft cabin

Deck - 8 (Vista)

Cabin # - 8338

Class – SV- sunset verenda

Starboard or Port Side - aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet , no connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great View, fantastic

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal size

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? I thought that the bed will have been near the sliding door, but i have love it more the other way

very clean, very beautiful

Here is the latest edition of the spreadsheet. I have put question marks in the cells to show that I didn't get that information from the post. If anyone can fill in any of the blanks, please post the information.

I must say you are the most organized person I have come across in ages. It is amazing how helpful your information is. FOR YEARS I am always asking, which cabin, how is the balcony, is it noisy. Will I be agitated by something. The trips we take, take us away from our everyday and oridinary and we all want it just so.

Thank you so much for your great work and terrific organizational skills. I hope, if you work, your boss appreciates you.

Thank you so much,

Carolyn

I must say you are the most organized person I have come across in ages. It is amazing how helpful your information is. FOR YEARS I am always asking, which cabin, how is the balcony, is it noisy. Will I be agitated by something. The trips we take, take us away from our everyday and oridinary and we all want it just so.

Thank you so much for your great work and terrific organizational skills. I hope, if you work, your boss appreciates you.

Thank you so much,

Carolyn

Thank you for the kind words. I enjoy the planning process of a trip almost as much as the trip itself. I like to research every possible detail and as you I always want to know as much information as I can when booking a cabin. I would hate to put that much work into making the "perfect" vacation only to find out that my cabin choice was not what I envisioned.

And I do work - I call it working to vacation. :) That's why I sometimes don't get the updates every week as I had hoped.

Please, do not hesitate to make corrections to my English.

Deck - 11, Penthouse

Cabin # - 1550

Class – Acquaclass

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – The cabin is just under the beginning of the Solarium-area. In the evening, around 9.00/9.30 pm, and in the morning, around 6.30/7.00 am, there is some noise which sounds like shuffling around with chairs. Probably for cleaning? We didn't mind and it didn't wake us, but that was also due to the time-difference with Europe .. we woke up early :)

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Clear view straight forward, to the left and down. When looking to the right we naturally did see the ladder of the washing equipment which is in front of cabin 1546. No issue for us, we could see alongside the ladder or through it :D

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal, loved the high-back chairs.

Was wind a problem? When leaving Fort Lauderdale, starboard is sunside. Whe could use the balcony to sit/lie in the sun. On the way back - from St. Maarten - the balcony is on the "wrong" side and sometimes it could get a little chilly.

Any specific problems with this cabin? N/A

Any other comments? It was just 5 steps from the elevators. This cabin is the last one of the front hump and at that point the gangway makes a curve inside. In front of our room was a storageroom for the cabin-attendants. Whe never did hear them enter that room or slam the door.

I have one question, well maybe two. How do you go about finding out all this info?

And second what makes the difference between categories of cabins?

Since I booked a balcony Cat.2C, I notice for only a few hundred I can get a higher up deck, so now I wonder what the difference is.

Maybe you can share some of your experience, please?:confused:

msliv

Deck - Deck 9

Cabin # - 9215

Class – 1A

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet apart from next door neighbours slamming their door

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – First angled cabin after hump facing forward. Unobstructed views forward and down.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Huge

Was wind a problem? If leaning over the balcony on a sea day yes, otherwise no.

Any other comments? Great midship location near to the lifts

I have one question, well maybe two. How do you go about finding out all this info?

And second what makes the difference between categories of cabins?

Since I booked a balcony Cat.2C, I notice for only a few hundred I can get a higher up deck, so now I wonder what the difference is.

Maybe you can share some of your experience, please?:confused:

msliv

This thread was created for gathering information. As those who cruise return they will fill out the form provided and post their information.

Normally a higher deck will cost more and those in the more desired locations will be higher - mainly those in the center on the "hump". Please post any further questions as a new thread on the main board to keep this thread as I intended it to be.

Deck - 11 Penthouse

Cabin # - 1621

Class – Aqua Class

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet Cabin for the most part, some creeks when the ship was rolling in high seas, and neighbor's door slam was loud

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments? Fairly close to aft lifts.

Edited by Disney Campers

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6180

Class – Obstructed

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet Cabin

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Obstructed view, the white lifeboat davits, did have a view between the 2 lifeboats one tender boat to the aft and one regular lifeboat to the bow.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any other comments?

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6300

Class –

Starboard or Port Side -

Bed near? Balcony--aft section

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – No real problems. Since the cabin is in the aft section, not much traffic going through.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Got this cabin on the special where you're guaranteed a balcony, but not a specific cabin. Was concerned about it having obstructed view, but it's only obstructed looking down. The balcony floor extends beyond the railing, although I noted that many of the other cabins had downward view obstructed as well, although they were higher up and therefore the angle mitigated the obstruction.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Large. In fact, about double normal balcony size.

Was wind a problem? No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No.

Any specific problems with this cabin? The cabin looked a little smaller than on other ships. Not much storage space.

Any other comments?

Edited by Harry Cane

Ship: Solstice

Deck - 11

Cabin # 1592

Class – Aqua

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Cabin was below the forward area of the pool (about even with the bar). Could hear chairs being moved, carts, people walking. Chair noise woke us up early a few times.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – great unobstructed view, but the overhanging deck 12 shaded us from any sun. View of lifeboats was mildly annoying.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal Size balcony, we had ours opened up to cabin 1590 (cruising partners) so it seemed even bigger.

Was wind a problem? Somewhat, but was quiet with the door shut.

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

I see you have 7212 with the bed near the bath and 7223 with the bed near the balcony. This makes sense since they alternate.

BUT you then have 7241 with the bed near balcony. If the alternating keeps going it should be near the bath ???

Can you double check..

I see you have 7212 with the bed near the bath and 7223 with the bed near the balcony. This makes sense since they alternate.

BUT you then have 7241 with the bed near balcony. If the alternating keeps going it should be near the bath ???

Can you double check..

Post #11 shows 7241 with the bed near the balcony. If there are handicapped accessible cabins nearby it could have caused the sequence of bath/balcony to change.

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2122

Class – S2

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bath

Quiet Cabin –occasional noise from Oceanview Cafe above, and very creaky ceiling in moderate seas (kind of neat sounding :p)

Balcony View - PERFECT !!!

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? never

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? none

Any other comments? Our Butler and cabin staff were some of the best ever. The overhang was great on the rainy days we had. We stayed dry and outside on the balcony the whole time.

Deck # 8

Cabin # 8205

Class 2A

Port

Bed near bath

Quiet cabin

Balcony view very good...lifeboat 2 decks down

Balcony size normal

Wind not a problem

Soot not a problem

Other comments...When we first arrived I was upset about the storage, but it surprisingly worked out fine.