Aerlingus stop in Dublin

cruise cook

I am trying to book an AerLingus flight from Rome to Orlando. The website won't allow me to do that unless I book separte flights from Rome to Dublin one way. Then Dublin to Orlando one way. This means that we need to pay for the baggage on the Europe portion. I have read on the boards about being able to stop in Dublin for up to two weeks and have it all count as one flight. How is this accomplished? We would love to spend a few days in Dublin.

I am trying to book an AerLingus flight from Rome to Orlando. The website won't allow me to do that unless I book separte flights from Rome to Dublin one way. Then Dublin to Orlando one way. This means that we need to pay for the baggage on the Europe portion. I have read on the boards about being able to stop in Dublin for up to two weeks and have it all count as one flight. How is this accomplished? We would love to spend a few days in Dublin.

Call them directly. It's important that you get the ticket as 'one' and not two parts. If it's one ticket, you can still get a stopover, but more importantly the transatlantic luggage limit applies to the European portion of the flight. If not, you'll be paying to check luggage

We flew them last October to Venice and were very happy with the fare and the service. Yes, you should call them to book............actually, the res agent found a much better fare than I was able to come up with. They also partner with JetBlue.

Just wanted to say that we were able to call AerLingus and get the flights that we wanted booked from Rome to Dublin with an overnight then onto Orlando. First time in a while that calling was actually a better opion than doing it oneself on the net.

Congrats............glad you were happy with your fare. I too will soon be calling them for a fare TO Rome,this will be a one way and first check on line was already hundreds better than Kayak.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just notified of a sale from JFK to many spots in Europe valid till June 15. This is a great opportunity to book your one way fares for Transatlantic cruises since the reverse route is also on sale. More details on the Aerlingus website.

Archived