We're Coming to Majahual!

Ag_Cruiser

Howdy!

We'll be on the Star Princess and we've just been informed that we'll be going to Majahual instead of Princess Cays. That's great with me! We'll be there from 0800 to 1700 on 11/23. I've been thinking this change was coming so I've done a little reading ahead on this board. :)

Some questions for NitrogenAddict or someone else familiar with the area:

1. We'd like to do some snorkeling (I bought a new waterproof case for my digital camera and am trying to get as much snorkeling in as possible!). I've seen some mentions of it on the board but no in depth analysis . . . and I'm looking for the best out of this trip! Is the snorkeling good? Is there an independent operator I should book with? How long would the trip be?

2. Golf Carts: I know there are a limited supply. Will they hold 2 or 4 people? How much are they for the entire day (I've seen $50/day and $12/hour . . . which is it)?

3. I know Tapas has been highly recommended, anywhere elese we shouldn't miss?

4. We're going to be there for 9 hours, is there enough to do to fill that entire time? Could we do one of the ruins and still have time for the beach and/or snorkeling?

Thanks for your replies! All help is greatly appreciated!

Okay if you are going to be here for ) hours then your choices are great. I would recommend doing the Cahchobben Tour which is not far away and would take up approx 4 hours. They are very interesting. You can do it for less with the Taxis. First you need to get into the town of Mahahual and go to where you see all the yellow cabs. You can then rent a taxi for the trip. When you get back there are 3 companies that are reliable about snorkel trips. The trip is for one and a half hours. This is a 15 minute boat ride to the snorkel site and 1 hour snorkelling with a 15 minute return ride. Obviously depending on the weather. There is lots of small stands selling soveniers and hair braiding etc. A lot of the beach bars are now offering massages. All through the town you can find bars, small restaurants and a beautiful beach. There is something for everyone with Waverunners, parasailing, horseriding 4 wheel bikes etc. Come and enjoy our laid back atmosphere. From the reports on this board it seems 90% of the people are pleased.

Ag-cruiser-

Just wondering for your Princess cruise did they switch any of the sea days to get to Majahual? It seems a far distance to go for a 7 day Eastern itinerary. I only ask because I'll be on the Caribbean Princess in a few weeks and the Princess reps are saying Majahual may be a replacement for Princess Cays for us. I'm so confused! Thanks for any help. I like being prepared for all this. :)

Archived