Anyone done RCCL's Lord Sheffield Tallship Adventure?

candhmama

We are trying to decide what to do on St. Martin. It will be DH, myself and our 3 kids 12, 8 and 3 1/2. I was originally looking at Capt. Morgan's snorkeling trip but I heard the snorkeling wasn't that great. I know that dh and myself will have to take turns snorkeling because of our youngest but the older ones really wanted to try snorkeling. I am trying to decide between this and Capt. Alan's 3 island snorkeling tirp. Any info would be appreciated.

I have been on the Lord Sheffield twice... It has been a couple of years, but I was glad to see they were still around for my upcoming April cruise. I don't know if they have changed their format at all, but if you are interested in snorkeling you may want to find something different. You do get some time to swim and snorkel, but it is not the purpose of the trip so it is limited.

You basically sail, eat, drink, see the coast, and swim. It is a GREAT thing, but maybe not for snorkeling.

Good luck!

We are trying to decide what to do on St. Martin. It will be DH, myself and our 3 kids 12, 8 and 3 1/2. I was originally looking at Capt. Morgan's snorkeling trip but I heard the snorkeling wasn't that great. I know that dh and myself will have to take turns snorkeling because of our youngest but the older ones really wanted to try snorkeling. I am trying to decide between this and Capt. Alan's 3 island snorkeling tirp. Any info would be appreciated.

We did the Lord Sheffield before RCL purchased the excursion. Ours was a sunset sail along the coast.

The Lord Sheffield is an older sloop, roughly 40 ft. in length, that might be a bit difficult to snorkel from if you are mobility challenged. In general, I love St. Maarten but it is not the best island to snorkel on. I would think if you want to take your kids there are probably better places on your cruise.

They did make a decent bbq lunch and have bathroom facilities although they are certainly nothing to write home about. Last summer I heard that the ship ran aground and was drydocked for a period of time. It has since been repaired.

Hope this helps.

Archived