Creole Tours

MNFreeze

Yes!! We went with them last week....it was one of the best days of our cruise! :D Do it! It was fabulous, and the lunch was delicious. The setting was beautiful....the snorkling was great....it was such a beautiful day! Glen & Mario were a great team.

(have i convinced you?)

It is 1 hr fast boat ride across the Caribbean & Atlantic, but I loved that too.

I booked with them for our March trip since it all sounds so wonderful.

Question for you - what was the star fish garden like? did you see lots of them?

When snorkling did you see lots of fish and anything else?

Thanks

Star fish garden was really cool....yes - lots of starfish everywhere. It's a grass bottom that they sit in, and the water wasn't very deep, so you could dive down, and pick them up to take photos. Just return them right side up, back on the sea floor. The star fish are the 2nd snorkling stop after you have lunch.

IMG_2731.jpg.a89bf487554d890eb6c8cc1e07a3c0cc.jpg

We dropped Mario off on the island to prepare lunch, and then went around the other side for snorkling. The current was quite strong, but saw lots of fish. i chased a stingray - had to work hard - to get a photo. Didn't want to get to close to him that's for sure....will have to develop those pics yet.

It was a fantastic day...kinda surreal, it was so beautiful.

IMG_2709.jpg.e8262167e3b5e5e3b02a30c6e1a71a74.jpg

the setting under the trees for lunch

IMG_2702.jpg.90b74e8d2777523ebcd40d72bf530a26.jpg

delicious grilled lobster

IMG_2699.jpg.a71bad96f8820e4200fc540f0582138f.jpg

the bay we are in for lunch

• 2 weeks later...

My family (myself, DH, DS - 12, DD - 7) had the best day with Glen and Mario in mid-January. We loved the snorkeling, food, tour of the island, and starfish. Glen and Mario were excellent with my children and they always seemed to have a watchful eye on them. This was one of the highlights of our cruise and we will definitely book again with them in the future. :):):):)

Our stop in Antigua will not be long enough to do the all day tour with lobster lunch. A group of us from our roll-call are doing a private 3hr afternoon snorkeling tour. I'm really looking forward to this trip and will report back after. They did require CC numbers to book but did not put a deposit through. We will be charged on the day of and can pay cash at the time if we prefer.

this tour is definately catching my interest. We know nothing about Antigua, but we do want to do something memorable. Our time is 7A to 6P in port .. is this enough time to do the day trip, including the lobster lunch? I am thrilled about the starfish area, wow.

What is the price point for this fun trip?

this tour is definately catching my interest. We know nothing about Antigua, but we do want to do something memorable. Our time is 7A to 6P in port .. is this enough time to do the day trip, including the lobster lunch? I am thrilled about the starfish area, wow.

What is the price point for this fun trip?

The all day tour is $120 USD including lunch and drinks (;)Rum punch, beer or soft drinks). Our afternoon snorkel is $50/pp.

All day tour is 9 -3 and you need to be there by 8h45. Normal half day snorkel is 9-12. We booked a private one on our roll-call from 2-5

We are booked with Creole for our upcoming March cruise and I think it sounds fun and the people are really nice to talk to. Is it pricey per person - Yea I kind of think so but I believe it will be a lot fun... I will let you know when we get back (beginning of April) what we thought of it.

We are booked for the lobster lunch cruise in March and can't wait. I thought the price was very resonable considering you are getting a lobster lunch and alcoholic drinks are included. It's like a little all inclusive cruise AWESOME! Can't wait to meet Capt. Glenn and his 1st mate.

Question. The star fish garden - is it deep water or can you stand up in it?

You can stand up in the water!! I have to agree with the other cruisers....Capt. Glenn and Mario are awesome!! It was the highlight of our cruise this past September!!! Mario prepared lunch and it was mouthwatering!!! I wish there were more cruises that go to Antigua....p.s....ask Capt. Glenn to show you Oprah's huge house on the ocean!

My daughter is so excited about the star fish garden so that is great that you can stand up in the water... will make it more enjoyable.

I know can not wait to be eat lobster on the beach in the warm sun. It was 3 degrees here this morning. Only 24 days now till we leave......yeaaaaaaa

We were booked on the Creole Lobster cruise in Antigua last week. Unfortunately, it was a rough day on the ocean, and they didn't want to take the small boat out. Although I found it understandable, I was disappointed as I was looking forward to the trip but also didn't really know enough about the island to take advantage of a backup plan.

We ended up getting a taxi driver to take us around, which was fun. But I did wish I'd had a backup plan in advance before hand.

This tour sounds amazing but my concern is that I don't think it takes you to see Antigua. For example, you don't see the Nelson's dockyard, Shirley Heights, Devil's Bridge etc. I have read that these spots are must sees. Is it true that Creole cruises doesn't take you to see any of these? I want to snorkle when I am in Antigua but also want to see the island. Does creole cruises really accomplish that?

It's true you don't see various sights on the island, but that's just a decision you make at each stop.

For us, this cruise was about sun, sand and enjoying that beautiful turquoise caribbean sea. Knowing that winter was still at it's coldest when we returned home was reason enough not to tour another rain forest or island in a covered vehicle. We spent everyday in or on the water, and it was fantastic...one of our best cruises.

I don't know what's at Nelson's Dockyard and that's ok with me! :D

We just returned from the Serenade of the Seas last night and did do the Creole Lobster Lunch tour. It was the highlight of our cruise to say the least. Glenn and Mario do an amazing job.

On previous cruises we have done 3 private sailboat excursions in St. Thomas and we did Shasa Catamaran in Barbadoes this time and the six of us all agree that Creole Cruises has been the BEST caribbean experience we have ever had. It was the most expensive at 120.00 US each, but it was worth every penny! The weather was rainy when we started our day in Antigua but it cleared up by the time we reached our first snorkel destination. The water was rough but you could still snorkel and we did see turtles, stingrays and all the other sealife one expects. The starfish area was amazing. You don't even have to get out of the boat in order to see all of the starfish.

The lobster lunch....there are no words to describe the taste! Creole had a lot of expectations to meet and they met them all! We would definitely do this excursion again.:D

Our MSC cruise arrived 3 hours late in Antigua. We had booked an afternoon snorkel tour with Creole Cruises. I was a bit worried as they were not there when we got off the ship and I had given my CC number to guarantee our places. We knew there would be no snorkel trip at 5pm.

I didn't want to get stuck with $150.00 charge (for 3)

Here is the response I got:

Hi Monica

I agree with your statement about the rough seas, because we were out in the

morning for a Lobster lunch cruise to the east coast and it was fine.

Of course, you will not be charged, our policy is not to charge if the

cruise ship arrives late and guests miss our boat- in your case we even knew

in advance.

I am very sorry we could not get to meet you and your group and we hope to

welcome you onboard Creole Cruises for a full day cruise in the very near

future.

Kind regards

Katja

This is good news to me and a sign of a good reputable tour operator. I look forward to doing trip on another stop in Antigua

• 3 weeks later...

After reading other great reviews online, my husband and I booked this excursion for our day in Antigua on Tuesday, March 24th, and were not disappointed in the least!

Captain Glen and his first mate Omari (sp?) were truly gracious, knowledgeable, entertaining hosts. After a ride around part of the coast of mainland Antigua and a stop to snorkel (where my husband and I saw amazing fish, coral, and even a five-foot barracuda!), we stopped at a picturesque island, one of the National Park Islands of Antigua. We were there treated to an incredible lunch of grilled lobster, salad, potato salad (which was to die for!), pasta salad, and garlic bread. For dessert, we had delicious coconut macaroons.

After lunch, we embarked to the top of the island, from which one can see both the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea and surrounding islands. The views were truly breathtaking; some of our favorite pictures from our entire cruise were from atop this island.

After relaxing some, we boated to our second snorkeling site, the Starfish Gardens, where we saw and were able to hold what seemed like hundreds of starfish. What a treat!

All in all, the day was fantastic and worth every penny, plus more! There were only about ten other people with us on this excursion, so the setting was very intimate, as opposed to some of the boating excursions we saw fellow cruisers taking. Therefore, we were truly given royal treatment, plus extra time to talk with Glen and Omari. My husband and I hope we’ll be seeing them again some day! :)

Archived