Vancouver: Sutton Place, Pan Pacific or Westin Bayshore

littlestars

Which of these would you choose... We are going to need a hotel pre and post cruise for one night and would be looking for a hotel with a lovely view and close to some places where we could eat at a reasonable price. We will have our kids (under 10) and my parents with us. Any help greatfully recieved :D

Which of these would you choose... We are going to need a hotel pre and post cruise for one night and would be looking for a hotel with a lovely view and close to some places where we could eat at a reasonable price. We will have our kids (under 10) and my parents with us. Any help greatfully recieved :D

Here would be my choices in order of preference:

Pan Pacific - wonderful hotel right on the water at Canada Place..100% location. High end of the top 5 hotels in the city.

Sutton Place - 7 or so blocks south of Canada Place on Burrard St., good location easy to access every thing in the city and a terrific hotel.

Weston Bayshore: a terrific hotel to be sure but some distance west of the downtown core, just kind of out of the action. Close to Stanley Park Robson St and nice views of the Coal Harbour yacht basin.

At the end of the day whichever you choose I am sure you will be happy with.:)

On our recent Alaskan cruise we stayed at the Pan Pacific and absolutely loved it. We were within walking distance to Gastown which has many shops and restaurants. We had a great dinner at a place called Steamworks Brewing Co. just a few blocks from the hotel. And the best part is that the Pan Pacific sits on the Pier and they will pick-up your luggage from your room and deliver it directly to the ship.

:D Barb

P.S. Check-out their online prices and specials, we got a great rate that way. Don't bother with the cruise special package because they take your luggage to the ship even with a regular room rate.

Thank you! I think having the luggage delivered direct to the ship might swing it for us :)

I have been trying Hotwire and various places for a good deal but the best one I have found is actually here in the UK ~ the price is £129 which equates to $230CAD. (most websites are showing over $300CAD) Do you think I will be able to beat this you learned die hard CC fans ;) :D

I have a great preference for the Sutton Place. We stayed their post-cruise for two nights after our Alaska cruise tour and we thought it was a great hotel...We had two rooms high up with great views...very nicely decorated...

But what we really thought was perfect was the location--corner of Burrard and Robson...Burrard is sort of the "Main Drag" of downtown Vancouver...and Robson is the best restaurant/shopping district...Virtually everything you could want is right out your front door...I do not think there is a better location in all of Vancouver...

Archived