Visiting Amalfi Coast By Ferry.

Would like to know if many cruise passengers travel to the Amalfi Coast, by Ferry, from Naples, with just one day in the Port, is this a sensible thing to do, is there sufficient time to enjoy this trip.? Is the Ferry system reliable and efficient, operating a good timetable.?

One suggested service is not operating at present, saying operation suspended, perhaps for winter.? Appreciate any assistance on this subject.Thank You.

Well, all I can tell you is our experience with the ferries.

First of all the "Amalfi coast" is more than one place....are you trying to hop between Amalfi, Positano, Sorrento, Naples etc etc..... (altho all of these are not considered "AC")

We took the ferry FROM Sorrento back to Naples after a private tour day with a driver. We DID NOT use the hydrofoil (late Nov.) but rather the local ferry. Our group of 8 were the only "tourists" onboard as the rest were locals going home from work. I believe these run more often and more reliably as the locals depend on them to get back and forth.

I would suggest to get a good map of the area (online) - figure out where you want to go and what you want to do/see and then figure out if it is do-able.

I do have a reasonably good idea of the area, we have been there, and on the Sorrento/Capri ferry, it is from Naples, which we havent visited, to the furtherest destination of Amalfi, we wish to travel,returning back to Naples , comfortably, on a day trip. Thank you, Travel 09.

Archived