What to do with your belongings when you're swimming in Labadee or at any port?

catbaba20

Hi Guys, I will be heading off on my first cruise in June. Going on RCL Liberty of the seas. Our first stop is Labadee and it will just be me and my boyfriend. I was wondering whwt we do with our personal belongings if we both want to go in swimming? I guess we will have a camera, our passports, some cash and our sea pass card with us. The question kind of applies for all stops and for when we are on water based shore exursions. What do you do with your stuff!!!???Should I buy some sort of waterproof bag and bring them in the water with me?

Hi there!

My husband and I take two 'aquapacs' with us.

(http://www.waterproofcases.net/waterproof-wallets-and-pouches-aquapac-water-proof-pouches.html)

I usually put our passports in plastic ziplock bags, and then into the water pouches. Money and our travel clock, etc. all just goes directly into the pouch and we've never had a problem.

I'm from Canada and I got ours at a AAA store.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there!

My husband and I take two 'aquapacs' with us.

(http://www.waterproofcases.net/waterproof-wallets-and-pouches-aquapac-water-proof-pouches.html)

I usually put our passports in plastic ziplock bags, and then into the water pouches. Money and our travel clock, etc. all just goes directly into the pouch and we've never had a problem.

I'm from Canada and I got ours at a AAA store.

Good luck!

Do you need to bring your passports with you when you get off the ship at Labadee? This seems like something I would rather keep tucked away in my room safe.

I didn't and wouldn't take my passport ashore in Labadee or Half Moon Cay since they are private areas and photo id is not required to get back aboard.

There are lockers on Labadee, but getting one can be a challenge.

In Labadee I used an aquapak for my cash and SeaPass card, but left my camera buried in the bottom of my beach bag while I swam & snorkeled. I made a point of leaving my bag on a towel set up near a number of other people. Did much the same thing in Half Moon Cay. Not the safest thing to do but I was willing to live with the loss if it happened.

You do not need your passports in Labadee. Also you do not need to much money because food is included, you pay for drinks with your sea pass, and the only shopping is a market area and is fairly inexpensive. We left are stuff tucked away in our bag by the chairs. We pretty much figured everyone there was from the ship and wouldn't mess with our stuff. It was so hot there we spent 90% of our time in the water and didn't have a problem.

I was at Labadee in July. The Lockers are right by the waverunner and parasailing office. They work great. I think it was about 4 dollars, and you get a magnetic watersafe wristband. You just put it up to the locker and it opens! When you get off the tender, its near the beach to the right. I bet there are others though!

Also, I would HIGHLY recomend the waverunner tour, though it was a bit expensive, it was amazing! Its very cool zipping around and being so close to the massive ship. Just like the cover of the old RCI Brouchure!

• 3 weeks later...

We usually carry a minimum of items when going to the beach...and they are all in a pvc duffle backpack we bought on vacay in tulum.

Suntan stuff...clean t-shirt etc..

we do bring a camera, but since we use waterproof disposable cameras, I guess i have never worried about them in the bag...and, usually they go into the water with us!

This year we have the flip video and waterproof case...again, it will probably be in the water with us.

In our experiences, we usually end up talking to and making friends with the people sitting around us....a quick, "hey, can you look after my chair while I swim a bit" makes us feel relatively secure....but, again, we have almost nothing worth stealing with us.

I would never ever bring my expensive camera to the beach, or more than 15-20 dollars either!!

Archived