Warm water

gijanemom

We will be cruising to Freeport and Nassau on March 15. I was just wondering if some of the veterans here could clue me in to how warm the water at the beach will be. Thanks for any info. I have some friends who just returned from the same trip and they said the water temp at Atlantis and at the beach were so cold they did not even go in....what a waste!

From: http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/NassauBahamas.htm

"Nassau enjoys a subtropical climate with mild winters, seldom dipping below 60°F. Average temperatures range in the low to upper 80’s; with water temperature never below 72°. With that said, however, just like Florida, these are averages and during winter months be prepared for an occasional cold front to cause drastic temperature drops."

It will feel chilly to most...but it is doable. I find it refreshing...but as a New Englander, 72 is about the best water temp we get in summer. :)

We will be cruising to Freeport and Nassau on March 15. I was just wondering if some of the veterans here could clue me in to how warm the water at the beach will be. Thanks for any info. I have some friends who just returned from the same trip and they said the water temp at Atlantis and at the beach were so cold they did not even go in....what a waste!

I have cruised during that season and in my opinion the water is too cold to enjoy that far north without a wet suit.

Archived