Most travelled Princess passenger you've heard of

efinder

In the past passenger cocktail parties they always announce the number of days of the top 3 most travelled passengers. What's the most you've heard of on Princess?

Last cruise I was on the top person onboard had 1045 cruise days. What's the highest number you've heard?

Lorraine Arnse (sp) on the Royal right now has over 5000.
Right. Lorraine Artz lived on the old Royal Princess for years, moved to the Sea Princess when the Royal was transferred to P&O, and moved to the new Royal Princess a couple of years ago (she is the Royal's "godmother.") She leaves the ship every now and then to visit family but other than that, lives on the ship.

Lorraine Arnst (sp) on the Royal right now has over 5000.

I have always heard about Lorraine, and while reading the entire Live thread last night from the World cruise that is going on right now, I was thrilled to finally see a picture of Lorraine. I even watched the youtube clip that was posted. I can't believe she is in her 80's. What a woman!

I love her zest for life!:D

Capt'. Steubing's Daughter!

She was there , what 4-5 years straight?

Lorraine still has her beat......5 years is only 1825 days.

We met Lorraine and her husband (now deceased) on our Dawn Princess Mediterranean Cruise (the old Dawn) in 1989. She and her husband loved to dance on the rear lounge dance floor. They had a 2 person dining table next to ours.

Mrs. Arzt actually removes herself from the "most traveled" awards on the cruises she is on, but they usually introduce at the Captain's Circle party.

As for other, non-Arst accomplishments, on our most recent Emerald cruise (a standard 10 night Caribbean cruise) the highest was over 800 days. In fact, a lunch time table mate was a bit miffed he came in 4th...with 715 days.

Our last cruise the couple that won had over 9,000 days. They live on the ships as I have seen them on other cruises I have been on. They win every time and take the prizes too. They don't withdraw the Ms. Arzt does. They like the attention.

Our last cruise the couple that won had over 9,000 days. They live on the ships as I have seen them on other cruises I have been on. They win every time and take the prizes too. They don't withdraw the Ms. Arzt does. They like the attention.

9000 DAYS? That is over 24 years of being onboard Princess ships? You sure about that figure?

I think 9000 days is a mistake. I remember Princess putting out a press release when Lorraine Artz hit 4000. It said she ws the mos traveled. Also, in 2007, on the Royal Princess, they introduced her as the most traveled at the Captain's Circle party.

Geez I hope they own their room or the ship. It is mind boggling how expensive that must be.

I know that people have done some type of accounting to see if it was cheaper to live on the ship (as long as you don't play Bingo every day) than to live on land. I guess if you factor in home costs, meals, vehicles and their cost, etc. it might be and interesting comparison. It is taking "downsizing" to a new level.

Well I haven't traveled Princess yet, but HAL does the same thing. They also ask who has sailed the earliest. There was a person on my last HAL sailing who took his first HAL trip in 1927. He was a young kid at the time and his parents took him on HAL while sailing to Europe.

Even the cruise director was shocked at this as he had never experienced someone who had first sailed that long ago.

I guess the woman we met on the CB last year who had just over 500 days is a mere rookie LOL. I was impressed, considering she was barely into her 40's. She joined our trivia team one night, and we cleaned up LOL.

I wonder what kind of special deal they give Lorraine?

Lorraine is an anomaly. Many years ago it was said that she and her husband owned the land in Santa Clarita where Princess headquarters are located. Fact, or fiction? :confused:

Lorraine is an anomaly. Many years ago it was said that she and her husband owned the land in Santa Clarita where Princess headquarters are located. Fact, or fiction? :confused:

The 81-year-old Ms. Artz began cruising with her late husband, Joachim, in

the early 1970s aboard P&O Cruises' Spirit of London, which later became

the original Sun Princess. Professional dancers who later became successful

in real estate, the couple spent 17 years aboard the original Royal Princess.

After the sale of that ship, Ms. Artz sailed aboard Sea Princess until the

recent debut of the Royal Princess.

Well I haven't traveled Princess yet, but HAL does the same thing. They also ask who has sailed the earliest. There was a person on my last HAL sailing who took his first HAL trip in 1927. He was a young kid at the time and his parents took him on HAL while sailing to Europe.

Even the cruise director was shocked at this as he had never experienced someone who had first sailed that long ago.

On our third HAL cruise, way back in 1973, we met an old man who first "cruised" HAL in about 1912. It wasn't really a cruise. He was an immigrant with his parents in third class coming to America.

Two years ago on the Island Princess a couple was introduced with over 2,000 sea days. They had over 100 cruises to their credit. I served in the Navy four years, two of which were aboard an aircraft carrier. I didn't come close to 1,000 sea days!!!

Archived