Bus Transportation Cancelled To/From NY

madelinerose

[quote name='oiseau']I heard from my TA and she said the latest is -as of Jan 5,2005 all bus programs will be terminated with no future date to re-start. DolfinMusic- may see you on the trip to NYC on Feb.10--is that when you are on the Dawn?[/QUOTE]

Hi! No - I have to wait until next October!!! So far away!!! Have a great time though!!! You don't have too much of a wait!

Terri

• 2 weeks later...
I just peeked at the website and it says valid through January 20, 2005 so perhaps they are running it to accomodate those people who had already booked during that time. I looked at the Miami listing and there is no indication of a cut-off date for that port.

[u][size=3]Anyone taking the bus from Boston to NYC on January 30, 2005?[/size][/u]
[u][size=3]The NCL Bus [/size][/u]

:confused: We are on the Dawn on January 3oth from NYC. I just received my package of information. Included are bus tickets from Boston to NYC and tickets for NYC to Boston.
The bus must be on because if there was no scheduled bus then why would they send me bus tickets.
If I get to Boston and wait for a bus that does not exist I would miss the cruise!:confused:
Should I be concerned?

[img]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon5.gif[/img] [b]Bus from Boston[/b]
[u][size=3]Anyone taking the bus from Boston to NYC on January 30, 2005?[/size][/u]

:confused: We are on the Dawn on January 3oth from NYC. I just received my package of information. Included are bus tickets from Boston to NYC and tickets for NYC to Boston.
The bus must be on because if there was no scheduled bus then why would they send me bus tickets.
If I get to Boston and wait for a bus that does not exist I would miss the cruise!:confused:
Should I be concerned?

[quote name='arldicmcki']Join Date: Dec 2004

[img]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon5.gif[/img] [b]Bus from Boston[/b]

Should I be concerned?[/QUOTE]

I have reservations for the bus from Boston to NY on 01/30 also. I called
1-305-436-4000 ext. 4753 (NCL land services) today and the woman told me that the bus is running from Boston to NY on 01/30 and the time of departure will be 7am. She said that the NCL website was going to be updated with this information. After calling NCL several times and getting several different answers, I am a little more reassured to get the response I got today! I suggest you call and see what they tell you. See you on the bus hopefully!!

arldicmcki,

Come join our 1/30/05 roll call!!

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44633[/url]

[quote name='btown']I have reservations for the bus from Boston to NY on 01/30 also. I called
1-305-436-4000 ext. 4753 (NCL land services) today and the woman told me that the bus is running from Boston to NY on 01/30 and the time of departure will be 7am. She said that the NCL website was going to be updated with this information. After calling NCL several times and getting several different answers, I am a little more reassured to get the response I got today! I suggest you call and see what they tell you. See you on the bus hopefully!!

arldicmcki,

Come join our 1/30/05 roll call!!

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44633[/url]
__________________[/QUOTE]

I just confirmed our bus trip on 12/9 with Academy, (201) 420-7000 x2231, and the rep I spoke with indicated the New England runs, and I think she mentioned some North of NYC, appeared to be safe for future cruisers.

I tried to buy tickets today for the New Haven bus to New York (Dawn, 12/19). First one rep at NCL told me definitiely the bus was cancelled. When I called back a couple of hours later another rep told me the bus was running but I could only buy tickets from my TA. The TA called NCL and was told there is no bus from New Haven - only special charters that are not available to the public...

At NCL, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing...

[quote name='Kalos Orisate']I tried to buy tickets today for the New Haven bus to New York (Dawn, 12/19). First one rep at NCL told me definitiely the bus was cancelled. When I called back a couple of hours later another rep told me the bus was running but I could only buy tickets from my TA. The TA called NCL and was told there is no bus from New Haven - only special charters that are not available to the public...

At NCL, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing...[/QUOTE]

Try Academy Bus Co., as they have the most to gain or lose on this matter. They should be able to look into the problem and let you know what is happening. See prior post for phone number.

As for purchasing through TA, that is apparently thier standard procedure, as I found out the hard way. I booked through NCL, and had problems getting confirmation and transfer vouchers.

I sent an email to NCL President and was personally called my a NCL Representative yesterday informing me the bus was now back on for Harrisburg to New York City. I can't tell you how impressed that someone personally called me. He personally made sure that our 5 reservations were corrected and that we had the reservations on the bus. He then told me that I could have my TA call him to verify this information. My TA just called me back and confirmed that the bus was back on for our cruise 2/10/04 Norwegian Dawn.

I am not impressed with NCL lately. Too much inconsistancy with the information given out when I call. If it was inconsistant for a day or a week or so I could understand because the information does not always get out to everyone as it should. But I have been inquiring for a quite a while and every time I call I get a different answer. That is no exageration. Oh well. Looking forward to the cruise!!

I certainly understand what you mean. My In-Laws only cruised with Celebrity. My husband and I cruised with NCL many years ago and loved it. We finally talk the family into cruising with NCL and won them over with the itinerary. Then the last few weeks with all the uncertainty of Tortola and the cancellation of our excursions at Tortola and then the bus....it was frustrating. I have to say that I was impressed with the personal phone call....I did not expect that.

Archived