Sanford transfer

gijanemom

We are flying into Sanford airport and have arranged to pick up a rental at the airport on the way in, we will be dropping it in Cocoa. Our problem is getting back to Sanford after debarkation. Does anyone have any experience or advice on this one. It is about a 60 mile trip one way. Thanks for any help!

We are flying into Sanford airport and have arranged to pick up a rental at the airport on the way in, we will be dropping it in Cocoa. Our problem is getting back to Sanford after debarkation. Does anyone have any experience or advice on this one. It is about a 60 mile trip one way. Thanks for any help!

The cheapest/easiest way would be to rent a car again. There are several car rental agencies near the port. If you go to the Fl departures board, I work in Pt Canaveral, Page 252 you will get a lot of info regarding car rentals etc. I don't know if there is a drop charge for using Sanford. Usually, most people fly into Orlando (MCO) and there isn't a drop charge from the port for that except for Thrifty, I think.

Thank you. We have family in Cococa who we will be visiting for two days before we embark, but there are six of us me, fiance and 4 kids, so not too sure if their vehicles will accomodate us, hate to ask someone to drive all that way anyhow! We are getting married on this cruise, and no one in our families know!!! We are so excited!

You'll want to rent a car with that crew. I LOVE the Sanford airport (no crowds) but it's off the beaten path for mass transit, which Florida lacks in general. I love the Sanford airport but I live 15 minutes away so transport is super easy.

In any case, if you work your car deals right, it will be cheaper to rent a car for the day than to take a taxi or pay parking for the week.

but let's keep it a secret. Rent a car both ways just when you pick it up at the Sanford-Orlando International airport ask them if they have a counterpart in Port Canaveral. Go east on hwy #46 to I-95 south to 528 east to Pt. Canaveral.

Archived