I Received My Compass Rewards

Whippets

Today we got in the mail from BOA a Compass Rewards Certificate for 100 points which said One Category Upgrade. They said it was our final compass reward balance as of 12-31-2008. The problem is we had at least one $ 500.00 certificate that we expected to get and also 2 $ 100.00 certificates. Now my husband is on the phone with BOA. Anyone else not get the certificates they thought they would get? Please advise.

Same deal - even though I had 1510 points on my December statement, what I got today was one 100 point upgrade certificate, no 3 x $500 certificates! In a way, glad to see I'm not the only one, just want to get this resolved so I can drop them like a stone.

Stillfloatin, that is correct. I already had my 1000 points for the year and I quit using the card when they announced that they were discontinuing the NCL program. I already had another card with World Points and have enough now for another $1000. off a cruise. That program doesn't hold a candle to the NCL BOA card though.

I hope everyone can get the proper amount of credit due to them. I'm certain BOA has lost plenty of business by closing this program.

I'm certain BOA has lost plenty of business by closing this program.

Well, we were gonna start using an Airlines card that almost never comes out of my wallet. I took it out a couple weeks ago and---STUPID THING IS ANOTHER BoA CARD!!!

Stillfloatin, that is correct. I already had my 1000 points for the year and I quit using the card when they announced that they were discontinuing the NCL program. I already had another card with World Points and have enough now for another $1000. off a cruise. That program doesn't hold a candle to the NCL BOA card though.

I hope everyone can get the proper amount of credit due to them. I'm certain BOA has lost plenty of business by closing this program.

Thank you for confirming the reason some are getting correct certs but most are not. I suspect some careless programmer put in the incorrect code and now it's going to be a heck of a mess for BOA to straighten out. And yes, I suspect they will lose a lot of business. As soon as I finally get the correct certs, I'll be calling to cancel my card. I am appalled at the mess they've made and their unresponsiveness to it.

Certs came today. I had two cards, one had a bit over $500 in Compass points and the other just over $1000. Got two envelopes , one with a $500 and a 100 point upgrade (worthless) and the other with two $500 certificates and another worthless 100 point upgrade. All's well that ends well. We bid bon voyage to a wonderful program.

My certificates didn't arrive yet so there's a chance they'll be right--but I doubt it. When I checked the rewards area on my on-line account summary I saw it was wrong and called to advise them--this was last week. The two women I talked to were very nice and agreed on what my totals should be and what certificates I earned, but basically said to wait because "they must be adjusting them manually." My account reflected the exact issues that are being described here with activity after the December closing and not including the points earned til 12/31. It is especially frustrating that many people have reported calling and advising BOA of this error and they didn't act on it and correct their error. I think they will eventually give us all what we earned---but now we have to PROVE it to them that we earned them. Shame they didn't investigate when so many have reported calling in to alert them--it would have saved a lot of time and aggrevation on both sides! Good luck everyone---hopefully I'll be back tomorrow to say I got my correct certificates and I spoke in haste!!!

Wow. After reading these posts, I'm glad that I requested and received my $500 certificate back in November when I heard the program was ending. Today, I got my two (useless) $100 upgrade certificates. So BOA and I are all settled. :cool:

CG

I am so mad. I received 5 worthless upgrade certificates for my 500 points instead of the $500 CR certificate.

If you read the NCL CR distribution table those with 500 points and less will get 5 upgrade certificates. It also states that the 5 upgrade certs cannot be combined or exchanged for a $500 cert!!! Well I plan to complain to NCL. If no resolution, my final act will be canceling my NCL reservation. I have already canceled my BofA card.

Anyone else in the same situation? Can anyone offer advise?

Looks like I'll have 4. Is it impossible to use 2 for each person to get a 2 cat. upgrade. LOL How pitiful. It's worth $100, but they give you a $10-15 upgrade?

I don't get it.... How do they work the upgrades? Do they give you a better cabin for x amount, or do they give you money back? I've never tried to use one. Do they specify that they can't be used on a cruise for which you also use a $500 cert?

I don't get it.... How do they work the upgrades? Do they give you a better cabin for x amount, or do they give you money back? I've never tried to use one. Do they specify that they can't be used on a cruise for which you also use a $500 cert?

I'm not sure anyone here can answer that question, because none of us ever received the worthless upgrade certificates until now! :rolleyes:

I got the correct five $500 certificates and one useless upgrade for the card I stopped using in Oct. The card I used up to Dec. 31st- nothing was received. I bet I will receive four useless certificates as I will likely book on other cruiselines if the price is right.

Perhaps those that received the correct certificates, didn't have any purchases from their normal closing date in December to December 31?

I didn't use the card for Dec. purchases so that's not it. I think for me I got the $500 for one card - so maybe I'm just waiting for my second card to arrive? That one had 2 $500. Who knows. It would sure make it easier on them (and us) if they sent everything together......

Wow 3 of them....you're going to be Cruising for free huh! ;)

Not exactly and it always cost more on most cruises...One thing that really stuck in my "craw" though, I always did all my business and personal with the card, the only thing I ever had to pay "extra" for was our personal property taxes, our gov't charged 3% for using the card:mad:, I guess some of the state legislators (they own the site), will have to do without thier "perks" also, huh?

Oh well, on to bigger and better things!:D

We have the lucky ones and the unlucky. Add me to the second category. Got one lousy upgrade certificate for my 860 points. I knew this wasn't going to go smoothly! I'll be patient and wait until next week to let BOA have it if there is no correction.

We have the lucky ones and the unlucky. Add me to the second category. Got one lousy upgrade certificate for my 860 points. I knew this wasn't going to go smoothly! I'll be patient and wait until next week to let BOA have it if there is no correction.

RSVE (and others waiting),

I am not holding my breath for an automatic correction to the incorrect point calculation. I too have a problem on the order of them being off by 875 points! All the c/s reps could tell me is the send them a complete story in writing (including my dec statement with the 894 points, and the jan statement showing charges made from dec closing date through dec 31, a copy of the letter, a copy of the certificates sent, etc).

I think someone above had it right - if this is widespread, class action may be the way to resolve (but I'm writing my letter to them today nonetheless). I wonder how many others didn't get the right amount but didn't really look carefully into it? In these cases, Bank of America is getting away with not giving out the proper rewards per their terms of service.

Bank of America should, to resolve this, recalculate everyone's points and reissue certificates. Making people be proactive and write to them (if the problem is as widespread as it seems to be) just seems wrong to me, especially with the wait time of 4 to 6 weeks for resolution.

Just my 2 cents - worth what ya paid for it!

What are Compass Rewards? Are they earned from opening a credit card?? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Compass Rewards used to be NCL's fantastic credit card program where you earned certificates for $$$$ off of cruises. They have now discontinued the program and are sending final certificates out which is what is being discussed on this thread.

CG

I am so mad. I received 5 worthless upgrade certificates for my 500 points instead of the $500 CR certificate.

If you read the NCL CR distribution table those with 500 points and less will get 5 upgrade certificates. It also states that the 5 upgrade certs cannot be combined or exchanged for a $500 cert!!! Well I plan to complain to NCL. If no resolution, my final act will be canceling my NCL reservation. I have already canceled my BofA card.

Thats amazing. Some here are saying that NCL should not share the blame for this mess, but I'm sure they were involved in formulation of that redemption table. What a ripoff!

Whoa, wait a minute. How can they do this???????? If you have $500 points you should have a choice as to whether you want the upgrade certificates or the $500 certificate. Why are they sending those 5 upgrades?

This is just plain wrong. Did you know about this prior to now? If so, I'm sorry you didn't request to have the $500 certificate sent to you prior to this mass distribution of certificates.

Good luck...I'd be furious too.

CG

Bank of America should, to resolve this, recalculate everyone's points and reissue certificates. Making people be proactive and write to them (if the problem is as widespread as it seems to be) just seems wrong to me, especially with the wait time of 4 to 6 weeks for resolution.

I couldn't agree more! BOA made the mess, they need to fix it. It's bad enough we have to wait for them to make it right, but making us take our time to make copies and write to them to get it fixed is just adding insult to injury. BOA SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS.:mad::mad::mad:

I couldn't agree more! BOA made the mess' date=' they need to fix it. It's bad enough we have to wait for them to make it right, but making us take our time to make copies and write to them to get it fixed is just adding insult to injury. BOA SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS.:mad::mad::mad:[/quote']

I guess I am a little perplexed on why I (we) have to do BOA's job for them: they already have copies of our Dec and Jan bills , a list of who is (was) enrolled in the program, and hopefully a program that states the amount of certificates they have sent out to everyone.

Is BOA going to pay me for doing their rep's job? I think I will do their job for a free $500.00 certificate. ;)

Just got my certificates in the mail and it said that i only had 155 points so they only sent me 2 100points upgrade certificates.

On my December 12/17/2008 statement it showed i had 354 points accumulated. And I continued using my card to add up to the 500 points, which in fact i went over the amount to make sure there was no problem later.

They did not included my 354 points from my december statement in there, to total up to 509 points so i would have gotten the $500 dollar certificate.

So now what? Do we wait or call?

Archived