I Received My Compass Rewards

Whippets

I received my certificates today, and they are right. I had 1050 points, and received 2 $500. certificates, and 1 $100. upgrade certificate. I have had the points at 1050 since my october statement, and have not used the card since then. Maybe since I had the same points for the last couple months, it was easy for them to send me the right certificates. I hope everyone else can get them straightened out and get what they deserve. Seems most of the mistakes are in the month of december, from whe they billing cycle ended, and the end of the year, for the credit of points for those purchases. Good luck to everyone!

Mine is WRONG.

Here is the correct info

Available points as of Dec closing date: 1,166

Available points as of Dec 31, 2008: 1,182

Here's what they said in my letter from BOA accompanying my final certificate distribution:

"Final Compass Reward balance as of 12-31-2008: 1 point"

I called and after first denying that they do anything with the issuance of reward certificates (I explained that they did indeed and that the letter I just received with my final certificates had a return address of Bank of America) she researched what to do and gave me the address

NCL Compass Rewards Resolution

NC1-022-17-10

201 N. Tyron St

Charlotte NC 28255

This is not an NCL address as someone on page 1 thought. It is Bank of America. Interesing how they have left their name off this department that they created. How did they know that there would be a need for such a department?

My December closing statement was 12/4. Prior to 12/31 I charged enough to take me over 1,000 points. In mid January I called BOA and reviewed with a nice lady working on a Saturday what the points should total. After a few minutes she found the correct amount which was 1,075.

After opening my letter today...it was CORRECT. Two five hundred certicates and one upgrade certificate. I praised Jesus and immediately logged on to report here. As a previous poster stated, they do not look the same as previous ones...they are on white paper all on the same sheet.

I will pray that all the incorrect ones will be corrected. Although I am happy to not copy, call, write, submit, wait, etc. I am interested in following your updates. I still have faith that what BOA messed up, NCL will do their best to assist and to help resolve (as TVLady just shared an NCL response to her).

coka

You were lucky coka! My closing date was Dec. 3rd and my dec. statement said I had 435 points. I picked up the phone and called NCL on Dec. 3 and charged another $1700 toward my Dawn cruise and guess what, I only received 17 points for that purchase, I should have gotten 51 more to make 503! Looks like I received the 1% bonus points but no 3% monthly points.

$1700 x 4%= 68 points, right?

I hope your right and NCL resolves this.

Time will tell.:(

Everyone call the NCL latitudes desk. I just did and was told they are getting bombarded with these calls.

I was told to hold off sending a disputing letter and making copies of my statements.

They are going to handle this in a different way. They will call me back in 5 days.

I had to give him my name, phone #, points missing, last 4 digits of my CC and my reservation # on my next NCL cruise.

Good luck everyone!:):mad::confused::eek:

Thank you for the awesome tip!

Apparently Latitudes has been beseiged by calls on this issue and are now handling this matter differently than the earlier response that they and BOA were giving (involving writing the resolution center in Charlotte).

I, too, was screwed (didn't even get dinner or flowers) out of 101 points... which would cost me a $500 cash certificate...

So.. bottom line.. call the latitudes line and give them your details and you will get on a list to be contacted by phone by a manager who is handling this debacle!

Good luck everyone, and BE PERSISTENT! :)

Hello cruisers. I received a Certificate today for 100 points. WRONG! I had over 500 points by the end of Dec. Had been told the point count ended Dec. 31. Called BOA. April said our points were lost when not used by Jan 1! Called NCL who said not to worry as Certificates were still in the mail. Called BOA again now told to write to 'Compassrewards Resolution in NC for reinstatement with copies of my statements. Called an NCL agent who called NCL 'HELP' desk and told the Certificates were in the mail. The agent called someone else who confirmed the Compassrewards were terminated and could not be redeemed any longer. Got a call from the agent this evening saying he would be looking into the delema with higher ups. I'll try the Latittudes line in the morning. I am one unhappy Lattitudes member. Later...Tony

NCL policy states you cannot use both the $500 certificates and the $100 certificates on the same cruise. While that policy makes sense, sort of, when the program was on-going, do you really think it makes sense as the program is coming to a close?

Wouldn't it be a better business practice, in light of the fact that they are pulling the program out from under us, that they make an exception and allow for the certificates in different denominations to be combined? (Ideally, as additional discounts, but at least at a minimum allow for both discounts and upgrades on the same cruise.) Because we have both $500 (3) and $100 (4) certificates, in order to put them to use, we will need to take two cruises within the next two years. I don't think that's going to happen. We don't only cruise for our vacations!

As a sugestion, if you are in this situation, you may want to consider a call to NCL to voice your dissatisfaction with the policy. We made a call this afternoon and politely expressed our displeasure. Believe it or not, I got the impression that they are considering a change in some of their policies as a result of so much dissatisfaction. If they hear from enough of us, this may be one policy that may be changed if enough of us simply band together and voice our displeasure. Numbers really do speak!

We like NCL - We don't like the policy!

Just a thought!

Happy Cruising!

NCL policy states you cannot use both the $500 certificates and the $100 certificates on the same cruise. While that policy makes sense' date=' sort of, when the program was on-going, do you really think it makes sense as the program is coming to a close?

Wouldn't it be a better business practice, in light of the fact that they are pulling the program out from under us, that they make an exception and allow for the certificates in different denominations to be combined? (Ideally, as additional discounts, but at least at a minimum allow for both discounts and upgrades on the same cruise.) Because we have both $500 (3) and $100 (4) certificates, in order to put them to use, we will need to take two cruises within the next two years. I don't think that's going to happen. We don't only cruise for our vacations!

As a sugestion, if you are in this situation, you may want to consider a call to NCL to voice your dissatisfaction with the policy. We made a call this afternoon and politely expressed our displeasure. Believe it or not, I got the impression that they are considering a change in some of their policies as a result of so much dissatisfaction. If they hear from enough of us, this may be one policy that may be changed if enough of us simply band together and voice our displeasure. Numbers really do speak!

We like NCL - We don't like the policy!

Just a thought!

Happy Cruising![/quote']

I'm using 3 $500 & 3 upgrades on my 3-29-09 cruise.You can't combine 100's into 500's but can use both on the same cruise per PCC.

Despite what has been posted to the contrary on the NCL web site's FAQs (at least until recently), I'm concerned that BoA is going to fall back on the paragraph in their original notification letter that reads:

"Transactions made after your December 2008 statement closing date will not earn points towards the Compass Rewards program."

While many of us don't even have the correct balance as reflected on our December closing statements, in our case, if the post-December-statement charges are not counted, it's not going to matter. Four worthless upgrade certificates are of no more value to us than the three we were sent.

IMHO I am in the belief that this is what is going to happen. I do not see BofA coming to our aid. It is in NCL's best interest to keep happy customers rather that losing potenial bookings due to CR short comings. I for one will try to appeal to NCL's business sense rather than BofA. I still have a choice where I spend my vacation dollars. Just my thoughts. Please don't flame me.

Despite what has been posted to the contrary on the NCL web site's FAQs (at least until recently), I'm concerned that BoA is going to fall back on the paragraph in their original notification letter that reads:

"Transactions made after your December 2008 statement closing date will not earn points towards the Compass Rewards program."

While many of us don't even have the correct balance as reflected on our December closing statements, in our case, if the post-December-statement charges are not counted, it's not going to matter. Four worthless upgrade certificates are of no more value to us than the three we were sent.

I've posted this in a couple other threads, but I'll post it here as well.

While I know BOA is trying to take the stance that you couldn't earn points past your December statement date, that is a violation of their own terms and conditions for the card (and even NCL seems to be supporting that you were eligible to earn points through December 31st).

The Compass Rewards Program Rules specifically state (in Section 13 on pages 6 and 7):

Changing the Terms of the Program - FIA Services, N.A. and/or NCL may from time to time change or limit any aspect of the Program; amend the Program Rules, restrictions, benefits or features, in whole or in part; discontinue or replace any Reward with another of lesser, equal or greater value; or modify, delete or terminate any or all of the Program, Rewards, benefits or special features. Changes may affect outstanding transactions and Points, and may include, but are not limited to, the number of Points required to receive Rewards, and the maximum number of Points which may be earned per month or year. In the case of termination of the Program, you may continue earning Points for ninety (90) days from the date notice of termination of the program is mailed. One hundred twenty (120) days from the date notice of termination of the Program is mailed, if your cumulative total of available Points is sufficient to qualify, and you meet all other eligibility requirements described in the Program Rules, then we will send you the appropriate number of Certificates. Each Certificate issued in connection with the termination of the Program will be honored by NCL, Orient, and/or Star for three hundred sixty-five (365) days from its date of issue.
We were all notified in letters dated October 1st. 90 days from October 1st is December 31st.

I think we need to make them stick to their own Program Rules. Use their own Rules against them in your letters and phone calls and DO NOT allow them to try to push through the inability to earn points after your December statement closing date.

We just received the first letter from one of four cards we have.

As of our mid-December statement we had 1,292 points and we spent another $4,000 before the end of December for that card.

So we were expected two $500 and 4 $100 certificates and we received....

Only 1 $100 upgrade certificate and the letter said we had a final balance of 91 points!

Between our 4 cards, we should have 8 $500 certificates coming. Boy, do I have a lot of phones call to make!

We have planned on taking at least 3 cruises and possibly a fourth using these certificates. We have one booked already and were waiting for the certificates to come in to pay it off.

I think we need to make them stick to their own Program Rules. Use their own Rules against them in your letters and phone calls and DO NOT allow them to try to push through the inability to earn points after your December statement closing date.

I agree and I've included this in my letter objecting to our final Compass Reward totals and certificates. Getting the amorphous blob called Bank of America to do recognize this and honor it may not be as straightforward as simplypointing this out to them.

Have not recev'd anything yet, but after reading all the post I'am worried about my 2 $500.00 certs that we want to use on our SA cruise. I had the 1000 pts in Nov. so hope all turns out okay.

Hi Snorklin Barb & Whippets---hope your winter has been okay!!!:D:D

Hi Retired,

I've been reading and following this ordeal.. I have one card that they gave a final point balance of 125 (should have been 1000).

On my other card, I maxed out at 1000 before my december closing date, then earned no points after my dec closing date. My thought is that, it appears they only counted points for certain people after the December closing date (although that doesn't match my 125, but is close). So, if I had 1000 points before my dec closing date and earned nothing between then and Dec 31, perhaps they see that as zero points??!!!

My plan is to give it another day or two and send a dispute resolution email on the card with 1000 points also, since I received nothing... I would suggest that everyone with no certificates keep in mind that it might not be slow mail, it could be that they don't plan on sending you any certificates!

We just received the first letter from one of four cards we have.

As of our mid-December statement we had 1,292 points and we spent another $4,000 before the end of December for that card.

So we were expected two $500 and 4 $100 certificates and we received....

Only 1 $100 upgrade certificate and the letter said we had a final balance of 91 points!

Between our 4 cards, we should have 8 $500 certificates coming. Boy, do I have a lot of phones call to make!

We have planned on taking at least 3 cruises and possibly a fourth using these certificates. We have one booked already and were waiting for the certificates to come in to pay it off.

That's what happened to me too. I was expecting 3 $500 certificates and recieved one crappy upgrade certificate. I was told to sit tight for 7 to 10 business days while BOA straightened out this mess.

Well, BOA sort of got it right for us. We had 638 points at the end of our billing cycle. When the letter arrived in the mail it said we only earned 599 points.

We received one $500 certificate (YEAH!) and one $100. upgrade certificate (all on the same page).

I don't know what happened to the missing 39 points. Oh well, in the grand scheme of things I will consider myself lucky.

What a mess this has turned into for so many of you. I definately think that those of us who received the correct certificates quit using the cards much earlier than December. That theme has played out here with everyone who just received $100 upgrade certificates.

Living in Charlotte with BOA on my doorstep with all of the unrest that is currently underway in the banking industry as well as thousands of lay-offs, I hope that this is solved for each of you. It just isn't right to have a program and mess it up this badly. I know that many of you have booked cruises and were depending on those $500 certificates to help pay for them.

Now to see how Wachovia is going to handle my World Points rewards and to see if I can "mix and match" programs here?

What a mess this has turned into for so many of you. I definately think that those of us who received the correct certificates quit using the cards much earlier than December. That theme has played out here with everyone who just received $100 upgrade certificates.

We used our card up until Dec 29, 2008. Our billing cycle date was Dec 8.

Rec'd my cert. yesterday and they got it right. :) rec'd 2 -500 and 2-100. But my main concern now is that the cert. state that they must be used on booking only....I have a 10/09 hawaii booked and planned on using the 2-500 on it. Has anyone had a problem using them on the balance? Last year I used 2-500 for balance for bermuda and it worked perfectly, but with all the changes i'm afraid....

joanna

I am not sure if I feel GRRRRRR:mad: or BOO HOO:(! Got mine yesterday. 1 upgrade certificate for what they had as 71 points. Have just finished printing December 23 statement showing 990 points, and January statement showing $2459.85 in purchases which would equate to 74 compass points. I simply can not fathom how this could have occurred.

My background is computers so I am TRYING to figure out what MIGHT have gone wrong. No luck. I am sending to the address one of you was kind enough to post. PLEASE anyone who gets this ugly mess rectified and actually receives what is due to them, post! This $1000 was the reason my DH agreed to a Bermuda cruise in 2010--and the reason my kids had such a good Christmas, I kept charging away figuring it was all for a good cause!

I am so happy for all of you for which the accounting was correct. I had held out hope I would be one..... Oh well if this is the worst that happens to me in 2009 I will consider myself lucky!

Well, I received my envelopes yesterday, and to tell the truth I was dreading opening them because I knew I would be facing a frustrating problem! Here's my scenario.

I have three accounts, they got one right, 2 wrong.

1. Due 2-$500 and 1-100 point certificate. Correct!:)
  2. Due 3-100 point certificates, received 1-100 point certificate.:(
  3. Due 1-$500 and 1-100 point certificate, received 1-100 point certificate.:(

Also, on the one they got correct, I did need those post December closing points to make the next certificate, so they did get that one right. For one of the other, I reached that $500 level in June and they got that wrong. Go figure!:rolleyes:

I really am unhappy at the amount of time I have had to spend doing their job, especially now that I have to call them again.:mad:

I posted this on the sticky for the credit card on the NCL board, but i figured i should post it here since not everyone visits that area. So here goes. I called the BOA credit card andOk here is the story.

I called the number on the back of the credit card and got a representative on the phone, who didnt know much so i was passed on to several people before I got lucky and got someone who knows a little about our old Cruise compass rewards points.

The point sytem that they used to send us our certificats is the new world points system. Thats why we only got 100 point certificates.

To make matters worse they did not have access to our points of our final billing statement date. So example my statement date ended 12/17 and it clearly shows i had 354 points on that date. Those went by by.. poof.. disapeared... she could not and was not able to see them on any of my statements on her computer. I was very nice to her on the phone. I didnt think that getting her mad was going to help. SO BEING nice does help. I asked her if i can fax her my papers so she can see my final statement as we speak. She gave me her fax number and i faxed her everything i had at that point. In case i didnt have to opportunity to do it with someone else later.

Once she got it we were talking and comparing my statement with what she can see on her computer and she clearly sees that im correct.

Then thats when she told me that i was only entitled to the 2 certificats for the 511 points i had. I went on to explain to her that the sytem we used we had to spend 1000 dollars and if the charges were not ncl related we earned 30 points for that 1000 dollars. And if they were NCL related we earned 40 points.

She said that my 511 points were cashed out on the new world points system. So thats why i only got the 2 100 upgrade certificates.

I told her that they were going to get bombarded by everyone that chats on CRUISE CRITIC, since were all kind of like family here that we all chat and tell each other what we did and what we found out etc.

She is giving my papers to her supervisor and i gave her my cell phone number to call me back. She was the one who asked for my number, so I believe that she will call me back.

If i dont hear anything between now and monday i'll call them back again to find out the status.

So my advise to everyone is to call the # on the credit card 800-421-2110 when you hear the message start to play it will ask you for your credit card number put that in, then it will ask for your zip code, put that in. Once thats accepted and it starts giving you options dial 0 (zero) and speak to the next person who answers. Tell them you need to speak to someone who is familiar with the Cruise Compass Rewards Points. If the person mentions World Points tell them no i need to speak to someone who knows the Cruise Compass Rewards Points.

Make sure you have all your papers in front of you so they dont get bored and hang up on you for making them wait. BE NICE TO THE PERSON. Remember its not the persons fault whos on the phone with you. Its the companys fault.

Update:

I decided to suck it up and call Bank of America. The rep actually could see my incorrect account adjustments but beyond that didn't know what to do. So she puts me on hold and the next thing I hear is a greeting from NCL! She transferred me without even telling me!!! In retrospect, I'm glad she did because this time I got someone who knew why I was calling and was prepared to help.

The NCL rep said that NCL has setup a resolution desk to work with BofA to fix the issues. He said they realize this problem also reflects on NCL and they want to get it resolved. He took my specific information and is giving it to the resolution desk and that I should hear soon. I'm going to remain optimistic that NCL will help get this done.

Thanks Tony! NCL never lets me down!:)

Archived