I Received My Compass Rewards

Whippets

They just STARTED sending the coupons out and had to start again after they goofed up so badly. I asked the bank if they realized what a public relations nightmare they have on their hands and the lady said their P.R. people were on it. I even got them to credit my credit card the $15.30 I spent on registered overnight mail. For now.. I keep my eyes on the mailbox waiting for my coupons!.... Again!

I sure hope that is accurate information... this was/is a total screwup...

Just got a call from B of A in Charlotte. Said they recalculated our points and we will get the $500 certificate we are entitled to and, because we had additional Compass Rewards credits above $500, will also get an upgrade certificate. Said to expect the certificates in 7-10 days.

Hallelujah!

Well we waited a week to see if anything else would come in the mail.

We have 4 cards and we only received an envelope for one of them. We were expecting 2 $500 certificates and some upgrades and all we got was one upgrade.

I called BOA and they told me they were having quite a problem with them (duh).

I had to give the operator the compass reward points balance we had as of our last December statement for each of our 4 cards. She told me that she could not see those balances as we have now been switched over to the new worldpoints program.

I was told that my information would be forwarded to their research department for resolution. But, she could not give me a time frame.

I was also told to send a letter to the following address:

NCL Compass Rewards Resolution

NC1-022-17-01

201 North Tyron Street

Charlotte, NC 28255

In the letter I am to list each of our credit card numbers, the balance of points for each as of the last statement (DEC), and what we were expecting in awards ($500 certificates and/or $100 upgrades. We are to also include copies of the statements.

I tried to call NCL Latitudes to ask what else we can do to ensure that we get the certificates we feel are owed to us. (We have already booked one cruise and plan to book a fall cruise soon).

The Latitudes operator explained that the person to talk to about the Compass Rewards fiasco is only available Monday-Friday and the number to call is 1-866-625-9177.

I will try to reach them on Monday or Tuesday this week.

All together we are waiting on 10 $500 certificates. Let's hope they come through with them for us.

All together we are waiting on 10 $500 certificates. Let's hope they come through with them for us.

By coincidence, in today's mail were three envelopes with the compass rewards for the other 3 cards cards we own.

In each case, we received the correct amount of $500 certificates.

So we have received 8 of the 10 $500 awards we had earned.

We will follow up with the NCL Resolution office to work out the problems with the one remaining card for the final 2 awards we were expecting.

I received my correct certificates today!! I never made a phone, just waited to see what would happen. I got the 4 $500 certificates I was expecting plus a(nother) $100 upgrade certificate. There was something on the enclosed letter about a "corrected" amount or something or other (its not in front of me right now).

I just received five 100 pt one category upgrade certificates. What use is this when you can only use from balcony to balcony? If I could use it to upgrade from an inside cabin to a balcony that would be great. These certificates are useless. I will be cancelling my ncl card. We should all cancel the credit cards. It is about time the people stand up and tell the banks where they can stick their debt.

I just received five 100 pt one category upgrade certificates. What use is this when you can only use from balcony to balcony? If I could use it to upgrade from an inside cabin to a balcony that would be great. These certificates are useless. I will be cancelling my ncl card. We should all cancel the credit cards. It is about time the people stand up and tell the banks where they can stick their debt.

I totally agree. I received three 100 point upgrade certificates. Since I booked a mini-suite on three future NCL cruises, they are utterly useless to me as I can't upgrade from a mini-suite. I also will cancel this credit card because B of A's World Points program is a pale imitation of NCL's formerly excellent Compass Rewards program.

I am in the same situation. I have 6 upgrade certificates that I will never ever use. NCL is crazy in thinking that anyone would book a cruise using these certs with these restrictions. I for one will appeal to NCL's economic sense. If no discount then I will cancel booking and take my business elsewhere. I still control where my $$$ is spent. IMHO

I have tried to follow this thread but I can't seem to figure this one question out.

Has anyone gotten the screwed up certs (where you were owed one or two $500.00 certs but all you got was some $100.00 upgrade cert) and you have now recieved the correct one or two $500.00 certs? Or are we all still waiting for those correct certs. All from the same credit card, not where you had three cards and you got wrong certs on one but you have gotten correct certs on the other two. I guess I am asking has anyone actually had an incorrect cert issue resolved.

I am in the same situation. I have 6 upgrade certificates that I will never ever use. NCL is crazy in thinking that anyone would book a cruise using these certs with these restrictions. I for one will appeal to NCL's economic sense. If no discount then I will cancel booking and take my business elsewhere. I still control where my $$$ is spent. IMHO

Tell them they can stick the new world points card where the sun dont shine. No wonder bank of america's stock is at $5 dollars and change. I hope they go bankrupt.

I totally agree. I received three 100 point upgrade certificates. Since I booked a mini-suite on three future NCL cruises, they are utterly useless to me as I can't upgrade from a mini-suite. I also will cancel this credit card because B of A's World Points program is a pale imitation of NCL's formerly excellent Compass Rewards program.

I just cancelled my boa card. They can take there worthless upgrade coupons and stick them somewhere unpleasant. World points you have to spend somewhere in the $50,000 dollar range just to get a $500 dollar coupon. I would love to see all the people that just got screwed by ncl and boa cancel there cards. SEND NCL AND BOA A MESSAGE PEOPLE. Stop being stepped on.

I have tried to follow this thread but I can't seem to figure this one question out.

Has anyone gotten the screwed up certs (where you were owed one or two $500.00 certs but all you got was some $100.00 upgrade cert) and you have now recieved the correct one or two $500.00 certs? Or are we all still waiting for those correct certs. All from the same credit card, not where you had three cards and you got wrong certs on one but you have gotten correct certs on the other two. I guess I am asking has anyone actually had an incorrect cert issue resolved.

I'd like to know this to! I received the screwed up ones (5 upgrade cer. instead of 1 $500 +1 up. cer.) I called NCL Latitudes, gave my info and no one called me back, called again last week and was told new ones to be sent out by Feb. 20th. So Still waiting! If I do not receive corrected ones by the end of the month I will mail my info to the resolution center.

I'd like to know this to! I received the screwed up ones (5 upgrade cer. instead of 1 $500 +1 up. cer.) I called NCL Latitudes, gave my info and no one called me back, called again last week and was told new ones to be sent out by Feb. 20th. So Still waiting! If I do not receive corrected ones by the end of the month I will mail my info to the resolution center.

Doug called BOA yesterday because he could not get into our World Points account like he could last week.. It was a web site issue on their part, but he was told that since they see this our CRP' have been cashed in for the Certs, and it has been more than three weeks since they were cashed in and we have not gotten them, they are going to have the resolution center call us. Supposedly we will have a call from them by Friday. I will belive it when they call, but that is what they told us.

You may remember me from posts such as, "Mine were WRONG" (post 102 on this thread). I received 1 upgrade coupon for over 1,000 points. I decided to do nothing and wait to see if, indeed, they were re-calculating and sending out new certificates without clients going to the trouble of sending in the letters, copies of statements, etc.

"Mine are now RIGHT". I received my two $500 off coupons in today's mail, along with two 100 points upgrade.

Timeline-

Feb 5: received WRONG coupon amount & letter. Called and got the address for resolution. Tried to find time to copy the papers and send them in

Feb ?: Heard it right here on Cruise Critic that BOA was going to re-compute and send out new coupons, so I abandoned the idea of sending a letter in hopes that it would all work itself out. "What are the odds?" I thought, but hey, being optimistic would save me some time and trouble, so I went with it.

Feb 17: received RIGHT rewards certificates. Two $500 coupons and a couple of upgrade coupons.

There's hope!

I received 1 $100 certificate a couple of weeks ago and decided to wait a bit before the panic set in.

I came home from my Mom's today and my 2 $500 certificates were in my mailbox along with 4 more $100 upgrade certificates. Don't know what I'm going to do with the upgrade ones, maybe they'll trade 5 in for a $500 certificate!!! ;):(

It says, *Corrected Balance* Final Compass Reward Balance as of 12-31-2008 in the letter that came with the certificates.

I hope everyone else gets their correct certificates in the mail this week! Hopefully, this was a sign they're getting things together and correcting all the missing certificates!

Good luck everyone!!!

I had 1419 points and received my corrected certificates today. Two $500 coupons and five upgrade coupons (in addition to the one upgrade coupon when they did it wrong a couple of weeks ago).

My question is this. Has anyone else who has received the correction been less than 100 points shy of the next $500 coupon? If so, did they give you that next coupon or just five (virtually worthless) upgrade coupons?

Archived