been to Cockelshell beach recently?

wlbox

This may be a silly question, but that's why I'm asking... so I know what to do... Can you pick the starfish up? Will it hurt them, or you?

You probably can pick them up, but I wouldn't and never have. Why disturb them in their natural environment??

If you do, pls be very careful and put them back as you found them.

Went to Cockle Shell Bech about 2 weeks ago while on the Grand Princess. We had to ask around to find a taxi driver that was willing to take us there from the pier. It was a 10 mile ride and very scenic. It was well worth the trip. Cost was $25.00 for 4 passengers, each way. Our driver came back at the pre determined time to take us back to the ship. The beach was a bit littered with sea weed and shells but Wilbur, goat, dog and monkey were great and a real treat. The bathrooms were clean, beer resonable and we had a wonderful day. One of our traveling buddies got a massage for $30.00 for 1/2 hour and she loved it. Well worth the trip. I would go back again on our next vist to St. Kitts.

Oh, we didn't snorkle,didn't bring our gear, but many folks did and they enjoyed it.

We went to Cockleshell beach last Friday (4/3) and the beach was nice, the water beautiful and the sky was clear and sunny. We rented two lounge chairs and an umbrella ($15) and the waitress from the Reggae Bar and Grill brought us drinks and lunch and they played music all day. The snorkeling along the rocks to the left side (as you face the water) was ok., not great, but I did see fish and coral. We had a nice day at the beach! Taxi was $13 for two each way and the driver came back and picked us up at the designated time.

• 2 weeks later...
We went to Cockleshell beach last Friday (4/3) and the beach was nice, the water beautiful and the sky was clear and sunny. We rented two lounge chairs and an umbrella ($15) and the waitress from the Reggae Bar and Grill brought us drinks and lunch and they played music all day. The snorkeling along the rocks to the left side (as you face the water) was ok., not great, but I did see fish and coral. We had a nice day at the beach! Taxi was $13 for two each way and the driver came back and picked us up at the designated time.

Can you tell me if you saw a lot of shells ? In and out of water?

We were there in March. Cant speak to snorkeling but the beach was calm and nice. Did Thenford Grey tours and was dropped off at the Regea beach bar. Walk up the beach to lions bar and less crowded. Dont know about food but it looked good and not american fare. I like american fare but don't want in st kitts

Archived