Best Pool Spot on the Glory?

teacher2cruiser

I liked the aft pool area at the very back of Lido deck. It is the one with the retractable dome. There are fewer kids at that pool since there isn't a slide. There is also a bar at that pool, plus the burger station, pizzeria and the ice cream machines. You could almost spend the entire day there!

Where's your favorite hangout in the sun, and where's the best pool bar?

Hmm, I kind of like the Aft Lido pool, but up one level, if that makes any sense. There's a bar at the bottom of the stairs, but not crowded. It's not a scene, but it's easy to sit back and read and watch the wake.

I agree on the aft pool. Great area and on a windy day you are shielded more. We were on the Glory last month and had a couple of pretty blustery days. If you want a chair you need to get out there pretty early. I'm an early riser and I would see people "reserving" chairs at 6:00am as they were being put out.

Hmm, I kind of like the Aft Lido pool, but up one level, if that makes any sense. There's a bar at the bottom of the stairs, but not crowded. It's not a scene, but it's easy to sit back and read and watch the wake.

I agree on this spot. Conveinent to restrooms, bar, food, etc. We get up around 7:30 and are still able to get a spot.

We like to get up that early anyway...I can sleep in when I'm at home. We get up, grab a few chairs, take turns going to get our breakfast from the buffet, come back and enjoy it in our chairs. Bring a good book and an iPod and some sunscreen and VOILA...our prefect sea day. :) With intermittant breaks to get lunch, take a dip in the pool, restroom breaks or to freshen our drinks. We can be found there from about 7:30 til about 4. :)

There are always chairs available, just maybe not where you personally would want to sit. I personally cannot STAND the chairs on the sides of the ships (on Deck 10) between the windbreaks. It's like an OVEN in there to me. LOL I also can't deal with sitting in the middle of the running track. Just personal perference, I think.

Oh gosh...I love to be in the middle of the action. Main pool, dance floor, up the steps to the "overlook" with the blue rockers. Our crowd on our last Glory cruise had a few early risers (OK, DH and I don't sleep much on cruises, we can sleep when we're dead)...so we always staked out our claim on that location. PERFECT for people watching!:D

CIMG1506.jpg.a356d7dda693d824df70d1b390796aeb.jpg

Archived