Past Guest Party?

teacher2cruiser

How do you know about this? Do you get an invitation or what? How do they KNOW that you're a past guest to get the invitation to you? Maybe this is a dumb question, but this will be my first REPEAT cruise to the same cruiseline. Thanks.

They will leave an invitation in your room the day of the party. You should have a past guest number. If you don't call Carnival,and they will locate your number for you. When you booked your 2nd cruise with Carnival did you tell them you were a past guest.

When you check-in online, you indicate that you've cruised with CCL before. Also, make sure your TA or PVP looks up your past guest number and ties it to your booking. You will receive an invitation during the cruise for the past guest party. Past guest parties are only held on Carnival cruises that are 5 nights or longer. Hope this helps!

If you're on a five day or longer cruise you will get an invitation in your room one day telling you when and where the party will be. Its almost always in the main lounge.

They should have your past cruises on file, you can always call and check to make sure. You can also input your past guest number into your profile on Carnival.com and it will show you a list of your past cruises.

Past guest parties are for..past guests. Only those who have actually sailed with Carnival before are to attend the party, and only those people will get invitations. Is that the way it always works? No. Some people bring others. However, it is supposed to be a perk for past guests; the whole purpose is defeated when people bring others that are not past guests. We never took our children when it was their first cruise; we did take them the other times because they were themselves past guests then.

I am a past guest but will be traveling with my kids ages 18 & 13 that have never cruised. Will they get to come with me?:)

The Past Guest Party is for past guests only, so technically, your kids can't go, some will say they can, but in our experience, they've collected the invitations at the door from each person. DH gets his own and I get my own and they're meant for one person only.

The Past Guest Party is for past guests only, so technically, your kids can't go, some will say they can, but in our experience, they've collected the invitations at the door from each person. DH gets his own and I get my own and they're meant for one person only.

the reps at Carnival say anyone in the room of a past guest is welcome at the party. it's the same as a past guest booking a room with a non past guest, both get the past guest discount. if carnival only wanted past guests at the party then that is what they would tell you on the phone, but they dont say that, so carnival has defined the "rule" as they see it.:rolleyes:

mike

I am a past guest but will be traveling with my kids ages 18 & 13 that have never cruised. Will they get to come with me?:)

You're going to get a whole host of responses to this one' date=' but IMHO the kids will probably be bored silly. Waiters will be passing out alcoholic drinks, the ship's orchestra will be playing big band dance music and a few older couples will get on the stage and dance. Then they will show what can be described as either a short movie or a very long Carnival commercial and you are encouraged to applaud when your ship is on the screen. Then you leave and go to dinner.[/color']

You will end up deciding whether you take them or not, but they would probably prefer to spend the 45 minutes at the arcade.

When you go to Carnival.com to register for your cruise do you see your past guest number? If so, you shouldn't have a problem. Once you log-in at carnival.com you can also check your cruise history. If you don't see your cruise listed I would send carnival an e-mail enquiring about the missing cruise. Carnival didn't have my 1st cruise listed as it was in 1990, and all of their early records were burned in a fire. So, I e-mailed them a copy of a picture that I had of me on board the ship. (It was a picture purchased from the ship.) They added the missing cruise to my history after they received the picture. I've never not gotten an invitation to a past guest party.

Thanks for all of the replies, but one more question. I've sailed Carnival previously with my mother, but this time its my DH and myself. So,,,,,,,,,we'll both be going to the PAST GUEST party, and if I don't receive an invitation by what time.........I should inquire about it?

Just go online and confirm that you are a past guest. Once you've confirmed it, your done. Don't worry, you will get an invitation. :)

It's been my experience on each cruise, as well as the one I got off yesterday, that the invitation to the PG party is delivered the day before the party, not the day of the party. The ship's pin should be on the invitation.

You won't know until you receive the invitation exactly which day and time the party will take place.

Personally, I don't enjoy it much when the PG parties are held in the main show lounge. I like the smaller lounges, but nowadays because it's so crowded, I guess they can't do the intimate little parties they once did. I didn't feel the one I went to this past week was special at all.:(

Thanks for all of the replies, but one more question. I've sailed Carnival previously with my mother, but this time its my DH and myself. So,,,,,,,,,we'll both be going to the PAST GUEST party, and if I don't receive an invitation by what time.........I should inquire about it?

You will get it, don't worry :) I sailed Carnival 3-4 years ago then sailed them just recently (1-3-09) and I did not know of the past guest party until the invites showed up on my bed one night. Carnival knows what they are doing, no worries...be happy. ;)

Here are a few pics of the invitation to the past guest party onboard the Valor last month. The invitation and Valor pin were delivered the night before the party. The invitation does have your name on it and it doesn't say that you may bring a guest. Hope this helps!

DSCN0170.jpg.1d93c9265502ce567ea66618f579d268.jpg

DSCN0171.jpg.e63cc1603f200de69eb8b84bd160d055.jpg

You're going to get a whole host of responses to this one, but IMHO the kids will probably be bored silly. Waiters will be passing out alcoholic drinks, the ship's orchestra will be playing big band dance music and a few older couples will get on the stage and dance. Then they will show what can be described as either a short movie or a very long Carnival commercial and you are encouraged to applaud when your ship is on the screen. Then you leave and go to dinner.

You will end up deciding whether you take them or not, but they would probably prefer to spend the 45 minutes at the arcade.

I am going to disagree on this comment, based upon our last cruise on the Inspiration.

(Yes, on our past cruises, I would agree, with the Big Band Music, etc).

On the Inpiration, it was more of a celebration atmosphere. The music played was Dance music for all... The Cha Cha Slide, Electric Slide, YMCA, and then a Slow dance for all.

They did show the short movie, and the kids loved clapping for the ships we have been on!

Then they had a raffle for a deluxe bottle of champagne.... and guess who won?? My 3 year old! Yes, she was a past guest! ( I got the Champagne, She got a 24 Kt Gold Plastic Ship on a Stick!).

We just like going as a family, because our kids like to feel that they are important Past Guests too!

Catrin

You're going to get a whole host of responses to this one, but IMHO the kids will probably be bored silly. Waiters will be passing out alcoholic drinks, the ship's orchestra will be playing big band dance music and a few older couples will get on the stage and dance. Then they will show what can be described as either a short movie or a very long Carnival commercial and you are encouraged to applaud when your ship is on the screen. Then you leave and go to dinner.

Agree with your description. Thank goodness we didn't dance. Would hate to be considered an "old couple".:D Besides, when your dancing you can't get at the free drinks.:D

Past guest parties are for..past guests. Only those who have actually sailed with Carnival before are to attend the party, and only those people will get invitations. Is that the way it always works? No. Some people bring others. However, it is supposed to be a perk for past guests; the whole purpose is defeated when people bring others that are not past guests. We never took our children when it was their first cruise; we did take them the other times because they were themselves past guests then.

This is always a hot topic but I've talked to Carnival directly and they said that all in the cabin can come - -even if only one is a past guest.

This is always a hot topic but I've talked to Carnival directly and they said that all in the cabin can come - -even if only one is a past guest.

Then why do DH and I each get our own invitation with our names and they are specifically collected at the door, one invitation per person? IMHO the past guest parties are diluted if a bunch of first time cruisers are there, what's the point of the party? Oh well, not up to me I guess.

Then why do DH and I each get our own invitation with our names and they are specifically collected at the door, one invitation per person? IMHO the past guest parties are diluted if a bunch of first time cruisers are there, what's the point of the party? Oh well, not up to me I guess.

The Carnival people told me the invites are computerized and spit out according to the Past Guest list numbers - - but just like the past guest discount anyone in the cabin can come. She also said that having first-timers come with past guests encourages them to become repeat customers. I guess in this economy that makes sense. Give people a few drinks and show them they are "special" and they are more likely to come back. Marketing 101 really.

Archived