Cruise from or near to Sydney Australia

Jamerican71

I've seen quite a few but wondering what other kind of options they may have.
I suspect that the other kind of options they have will be the options that you haven't seen yet.

Give us a clue about what you have seen? Then we can start to think whether there are any gaps we can fill.

well, I've seen several 10, 12, 14, 20 day cruises out of Australia and include New Zealand but the dates don't coincide with the business trip dates so I'm thinking that maybe they depart from a different port other than Sydney but just a quick flight from Sydney.

I guess I'm trying to figure out what options they have with other near by departure locations.

well, I've seen several 10, 12, 14, 20 day cruises out of Australia and include New Zealand but the dates don't coincide with the business trip dates so I'm thinking that maybe they depart from a different port other than Sydney but just a quick flight from Sydney.

I guess I'm trying to figure out what options they have with other near by departure locations.

The only other significant ports where cruises start on the east coast of Australia are Melbourne and Brisbane, which are not normally considered as close by. You might get day trips in other cities near to Sydney, but not any sizeable cruises.

Hi,

According to the Holland America web site, the Volendam will be sailing on January 20 from Sydney to ports in New Zealand, ending on February 3 in Sydney. Although the cruise doesn't visit any other Australian ports, the New Zealand itinerary is excellent.

My husband and I were on the Volendam on a similar itinerary in October and had a great experience.

Princess may also have New Zealand-Australia itineraries for next year. Celebrity has cancelled its cruises in that area after this spring.

I can give you more information about our experience on the Volendam if you are interested.

Princess has for a number of years conducted voyages between Sydney and Auckland (and VV) using Sapphire or Diamond.

Requires an air flight to or from Auckland which can be packaged or arranged independantly.

Ports visited are:

Melbourne; Hobart; Dunedin; Christchurch; Tauranga and Auckland. Cruises also visit the NZ Fjord area including Milford Sound.

I have done this twice and highly recommend.

The Sun and Dawn Princess also do Aust/NZ itineries.

From what I can see these are best two choices

1. Diamond Princess Auck - Sydney 16 Jan 2010 for 12 nights

or

2. Sun Princess Syd - Syd (round trip) 23 Jan 2010 13 nights (omits Melb and Hobart)

Not many options for voyages after 9th February

hope this helps

My parents will be in Sydney, Australia for a meeting Feb 6 - 9, 2010 and would like to do a cruise before or after that timeframe.

I've seen quite a few but wondering what other kind of options they may have.

This site will give you some idea of what cruises are available through February 2010, mostly sailing from Sydney.

http://www.ecruising.travel/List.aspx?siteId=31&d=737&cl=0&dm=201002&sp=0&pg=1

Good luck with it.

Archived