YouTube Travel Videos

Cruzer Two

My latest youtube video Portrait of London
shows some of the highlights of our recent trip to this very interesting and historic city.

Ron

Great video, Ron. Thanks for sharing. It brings back wonderful memories.

Judi

Did you go on the London Eye? A friend of mine who was born and lived in London invited me to visit with her in 2007. We had a great time and I loved having a personal guide. We did the London Eye (formerly called Millenium Wheel as part of the celebration of the new century), the boat tour, the HOHO bus and also city bus rides where I saw Wimbledon. We also took the Eurostar over to Paris for a few days. This was a memorable trip, and I am sorry to say that my friend died from Ovarian Cancer last year. She and her husband were wonderful hosts and gave me the royal treatment. Her husband kept asking me, "Would you like some tea?" or "Would you like some soda?" I told him he was going to spoil me because I don't have anyone at home to get me things. LOL.

My latest youtube video Portrait of London
shows some of the highlights of our recent trip to this very interesting and historic city.

Ron

Now, I don't have to go!!!! ha ha ha. No, really, I've been there a few times. It's a wonderful city. thanks for sharing. I am off for a Barcelona cruise on the 29th to Venice. anything I should see in particular in Dubrovnik, Kotor, Venice, Barcelona?

I am off for a Barcelona cruise on the 29th to Venice. anything I should see in particular in Dubrovnik, Kotor, Venice, Barcelona?

Tikigal,

Thanks for the nice comments. Here are a few brief suggestions and some videos for you cruise on the 29th.

Dubrovnik:

Walking the walls of the “old city” provides views that are simply awesome.

Kotor:

The town is fairly small and easily walked. A drive up Mount Lovcen via a very narrow, winding road, with numerous hairpin turns has some specular scenery.

Venice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL7mufU_2f4

Walk from Santa Lucia railway station to San Marco Square and then ride the number 1 vaporetto (water bus) Grand Canal back to Santa Lucia.

Barcelona:

Take the Hop On, Hop Off bus tour to see La Sagrada Familia (giant Basilica that has been under construction since 1882) and other interesting buildings designed by Architecture Antoni Gaudi. Then walk along La Rambla, the most famous pedestrian street in Spain.

Enjoy your cruise,

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Toronto is not a major cruise destination, but there are a few small Lake Ontario cruise lines that make this port of call. Toronto is a beautiful city with lots of interesting thing to do and see.

Click on

to see a video of the city that I recently made while visiting our Canadian friends.

Ron

The golden age of cruising is filled with memories as is the golden age of air travel. The new tv series Pan Am attempts to show what it was like in the “golden age of aviation”.

Here are my memories of what it was like in the “good old days” at Delta Air LInes.

Airline Stewardesses:

The L1011:

Ron

I'm not sure where to post this but, I have enjoyed watching the first couple shows of the new Pan Am TV series. I like the graphics and continuity of the old way of life. Here's the fourth video in my 4 video series filmed aboard the Pride of America this past August.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Voyages of Discovery - mv Discovery

The Island Princess - One of the original “Love Boats”

Love Boat Theme Song

The ship began operation in 1972 with Flagship Cruises, under the name Island Venture. In 1974 she was sold to P7O’s Princess Cruises along with sister ship Sea Venture. The pair were renamed Island Princess and Pacific Princess, the latter now operating as the Pacific. Both appeared in the 1970s television sitcom The Love Boat, although the Pacific Princess was the main feature of the show. The Island Princess operated as part of the Princess fleet until 1999, when she was sold on to Hyundai Merchant Marine of South Korea. Her role was to transport South Korean pilgrims to religious sites in North Korea . After a brief stint as the Platinum the ship went through a major refit between 2001–-2003. Since 2003 the vessel has been sailing as Discovery under the care of the cruise company Voyages of Discovery (part of the All Leisure Group Plc) cruising out of Harwich, England.

To borrow a line from the famous tv sitcom theme song, “The LOVE BOAT will soon be making another run”!

My wife and I have booked a Black Sea cruise on the Voyages of Discovery – mv Discovery.

The ship began operation in 1972 with Flagship Cruises, under the name Island Venture. In 1974 she was sold to P&O’s Princess Cruises along with sister ship Sea Venture. The ships were renamed Island Princess and Pacific Princess, and both appeared in the 1970s television sitcom The Love Boat.

The Island Princess operated as part of the Princess fleet until 1999, when she was sold on to Hyundai Merchant Marine of South Korea. After a brief stint as the Platinum the ship went through a major refit between 2001 and 2003. Since 2003 the vessel has been sailing as the mv Discovery under the care of the cruise company Voyages of Discovery cruising out of Harwich, England. It has been said that the Discovery still maintains a style and graciousness reminiscent of earlier cruising, and as you walked the promenade deck you feel like you were cruising somewhere back in time. Notice in this video that you can still visit the bridge on sea days

, and passengers stand directly behind the fly bridge during sail-a-way watching every move made by the Captain.

Our cruise starts in Istanbul, Turkey on April 16, 2012 and has port calls in Trabzon, Turkey; Sochi, Russia; Yalta, Sevastopol, and Odessa, Ukraine; and Canakkale (Gallipoli) Turkey.

We will drop anchor in Anzac Cove before sunrise on April 25th and observe the ANZAC DAY ceremonies to honor members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who fought at Gallipoli in the Ottoman Empire during World War I. After the ceremony the ship will relocated to Canakkale. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOikmvY_tvM&feature=related

The Discovery will then head back to Istanbul where we will overnight on the ship before disembarking the next morning.

Ron

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cruise Critic Friends:

Please enjoy viewing my Auld Lang Syne video that was produced for the Millennium Celebration, but is still played at our house each year on New Year’s Eve. I know that many of you are not old enough to remember some of the events shown on the video.

Happy New Year

From Ron (CruzerTwo)

Part One of the Ryndam Christmas Cruise to the Western Caribbean from the Port of Tampa.

Hightlighs of the port calls in Cozmel, Belize, and Roatan, Honduras. Shore excursions include: Shopping in Cozmel; Lost World Canopy & Rappelling Tour in Belize; Xunantunich Mayan Ruins Tour in Belize; and the Catamaran Sail & Snorkel Tour in Roatan, Honduras.

• 4 weeks later...
Video of my 11 day Thanksgiving cruise on the Norwegian Dawn.

We visited the Dominican Republic, BVI, St Maarten, Antigua, Dominica, Barbados & St Kitts:

Nice video! What type of camera did you use to take the underwater shots?

Ron

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here are the first pictures taking with my new Canon SX40 HS. It has a x35 (24mm to 840mm) zoom lens and lots of different effect modes. I’m anxious to use it on our upcoming cruise of the Black Sea next week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DIbSvg0yoI&list=UU1AdLUJLmB0Y6JnEMZZuiyw&index=1&feature=plcp

• 3 weeks later...

Over the next few weeks, I will be producing a series of videos showing the highlights for each of our ports of call on our recent cruise to the Black Sea on the Voyages of Discovery – mv Discovery.

As a little introduction, I produced a short, black and white video of the mv Discovery aka Island Princess (one of the original Love Boats from the tv sitcom) to give a glimpse of cruising thirty years ago. The old girl is in bad need of a facelift, but she provided us with a very enjoyable cruise to some exotic ports of call.

Episodes of the “Love Boat” were televised in color, but doing this video in black and white was done purposely to give an “old time” feel to the video. I hope it works!

Voyages of Discovery – Remembering the Love Boat:

Ron