YouTube Travel Videos

Cruzer Two

Over the next few weeks, I will be producing a series of videos showing the highlights for each of our ports of call on our recent cruise to the Black Sea on the Voyages of Discovery – mv Discovery.

As a little introduction, I produced a short, black and white video of the mv Discovery aka Island Princess (one of the original Love Boats from the tv sitcom) to give a glimpse of cruising thirty years ago. The old girl is in bad need of a facelift, but she provided us with a very enjoyable cruise to some exotic ports of call.

Episodes of the “Love Boat” were televised in color, but doing this video in black and white was done purposely to give an “old time” feel to the video. I hope it works!

Voyages of Discovery – Remembering the Love Boat:

Ron

Awwwww, you brought tears to my eyes since we just got off her in Egypt after getting on in Singapore, before she went on her next segment through the Suez Canal and on to your trip to Istanbul.

Love what you did and you made her shine in our hearts again. Yes, the heavy coats of war paint now cover her wrinkles and you missed the austere bunks down on the Coral Deck that even a facelift could not cure, but the magic of this small intimate ship and its wonderful passages around the world is all there. We consider it a privilege and honor to be among her loyal fans.

That was a wonderful photo and sound treatment of all those places and people that were so recently part of our live too. And being reminded on this ship you don't have to "enforce" formal nights; they are enjoyed with great relish and élan because that is what this ship's passengers naturally do!

Take a look also at a previous Discovery thread here were we tried to compare the ship we now both know so well with the TV version of her from the actual Love Boat TV series -- that is a kick too.

Please click on the link below for another episode of my Voyages of Discovery cruise to the Black Sea. This video highlights our visit to the Sumela Monastery in Trabzon, Turkey.

Voyages of Discovery – Trabzon, Turkey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGYH2DoTMiU&list=UU1AdLUJLmB0Y6JnEMZZuiyw&index=1&feature=plcp

Another episode of my Black Sea cruise videos.

Voyages of Discovery – Sochi, Russia

Host of the 2014 Winter Olympic Games

Highlights include Russian Orthodox Church of Michael Archangel and Stalin’s Dacha

Another episode of my Black Sea cruise.

Voyages of Discovery – Yalta, Ukraine

Highlights include Alupka Palace, Swallows Nest, Chekhov’s White Dacha, and Livadia Place (Setting for the Yalta Conference in February 1945)

Another episode of my Black Sea cruise.

Voyages of Discovery – Yalta, Ukraine

Highlights include Alupka Palace, Swallows Nest, Chekhov’s White Dacha, and Livadia Place (Setting for the Yalta Conference in February 1945)

Thanks Ron, I loved the section about the Yalta conference.

Another episode from my Black Sea cruise videos.

Voyages of Discovery – Sevastopol, Ukraine

Highlights include Crimean War Panorama Museum, Malakhov Hill, Balaklava Harbor, Balakalava Valley (Valley of Death for the Charge of the Light Brigade)

Final episode of my Black Sea cruise videos.

Voyages of Discovery – Gallipoli and Canakkale, Turkey shows the highlights of “Dawn Ceremonies” at ANZAC Cove in remembrance of those who lost their lives at Gallipoli and our visit to the ruins of Troy.

Final episode of my Black Sea cruise videos.

Voyages of Discovery – Gallipoli and Canakkale, Turkey shows the highlights of “Dawn Ceremonies” at ANZAC Cove in remembrance of those who lost their lives at Gallipoli and our visit to the ruins of Troy.

Thanks...nice video. I cruised by Gallipoli a couple of years back and made a point of listening to the history discussion and memorial on deck about the importance of this site.

Another episode from my Black Sea cruise videos.

Voyages of Discovery – Sevastopol, Ukraine

Highlights include Crimean War Panorama Museum, Malakhov Hill, Balaklava Harbor, Balakalava Valley (Valley of Death for the Charge of the Light Brigade)

Very well done!

Fellow Travelers:

My latest video creation, A Mystical Night in Morocco, contains pictures made during a two-day shore excursion on the first stop of our recent round trip cruise from Barcelona to Morocco, the Canary Islands, and Malaga, Spain.

The introduction of the video contains a short segment remembering the movie “Casablanca” and sets the stage for the overnight shore excursion that started in Casablanca and ended in Agadir, Morocco.

After a short stop at Rick’s Café and the Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca, we departed for a four-hour drive across the Plains of Chaoula and Ben Guerir, where we passed many small towns and remote villages. The overnight visit to Marrakech includes scenes from Bahia Palace, Saadian Tombs, Jamaa el Fna Square, a dinner and show at Chez Ali, Koutoubia Mosque, the ancient Medina, and lunch at a Moroccan restaurant – complete with snake charmer. After lunch, we departed for another four-hour drive across the Atlas Mountains to meet the ship in Agadir, Morocco.

Click on

to view A Mystical Night in Morocco.

Future videos from this cruise will contain pictures from Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Spain; Funchal, Maderia, Portugal; and the Moorish Palace at Alhambra near Granada, Spain on a shore excursion from Malaga, Spain.

Enjoy,

Ron

Thanks for the link for your great video. Having seen it, I am intrigued and look forward to visiting Morocco. When I saw it included in the itinerary, I was not particularly enthused about going there.

• 1 month later...

Sights and Sounds of Norway

The first four videos of our cruise of the Norwegian Fjords and North Cape round-trip from the port of Southampton, United Kingdom have been uploaded to Youtube.

Southampton, United Kingdom

Bergen, Norway

Geirangerfjord – Hellesylt to Geiranger, Norway

Honningsvag, Norway

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Ron

Thank you so very much for your video showing your experience in our city. It is so nice to see things through the eyes of a visitor. I have circulated the link of your video to the various tourism managers around the city and offered that they can use your you tube link where appropriate. We look forward to welcoming you back to Southampton and thank you again for your video. We tweeted your video this afternoon from www.twitter.com/destsouthampton

Kind Regards

Shirley Pinn

Destination Southampton

Basepoint Centre

Andersons Road

Southampton

Hampshire

SO14 5FE

www.destinationsouthampton.com

To take it to next level of branding and advertising some companies have come up with the idea of buy you tube views. But the problem of how to buy YouTube views suppressed their idea. Today, this is not a problem. Thanks to the online companies that have come up with solutions to the question. On their websites you can get YouTube views, comments, likes, favorites and real subscribers.

• 3 weeks later...

Sochi 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMuIcWUobKw&feature=related

Sochi, Russia will host the Winter Olympics in 2014. The link above is for a video showing the planning that has gone into these games. Sochi is the one of the Black Sea Ports we visited on our Black Sea cruise this past April. The amount of construction in progress was amazing - construction cranes were everywhere in the city.

Go to http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33642915&postcount=254 for information on viewing my video of our stop in Sochi.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sights and Sounds of Norway

The first four videos of our cruise of the Norwegian Fjords and North Cape round-trip from the port of Southampton, United Kingdom have been uploaded to Youtube.

Southampton, United Kingdom

Bergen, Norway

Geirangerfjord – Hellesylt to Geiranger, Norway

Honningsvag, Norway

Very nice video....THANKS

• 1 month later...

Venice, the Epic Sailaway, my first episode of the Ruby Princess Transatlantic videos has been uploaded to youtube. The music Time to Say Goodbye by Sarah Brightman and Andréa Andrea Bocelli that originally accompanied my video was muted by Youtube because of copyright violations, so I had to substitute an instrumental version.

Click on

to enjoy this video.

Venice, the Epic Sailaway, my first episode of the Ruby Princess Transatlantic videos has been uploaded to youtube. The music Time to Say Goodbye by Sarah Brightman and Andréa Andrea Bocelli that originally accompanied my video was muted by Youtube because of copyright violations, so I had to substitute an instrumental version.

Click on

to enjoy this video.

Very nice Ron, as ever, and a useful heads-up on another track to avoid for YT. The instrumental version works well too though.

Very nice Ron, as ever, and a useful heads-up on another track to avoid for YT. The instrumental version works well too though.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the nice comments. I was amazed that the original version was muted. There are hundreds of videos on youtube using the Sarah Brightman version of Time To Say Goodby. I'm really curious how these got by and my video was muted. Go figure. I'll be working on videos for our other ports of call for the next few weeks. Trying to find good music to accompany these videos that does not violate the copyright rules is going to be a chore.

Ron