YouTube Travel Videos

Cruzer Two

Hello Ron,

Thank you for the wonderful and all encompassing videos you have posted. Your love of travel is evident in them all! What a pleaseure it is to sit , watch and listen to them. I'd also like to thank you for the considerable amount of time and effort you have given to us pertaining to our first cruise. Your suggestions have been wholeheartedly taken and we're sure they will enhance our trip. Hope you don't mind but I've passed around your link to friends! Many happy and safe travels to you and your wife.

Donele & Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Ron

Thanks for posting the vid of Falmouth. As a Cornishman I never imagined I'd find one from my part of the world on here !

Cornishman:

Our stop in "your part of the world" on the Star Princess was quite nice. We considered one of the ships sponsored shore excursions to see some of the sites of Cornwall, but we finally decided to wandered around the grounds of Pendennis Castle for awhile and then head towards the Old High Street in Falmouth to see its collection of small shops, pubs and eating places. This turned out to be an excellent choice.

We browsed the shops along the High Street and in George’s Arcade before stopping at the Grapes Inn Pub for a few pints of ale - what fun. Our next stop was the Cod on the Corner for fish and chips and then we headed for the Oggy Oggy Pasty Co. to satisfy our sweet tooth.

I was very impressed with this area of Great Britain and would like to see more on a future trip. We had a very enjoyable and relaxing day. Everyone was extremely friendly and seemed to really appricate our short visit. What a great little corner of the world.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

100,000 Viewers and Counting

My Youtube travel videos have been viewed by 100,000 people since the first video was uploaded on February 4, 2009. This averages out to over 5500 viewers per month for the past 18 months. Thanks to everyone for your wonderful support and comments. The amount of interest in my projects has been very gradating for an amateur photographer and video editor. Here is a list of the videos that have received the highest number of viewers.

Special Flight Attendant Salute:

Delta Through Decades:

Flight To Victorville:

French Polynesia – Bora Bora:

http://www.youtube.c *****/watch?v=lLpDwX86TqQ

American Samoa – Pago Pago:

Scotland – Greenock:

Chile – Puerto Montt, Puerto Vares & Frutilla:

Egypt, (Alexandria) Giza Pyramids and Nile Cruise:

Ireland, Belfast Northern Ireland and Antrim Coast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqgpEStcZZY

United Arab Emirates, Dubai:

• 1 month later...
Hello Ron,

Thank you for the wonderful and all encompassing videos you have posted. Your love of travel is evident in them all! What a pleasure it is to sit , watch and listen to them. I'd also like to thank you for the considerable amount of time and effort you have given to us pertaining to our first cruise. Your suggestions have been wholeheartedly taken and we're sure they will enhance our trip. Hope you don't mind but I've passed around your link to friends! Many happy and safe travels to you and your wife.

Donele & Mike

Donele & Mike,

It was certainly my pleasure helping you plan your upcoming Italy adventure and cruise. I can't wait for a report when you return home and hope to hear all about the small hotels in Tuscany. I know you have are having the time of your life and will become cruise addicts like everyone else on cruise critic.

Ron aka CruzerTwo

• 4 weeks later...

Three wide-angle, high definition videos from our recent Caribbean Princess cruise to New England and Canada have been uploaded to Youtube. Click on the link below to enjoy these videos.

New England & Canada – Part I:

Includes scenes from our sail-a-way from New York's Brooklyn Cruise Terminal and our port call in Newport, Rhode Island (The Mansions of Newport, the Cliff Walk, and the Historic District).

Music by James Horner from the movie Titanic includes: Leaving Port and Southampton.

New England & Canada – Part II:

Includes scenes of our port calls in Boston, Massachusetts (Boston Common, Freedom Trail, and Quincy Market) and from Bar Harbor Maine.

Music by James Horner from the movie Titanic includes: Never an Absolution and Take Her to Sea, Mr. Murdoch.

New England & Canada – Part III:

Includes scenes of our port calls in Saint John, New Brunswick (City Market and Reversing Falls) and Halifax, Nova Scotia (Halifax Seaport, Peggy's Cove, and the Titanic Cemetery).

Music by James Horner from the movie Titanic includes: Unable to Stay, Unwilling to Leave and Hymn to the Sea.

Ron aka Cruzertwo aka Cruzertoo

As always I loved your videos .I just watched your New Brunswick and Nova Scotia one ...WOW ...loved the pipers I too filmed the piper on Peggy's Cove playing Amazing Grace

I hope to take the time soon to see All your films

GREAT stuff

By the way I loved our OCEAN princess voyage to the FIRE AND ICE ...Those icebergs did it for me ..I did check out your videos ..GREAT!!!

I will send fellow cruisers your link I'm sure it will bring back fond memories!!1

Thanks again

Merci

Michele From Montreal !!!

Ron was kind enough to visit the CC board for our April 21st, 2011 cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas to let us know of the videos he has made on Dubai and several of the other ports we will be visiting. His photo tour has created some real excitement about a cruise that still seems a long way off. Not only were the videos fascinating, but he also provided info to me about what to see in several of the ports we will be visiting. What a great service to provide for cruise friends from former cruises and for those of us who have not yet met Ron but would love to. This is what Cruise Critic is all about!

We will also be on the Radiance of the Seas in January 2012 for a B2B cruise to New Zealand (both islands), Australia (Sydney and Melbourne) and Tasmania. Have you made any videos of those destinations?

Lynn

Cornishpastyman1 (is there a shorter name here somewhere?:)),

What a treasure trove! I loved your videos of both Tasmania and also of the Blue Mountains. I am going to share the links with others on our board. The New Zealand/ Australia trip was born the last night of a reunion cruise on the Oasis of the Seas last April when several of us who had met through Cruise Critic a number of years ago on a Med cruise and have cruised together several times since began talking about where to go next. One couple, totally on their own, had booked the January 29 New Zealand cruise on the Radiance of the Seas and described the itinerary. The next thing we knew a group cruise had been formed and even more than a year out we have already had more than 2650 posts and our group has grown to about 40. Your videos have made both places come to life for us.

Lynn

Edited by travelynn

Ron was kind enough to visit the CC board for our April 21st, 2011 cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas to let us know of the videos he has made on Dubai and several of the other ports we will be visiting. His photo tour has created some real excitement about a cruise that still seems a long way off. Not only were the videos fascinating, but he also provided info to me about what to see in several of the ports we will be visiting. What a great service to provide for cruise friends from former cruises and for those of us who have not yet met Ron but would love to. This is what Cruise Critic is all about!

We will also be on the Radiance of the Seas in January 2012 for a B2B cruise to New Zealand (both islands), Australia (Sydney and Melbourne) and Tasmania. Have you made any videos of those destinations?

Lynn

Lynn,

Thanks for you gracious comments. I was happy to be able to provide you with some information on the Middle East cruise.

As you requested, here are a few videos of New Zealand and Australia that were made on our Sydney to Los Angeles transpacific cruise in 2008.

Unfortunately, the weather was so terrible in New Zealand we missed two of our port calls, so Auckland was the only place we visited. I have included a couple of pre-cruise videos for the Great Barrier Reef and the Outback (Ayers Rock).

Enjoy,

Ron aka CruzerTwo aka CruzerToo

Auckland:

Sydney:

Sydney (Blue Mountains):

Melbourne:

Tasmania:

Australia - Uluru (Outback - Ayres Rock):

Australia – Port Douglas (Great Barrier Reef)

Cornishpastyman1 (is there a shorter name here somewhere?:)),

What a treasure trove! I loved your videos of both Tasmania and also of the Blue Mountains. I am going to share the links with others on our board. The New Zealand/ Australia trip was born the last night of a reunion cruise on the Oasis of the Seas last April when several of us who had met through Cruise Critic a number of years ago on a Med cruise and have cruised together several times since began talking about where to go next. One couple, totally on their own, had booked the January 29 New Zealand cruise on the Radiance of the Seas and described the itinerary. The next thing we knew a group cruise had been formed and even more than a year out we have already had more than 2650 posts and our group has grown to about 40. Your videos have made both places come to life for us.

Lynn

Dear Lynn

Thanks for your kind words. What a great story of the 'birth' of your cruise and development of the party. A fantastic time is guaranteed. Who's the group leader ? I nominate you ! Tassie is famous for its notorious prisons. I didn't have time to vist one there but the second half of this

shows Fremantle Prison. (Hope you can view it as it's blocked in 24 countries :(). If you're or any in your group are into this sort of thing maybe a tour of Port Arthur gaol (even more of a no-star hotel than Fremantle, I believe) would be of interest.

Not long now !

All the best, Tony

Here are links to several of our videos of the lava entering the Pacific Ocean on the Big Island, Hawaii. Hiking out from Hwy 137 to view the lava flow from Kilauea Volcano was the highlight of our almost 3 weeks on the Big Island, Kauai (our overall favorite island) and Maui from Oct 12 - 29 2010. I had better luck with the videos (Canon S3) than with a lot of my pics (Nikon D60 because of the lighting at night) which will be downloaded and some posted to our webshots page soon. (I'm still learning how to use the Nikon D60 and don't mind saying I'm not to dang good with it yet)

• 2 weeks later...
As always I loved your videos .I just watched your New Brunswick and Nova Scotia one ...WOW ...loved the pipers I too filmed the piper on Peggy's Cove playing Amazing Grace

I hope to take the time soon to see All your films

GREAT stuff

By the way I loved our OCEAN princess voyage to the FIRE AND ICE ...Those icebergs did it for me ..I did check out your videos ..GREAT!!!

I will send fellow cruisers your link I'm sure it will bring back fond memories!!1

Thanks again

Merci

Michele From Montreal !!!

Michele,

Thanks for the nice comments on the videos. I’m glad you enjoyed your Ocean Princess Fire and Ice cruise. Iceland and Greenland offer some wonderful photo opportunities. We too enjoyed our cruise to this part of the world.

Our next adventure will be a RT cruise from Barcelona in January that has port calls in Morocco, Canary Islands and Spain. We are really excited about the two day stop in Morocco and plan on taking an overnight excursion to Marrakech. For the stop in Malaga, we plan on taking an excursion to Granada and Alhambra. I should have some videos of this cruise posted on CC sometime in early February.

Happy cruises,

Ron

Michele,

Thanks for the nice comments on the videos. I’m glad you enjoyed your Ocean Princess Fire and Ice cruise. Iceland and Greenland offer some wonderful photo opportunities. We too enjoyed our cruise to this part of the world.

Our next adventure will be a RT cruise from Barcelona in January that has port calls in Morocco, Canary Islands and Spain. We are really excited about the two day stop in Morocco and plan on taking an overnight excursion to Marrakech. For the stop in Malaga, we plan on taking an excursion to Granada and Alhambra. I should have some videos of this cruise posted on CC sometime in early February.

Happy cruises,

Ron

We also enjoy your videos - thanks for sharing. When we were in Malaga, we went to Ronda - it was gorgeous! Too bad you don't have enough time to do both Ronda and Alhambra.

We also enjoy your videos - thanks for sharing. When we were in Malaga, we went to Ronda - it was gorgeous! Too bad you don't have enough time to do both Ronda and Alhambra.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Actually, we have been to Ronda and found it as you describe. Click on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQDCoXuoJM to relive some memories of this beautiful little city.

We visited Ronda in 2006 when our port call in Casablanca was cancelled due to terrorist activities. The stop in Malaga was substituted at the last minute and the Princess did not offer a tour to Alhambra, so we chose to visit Ronda. We had a wonderful time and a great meal at a little restaurant across the street from the bull ring. The red wine was delicious.

Now that we will have another opportunity to visit Alhambra, I’m really glad we went to Ronda the last time we were in Malaga.

Happy cruising,

Ron

Here is a little bit of Love Boat trivia for all cruise addicts:

The opening credits

The Love Boat (Love Boat in its final season) is an American television series set on a cruise ship, which aired on the ABC Television Network from September 24, 1977 until May 24, 1986. The show starred Gavin MacLeod as the ship's captain. It was a popular part of ABC's Saturday night lineup that included Fantasy Island until the latter show ended in 1984.

The original 1976 made-for-TV movie on which the show was based, also titled The Love Boat, was itself based on the nonfiction book The Love Boats by Jeraldine Saunders, a real-life cruise director. Two more TV movies (titled The Love Boat II and The New Love Boat, respectively) would follow before the series began its run.

The executive producer for the series was Aaron Spelling who produced several successful series for ABC from the 1960s to the 1980s.

The sitcom was usually set aboard a cruise liner called the Pacific Princess, whose passengers and crew had romantic and funny adventures every week. Other ships used were twin sister Island Princess, the Stella Solaris (for a Mediterranean cruise), Pearl of Scandinavia (for a Chinese cruise), the Royal Viking Sky (for European cruises) and the Royal Princess and Sun Princess (for Caribbean cruises). In 1981 P&O Cruises' MV Sea Princess was also used for a special feature length episode called 'Julie's Wedding', set in and around Australia and guesting, Lloyd Bridges, Katherine Helmond, Harry Morgan, Patrick Duffy and Anthony Andrews, among others.

Series stars MacLeod, Bernie Kopell, and Ted Lange are the only cast members to appear in every episode of the regular series, including the last three 2 hour made-for-TV movies, and stayed throughout the entire run. MacLeod was not the captain in the first two TV movies, however. We are told in Love Boat II that Gopher, Doc, Isaac, and the captain in that movie all served together in Vietnam, but no reference to this is ever made to their shared history again. However, when McLeod's character was introduced, there was mention of him being "the new captain." Though Grandy was given an appearance in every episode and stayed throughout the entire run, he missed the last of the three two-hour made-for-TV movies.

The long-running TV series was finally canceled in 1986, not only because of low ratings. After the show's cancellation, the show became immensely-popular in reruns, both in syndication and on TV Land

• 3 weeks later...

French Polynesia – Bora Bora

A wide-screen, high definition (HD) version of my video showing the crystal clear lagoon and barrier reefs of Bora Bora has been uploaded to Youtube. The shore excursion , arranged by Patrick, used Outrigger Canoes, and included shark feeding, swimming with stingrays, and a Motu picnic.

Click on

to view this wonderful day in paradise.

The music on this video contains the original music by Iz that disallowed on the original video.

Ron

Greenock, Scotland:

An updated, wide-screen, high-definition version of my Greenock, Scotland video has been uploaded to Youtube and some pictures of the local Scottish group performing in the Princess Theater have been added.

Click on

to enjoy the updated version.

The pictures were taken during an excellent FREE shore excursion provide by the Inverclyde Tourist Group , http://www.inverclydetouristgroup.co.uk - a local group of volunteers devoted to increasing tourism in Greenock.

Ron

Belfast, Northern Ireland:

An updated, wide-screen, high definition version of my Belfast, Northern Ireland video has been uploaded to Youtube. The updated version contains scenes from the dry dock site of the RMS Titanic, the Murals of Belfast, Antrim coastal drive, Giant’s Causeway, and other sights around Portrush, Northern Ireland.

Click on

to view the updated version.

Ron