YouTube Travel Videos

Cruzer Two

Pago Pago, American Samoa

An updated, wide-screen, high definition version of my Pago Pago, American Samoa video has been uploaded to Youtube. The original music by Jimmy Buffet has been retained on the updated version of this video that features a tour of the island provide by Tisa’s Bare Foot Bar.

We concluded the tour with an afternoon of swimming, snorkeling, eating, and drinking at Tish’s Bare Foot http://www.tisasbarefootbar.com – what a fun day in American Samoa.

Click on

to view the updated version of this video.

Ron

Romanic Hill Towns of Italy is an updated, wide-screen, high-definition video that combines my two previously uploaded Youtube videos – Tuscany Hill Towns and Hill Towns Outside Rome.

This updated video includes visits to the hill towns Gimignano, Monteriggioni, Siena, Tivoli, Frascati, Marino, Rocca de Pappa , Genzano di Roma and wine tasting at Tenuta Torciano and Cantina Trinca.

These towns can easily be visited on shore excursions from the ports of Livorno and Civitavecchia.

Click on

to view the updated version.

Ron

French Polynesia, Papeete, Tahiti:

This shore excursion in Papeete features a Patrick 4x4 Adventure four-wheel-drive trek over the mountainous roads and trails to the unpopulated and jungle-like interior of Tahiti’s Tahiti Nui to see waterfalls, flower-filled valleys, lakes, and green peaks rising over one mile above the valley floor. In center of the Island of Tahiti is Lake Vaihiria - French Polynesia's largest lake and home to Tahiti's legendary blue eyed sacred eels.

Located near the pier is the Public Market of Papeete where you can shop for Tahitian products such as pareu, monoi oil, artwork, precious native wood carvings, and beautiful Tahitian Pearls.

Click on

to view this video.

Ron

Jewels of the Danube:

Budapest and Vienna are two beautiful cities that are favorite stops on Danube River Cruises. Click on

to see a video showing some of the wonderful sights in these magnificent cities.

The perfect start to a Danube River Cruise is a pre-cruise option is to spend a couple of days in Prague. Click on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu282v9hTWE to see the beautiful sights of Prague.

Ron

• 3 weeks later...

Prague, Czech Republic:

A pre-cruise or post-cruise excursion to Prague, Czeck Republic is perfect addition to a Danube River cruise. My video of Prague has been updated to a wide-screen, high definition version that shows many of the highlights of this interesting city including: Prague Old Town, Little Quarter, Prague Castle, St. Vituss Cathedral, St. Georges Convent, The Loreto, Golden Lane, Royal Palace, and the Old Jewish Quarter.

Fellow Cruise Critic Members:

I have produced over seventy videos using digital photographs from my travels in Central America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, Asia, Australia and the South Pacific.

Northern European excursions include the Netherlands, Belgium, France, England, Scotland, Ireland, and Iceland.

The photographs were edited using Ulead Video Studio 11 – a program that allows the user to add motion to still photographs; captions and titles; and a sound track to create a motion picture effect.

If you are interested in viewing any of these videos go to www.youtube.com and type my user name – CruzerToo – in the search box.

In the lower right hand portion of the screen is a link that allows you to select to view in high quality. Clicking on this link greatly enhances the quality of the picture. In addition, in the lower left hand portion of the viewing screen, registered users of YouTube (it’s free) can rate the quality/content of the videos.

CruzerTwo aka CruzerToo

I looked at your viedos it looks "cold" in the Falklands in January!

Cruzer Too, I have enjoyed the videos of Australia. I want to go to the Great Barrier Reef and Ayers rock from Sydney after the ship docks but the cruise ship wants $4000 a person for this post trip. Were you able to do this on your own with a group and how much did it cost? Any info will be helpful.

Thanks

Victoria

Cruzer Too, I have enjoyed the videos of Australia. I want to go to the Great Barrier Reef and Ayers rock from Sydney after the ship docks but the cruise ship wants $4000 a person for this post trip. Were you able to do this on your own with a group and how much did it cost? Any info will be helpful.

Thanks

Victoria

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for the comments on the videos. A small travel agency in Texas that specializes in Australian travel arranged the Great Barrier Reef and Ayers Rock excursions including including airfare. The owner of the agency is an Australian. Send me a private email to cruzertoo@windstream.net and I provide you with the complete itinerary and all the additional details.

Ron

Edited by Cruzer Two

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for the comments on the videos. A small travel agency in Texas that specializes in Australian travel arranged the Great Barrier Reef and Ayers Rock excursions including including airfare. The owner of the agency is an Australian. Send me a private email to cruzertoo@windstream.net and I provide you with the complete itinerary and all the additional details.

Ron

Princess Cruise Lines arranged the airfare from LAX to SYD and the Texas travel agency handled everything else in Australia including the inter-country portion of the airfare. We cruised from SYD back to LAX.

Ron

Edited by Cruzer Two

Hi Victoria,

Ron

Victory,

The correct email adddress is cruzertwo@windstream.net

Ron

Thanks

Victoria

Victoria,

Here is the pre-cruise itinerary you requested that was arranged by About Australia.

AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND,

SOUTH PACIFIC AND HAWAIIAN ISLANDS

42-DAY EXCURSION AND TRANSPACIFIC CRUISE

THU, APR 3 – Depart ATL for LAX

Delta Air Lines - Flight 1185 ATL 1:30 PM - LAX 3:12 PM (6:12 PM EDT, THU)

Crown Plaza Los Angeles Airport

5985 W. Century Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90045

Phone 1-310-642-7500

FRI, APR 4 – Depart LAX for Cairns, Australia

Qantas Air Lines - Flight 150 LAX 11:55 PM (2:55 AM EDT, SAT)

SAT, APR 5 – Cross the International Dateline

SUN, APR 6 – Arrive Cairns/Port Douglas (10:30 PM EDT, SAT)

Qantas Air Lines - Flight 150 SYD 07:30 AM

Qantas Air Lines - Flight 924 SYD 09:25 AM - CNS 12:30 PM (10:30 PM EDT, SAT)

Airport Connections will provide the transfer from the Cairns Airport to your private apartment for 3 nights at the Meridian Resort located across the street from Four Mile Beach in Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia. The remainder of the afternoon is free to recover from your flight.

The Meridian Port Douglas

15-17 Davidson Street

Port Douglas, Queensland 4871, Australia

Phone 011-61-07-4084-2400

www.portdouglasmeridian.com

About Australia

401 Isom Road, Suite 360

San Antonio, TX 78216

Phone 1 210 299 1077

Email: amy@aboutaustralia.com

www.aboutaustralia.com

MON, APR 7 – Cairns/Port Douglas (Temperature 72-85 degrees)

ABOUT AUSTRALIA EXCURSION – Great Barrier Reef Cruise and Snorkeling: Pick-up will be at 8:10 am for your cruise on the Poseidon (www.poseidon-cruises.com) out to the crystal clear waters, beautiful corals and incredible fish life found at the Agincourt Ribbon Reefs on the very outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef.

The cruise will include courtesy transfers from the Meridian Resort; morning and afternoon tea, cake and fruit platter; delicious tropical buffet lunch with prawns; reef interpretation talk; guided snorkel tour with marine naturalist; all snorkel equipment and tuition to include prescription masks; lycra suits and flotation devices; spacious air conditioned bar/saloon area; fresh water showers; 3 spectacular reef sites; and a professional photographer on board.

TUE, APR 8 – Cairns/Port Douglas

ABOUT AUSTRALIA EXCURSION – Cape Tribulation Safari: Pick-up will be at 8:45 am. The highlights of today’s tour are Cape Tribulation and the Daintree Wilderness. A tropical lunch and a visit to the Mossman Gorge are also on the menu.

You will be picked up at the Meridian Resort and travel north along scenic Captain Cook Highway and visit picturesque Mossman Gorge. Cross the Daintree River on cable driven ferry to the Daintree Discovery Centre for morning tea. Climb the Canopy Tower or experience the rainforest aerial boardwalks. Enjoy a tropical lunch before exploring Cape Tribulation Beach 'where the rainforest meets the reef'. Continue to Alexandra Lookout and cruise the majestic Daintree River spotting for wildlife while enjoying afternoon tea. Return to Port Douglas in the evening.

WED, APR 9 – Cairns to Uluru (Ayers Rock – Temperature 73-99 degrees)

Qantas Air Lines - Flight 1855 CNS 08:50 AM - AYQ 11:10 AM (9:10 PM EDT, TUE)

You will be provided with an early morning transfer from the Meridian Resort to Cairns Airport for your Qantas Flight to Uluru (Ayers Rock). Transfers will also be provided from the Ayers Rock Airport to the Voyages Ayers Rock Resort - Desert Gardens Hotel for 2 nights. After check-in you will begin your afternoon tour.

Voyages Ayers Rock Resort – Desert Gardens Hotel

Via Yulara Drive

Ayers Rock, Northern Territory, Australia

Phone 011-08-8957-7888

www.ayersrockresort.au/desert

ABOUT AUSTRALIA EXCURSION –Afternoon tour of Kata Tjuta (Olgas):

Pick-up time is at 2:15 pm. En route to Kata Tjuta (Olgas), we stop to view the immense scale of the 36 domes, thought to have once been a single rock many times the size of Uluru (Ayers Rock). On arrival at Kata Tjuta, take a guided walk into Walpa (Olga) Gorge. Marvel at the sheer walls that flank you as you enter the gorge. Learn of the domes’ formation and of the wildlife of the region. Some of the plants you will see here are so rare that they are only found among these rocky domes. Late in the day, board the coach and return to watch the sunset over Uluru. Admire the ever-changing colors of the monolith while the sun sinks below the horizon. Enjoy a complimentary glass of wine as the dusk deepens into night.

THU, APR 10 – Uluru (Ayers Rock)

ABOUT AUSTRALIA EXCURISON - Uluru Morning Tour U29:

Pick-up time is at 5:40 am. Rise early and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee as you witness Uluru (Ayers Rock) at sunrise. Depart 60 minutess prior to sunrise. See the magnificent show of changing color as the sun’s first rays strike the mighty monolith. After the sunrise you will be transferred to the base of the Uluru climb. As you make the strenuous but exhilarating climb, take in the stunning views of the magnificent desert plains as the sun continues to rise. Once at the summit, enjoy unhindered 360-degree views of this vast desertscape from a height of 348 meters. From here, see Kata Tjuta (Olgas), a cluster of 36 massive domes with twisted gorges and valleys running between them. Visit the Cultural Centre and the Maruku Arts and Craft Cooperative.

ABOUT AUSTRALIA EXCURSION - Sounds of Silence Dinner: Tonight you will dine on gourmet BBQ of Australian delicacies including kangaroo, barramundi and buffalo, while drinking champagne in a secluded setting in the middle of the desert with the sound of a lone didgeridoo filling the air as the sun slowly sets over the Olgas (Kata Tjuta) and Ayers Rock (Uluru). Then sit back and take in the mystery of the desert at night as an astronomer takes you on a tour of the clear Southern night skies).

FRI, APR 11 – Uluru (Ayers Rock) to Sydney

Qantas Air Lines - Flight 729 AYQ 1:40 PM - SYD 5:05 PM (3:05 AM EDT, THU)

Transfer from the Sydney Airport to the Marriott Sydney Harbor Hotel for a three nights stay.

Marriott Sydney Harbor Hotel

30 Pitt Street

Sydney, Australia

Phone 011-61-02-9259-7000

www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sydmc-sydney-harbour-marriott-hotel-at-circular-quay

SAT, APR 12 – Sydney (Temperature 59–73 degrees)

2008 KOALA CRUISERS PRIVATE EXCURSION – Tours R Us Blue Mountains Tour with River Return (85 AUD per person): Tours R Us will provide a full-day, private, KOALA tour of the Blue Mountains that includes a river cruise return to Sydney’s Circular Quay. The tour includes visits to the Olympic Park, Featherdale Wildlife Park, Three Sisters, Katoomba Falls, Wentworth Falls, Orphan Rock, Boars Head, Grand Canyon, and the Rainforest Boardwalk. Also included is a Boomerang throwing demonstration plus a river cruise return along the Parramatta River and under the Sydney Harbor Bridge to Sydney Harbor. Pick-up at the Intercontinental Hotel at 7:30 am and the Marriott Sydney Harbor Hotel at 7:40 am.

Tour R Us

Darren Levien

Phone: 011-61-02-9498-4084

Email: sydneytoursrus@gmail.com

www.sydneytoursrus.com

SUN, APR 13 – Sydney

2008 KOALA CRUISERS PRIVATE EXCURSIONTours R Us - Sydney Sights & Luncheon Cruise (155 AUD per person): We will be picked up at the hotel at 8:00 AM for a city tour that includes: Darling Harbour and Cockle Bay; Sydney Harbour Bridge; Hyde Park and the Sydney Monorail; Milsons Point for views of the Opera House, Harbour Bridge and City Skyline; Seaforth Look Out for views over Middle Head and Pearl Bay Marinas; Arabanoo Lookout for panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and rugged headland; Morning Tea at a seaside township of Manly; The Corso Manly beach; the Rocks historic district; the Opera House and Conservatorium of Music; Hyde Park and St Mary’s Cathedral; Sydney’s Parliament House, Art Gallery and The Domain Parklands;

Mrs Macquaries Chair and Kings Cross; Watsons Bay for views of The Gap ; Bondi Beach for afternoon tea; Paddington and the terrace houses; and the exclusive suburb of Double Bay. All of this plus a luncheon cruise of Sydney harbor is included.

2008 KOALA CRUISERS PRIVATE EXCURSION (59 AUD per person): Get acquainted cocktails and dinner starting at 6:00 PM at the Marriott Sydney Harbor Hotel.

MON, APR 14 – Depart Sydney, Australia – 9:00 PM (7:00 AM EDT, SUN)

Board the SAPPHIRE PRINCESS for the 31-day Sydney to Los Angeles Cruise

Check-in Time after 1:00 PM at the Circular Quay Pier

Fabulous video of Prague!! The music selections give me goose bumps as I watch your wonderful video footage. Well Done!!

Cannot wait for our upcoming river cruise from Budapest to Prague on the Avalon Panorama:)

Quite so, great job Ron. I hope to be visiting Prague in Spring and this gives me a very good idea of where to start my research and what I can see there.

• 2 weeks later...
Quite so, great job Ron. I hope to be visiting Prague in Spring and this gives me a very good idea of where to start my research and what I can see there.

Thanks for the nice comments. I just returned from a nine-day cruise from Barcelona to Morocco and the Canary Islands. From the port of Casablanca, we did an overnight excursion to Marrakech. What a great time! I working on putting together a video of this adventure and hope to upload it sometime this week. Then I will starting working on the excursions in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria and Funchal, Maderia and to Alhambra from the port of Malaga.

Ron

Fellow Travelers:

My latest video creation, A Mystical Night in Morocco, contains pictures made during a two-day shore excursion on the first stop of our recent round trip cruise from Barcelona to Morocco, the Canary Islands, and Malaga, Spain.

The introduction of the video contains a short segment remembering the movie “Casablanca” and sets the stage for the overnight shore excursion that started in Casablanca and ended in Agadir, Morocco.

After a short stop at Rick’s Café and the Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca, we departed for a four-hour drive across the Plains of Chaoula and Ben Guerir, where we passed many small towns and remote villages. The overnight visit to Marrakech includes scenes from Bahia Palace, Saadian Tombs, Jamaa el Fna Square, a dinner and show at Chez Ali, Koutoubia Mosque, the ancient Medina, and lunch at a Moroccan restaurant – complete with snake charmer. After lunch, we departed for another four-hour drive across the Atlas Mountains to meet the ship in Agadir, Morocco.

Click on

to view A Mystical Night in Morocco.

Future videos from this cruise will contain pictures from Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Spain; Funchal, Maderia, Portugal; and the Moorish Palace at Alhambra near Granada, Spain on a shore excursion from Malaga, Spain.

Enjoy,

Ron

Edited by Cruzer Two

Two additional videos from our recent NCL cruise of Morocco, Canary Islands, Portugal, and Spain have been uploaded to youtube.

The Las Palmas, Gan Canaria, Canary Islands (Spain) video contains pictures made during a Hop-on, Hop-off bus tour of Las Palmas and lunch on the beautiful boardwalk at Playa de las Canteras.

The Funchal, Maderia (Portugal) video contains pictures made during a Hop-on, Hop-off bus tour of Funchal. At the conclusion of the tour we rode the cable car to Monte and experienced the toboggan sled ride down the hill – great fun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghsWus21wMs

Enjoy,

Ron

Thank you Ron for taking the time and effort to create and share your videos with us :)

The glimpses of the different places are helpful (giving us an idea of what it's like from a "real cruiser's" perspective vs. commercial brochures) and inspiring (cannot wait for the opportunity to visit those places)!

Cheers! :)

Two additional videos from our recent NCL cruise of Morocco, Canary Islands, Portugal, and Spain have been uploaded to youtube.

The Las Palmas, Gan Canaria, Canary Islands (Spain) video contains pictures made during a Hop-on, Hop-off bus tour of Las Palmas and lunch on the beautiful boardwalk at Playa de las Canteras.

The Funchal, Maderia (Portugal) video contains pictures made during a Hop-on, Hop-off bus tour of Funchal. At the conclusion of the tour we rode the cable car to Monte and experienced the toboggan sled ride down the hill – great fun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghsWus21wMs

Enjoy,

Ron

Excellent Ron ! Really great footage of the toboggan ride which you clearly enjoyed very much.

Tony,

After posting my Prague video on Youtube, I received numerous email messages from CC members requesting some specific information and recommendations for their visit to Prague. I thought you might be interested in this information as well, so I sent you a private email with my response to this request. It contains information on sightseeing and some restaurant recommendations in this wonderful city. I hope this help with planning your spring visit to Prague.

Regards,

Ron

Fellow Travelers:

My latest video creation, A Mystical Night in Morocco, contains pictures made during a two-day shore excursion on the first stop of our recent round trip cruise from Barcelona to Morocco, the Canary Islands, and Malaga, Spain.

The introduction of the video contains a short segment remembering the movie “Casablanca” and sets the stage for the overnight shore excursion that started in Casablanca and ended in Agadir, Morocco.

After a short stop at Rick’s Café and the Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca, we departed for a four-hour drive across the Plains of Chaoula and Ben Guerir, where we passed many small towns and remote villages. The overnight visit to Marrakech includes scenes from Bahia Palace, Saadian Tombs, Jamaa el Fna Square, a dinner and show at Chez Ali, Koutoubia Mosque, the ancient Medina, and lunch at a Moroccan restaurant – complete with snake charmer. After lunch, we departed for another four-hour drive across the Atlas Mountains to meet the ship in Agadir, Morocco.

Click on

to view A Mystical Night in Morocco.

Future videos from this cruise will contain pictures from Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Spain; Funchal, Maderia, Portugal; and the Moorish Palace at Alhambra near Granada, Spain on a shore excursion from Malaga, Spain.

Enjoy,

Ron

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the nice video which is making us look forward to Casablanca even more now. :D

Fellow Travelers:

Additional videos have been added to my Youtube Channel. It now contains 125 travel related videos taken during shore excursions on the continents Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Europe, North America, Oceania (Australia and South Pacific) and South America.

Click on www.youtube.com/cruzertoo to view any of these videos. In the right-hand column of the home page, click on “see all” for a complete list of videos. Since its inception in 2009, over 127,000 people have visited the site.

Thanks to all of you that have taken the time leave comments in the Cruise Critic – Cruise Videos section.

Ron aka Cruzertwo aka Cruzertoo

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Ron,

Thanks for the nice video which is making us look forward to Casablanca even more now. :D

Amelia,

I'm sure you will have a great time in Morocco. I regret that we didn't have to make an inside visit to Rick's Cafe. Hopefully, you will have time to check-out the fictitious restaurant made famous in the movie Casablanca.

Click on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJS_HnrUeyg to view a video about the opening of the real Rick's Cafe.

Ron

• 1 month later...