How Many Would Like A Chat Room?

zurmolly

Zurmolly:

I know you used to be one of the old guard when these boards were under AOL. They still have the chat board on AOL with many of the old timers. If you don't have AOL you are out of luck. Its a shame when they switched these boards over to the internet they couldn't have found a better solution which would have given an incentive to the old timers to stay.

Don

There was a similar vote last year and I believe one of the moderators posted and said it wasn't going to happen. Oh well... wonder if one of us opened one if they'd let us post the site address here or if they'd poof it.

icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif.........you know I thought I remembered something about AOL chats and a change in software. At one time only AOL members could start and enter a chat, then AOL came up with the AIM which was an instant messenger for people who are not members of AOL (like me, I have broadband). The AIM is my instant messenger and enables anyone to chat SO I just went to it to check out some possibilites and found a chat room designated as TRAVEL (I think only AOL members can begin new chats but anyone can join one)....OK anyhow I clicked on the TRAVEL and THE FIRST THING I READ....numero uno read 26 people were on-line and the very first entry was an advertisment for nude pictures of someone...i will not repeat what the text said and I am not a prude by any means but this was what I thought would be an open group chat about TRAVEL!

Sorry for rambeling, that sort of thing always ticks me off and I am thankful I don't have kids I have to worry about.....so again sorry! Yes, I would love to have a chat room for us cruise nuts.

Star Princess 9/03 Alaska

Celebrity Mercury 3/04 Mexico

Next: Sapphire Princess 10/2/04

Mercury Cruise Pic's 3/13/04

http://community.webshots.com/user/catmand100

Does anyone think a chatroom might just make some feel left out. There have been posts stating that they resented a comaraderie on the boards and that they felt left out. I have noticed that those posters are no longer on the boards. Just a thought. I somehow feel it would make it even harder for newcomers to feel welcome. Just a thought. I have been wrong many many times before. icon_biggrin.gif

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

I was involved in some of the chat rooms on AOL and I agree about sometimes feeling left out. sometimes it is just difficult to break into a conversation amoung a few posters who have already been chatting about something. And kids would jump in and spam everyone with their vast knowledge of four letter words.

But I am wondering why we couldn't just start a thread titled "Chat" and anyone who wanted to could jump in there. It would be easier to keep up with the topic than in a normal chat room.

Karen & Paul

8_3_23.gif

http://community.webshots.com/album/124134511FOjEih

Galaxy B2B 10/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;16;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Mercury 03/04

Radiance 01/04

Summit 09/03, Infinity B2B Hawaii 03/03,Infinity 10/02,

Maasdam 07/02, Sun Princess 03/02,Maasdam 11/01,Statendam 07/01,Dolphin 1990?

MISSYLOU....hoow do you like that, I used your formal name! I think your idea is a good one.

If this was done, where would anyone suggest the thread be placed? (ok it is 4:30am here..not sure if that was a sentence..or even english)...I would like to see the thread posted on this main board but there are all those other areas like floataway and such.

Star Princess 9/03 Alaska

Celebrity Mercury 3/04 Mexico

Next: Sapphire Princess 10/2/04

Mercury Cruise Pic's 3/13/04

http://community.webshots.com/user/catmand100

• 2 weeks later...

Tbelian, okay, I went and looked. Which category would crusin' be under? Entertainment? Hobbies? Recreation? They all fit! As do Romance, and Health and Wellness (gotta have a cruise to be well, you know.

Michelle

I'm not sure that would be a good idea, I'm very shy, I don't like talking to people, maybe we could have a message room!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

Archived