No More Celebrity for This Cruise Critic

Saintpat

My two cents (plus)

My Wife (31) Mother in law (63) son(10 months)and I (40)sailed Galaxy on an 11 day Western Carribean out of Baltimore and we could not have been happier. Problems, a few, taken care of quickly and with a smile. Passengers respectful and classy, crew outstanding, room excellent, food outstanding. X has my vote for best line.

My two cents (plus)

My Wife (31) Mother in law (63) son(10 months)and I (40)sailed Galaxy on an 11 day Western Carribean out of Baltimore and we could not have been happier. Problems, a few, taken care of quickly and with a smile. Passengers respectful and classy, crew outstanding, room excellent, food outstanding. X has my vote for best line.

hi k9hndler

good to see someone else cruising with their infant! can i ask you a couple of questions?

1. did you request "baby food" or did you bring it yourself (pureed veggies, cereals, etc.)?

2. did your son have any visible susceptibility to motion sickness?

3. did your son sleep in a crib or on the bed with you?

4. were there any areas of the boat where your son was restricted access?

thanks! sorry to overwhelm you with my questions.

david & thanh & baby isabelle

(also, sorry to hijack this thread) :o

hi k9hndler

good to see someone else cruising with their infant! can i ask you a couple of questions?

1. did you request "baby food" or did you bring it yourself (pureed veggies, cereals, etc.)?

2. did your son have any visible susceptibility to motion sickness?

3. did your son sleep in a crib or on the bed with you?

4. were there any areas of the boat where your son was restricted access?

thanks! sorry to overwhelm you with my questions.

david & thanh & baby isabelle

(also, sorry to hijack this thread) :o

David Thanh and Isabel

Not at all a problem

1. Our son ate right of the menu, with a little adapting and cutting by us. He was eating hard food and off baby stuff by 6 months. Breakfast on the ship is easy with the Baby.

2. He threw up one time from motion sickness when we hit a rough patch, but otherwise was fine, seemed to adapt quickly.

3. Our cabin came with a port-a-crib we requested before hand. We had a family cabin with plenty of room.

4. He was too young for the kids program on Celebrity, but turns the magic "2 years" to enjoy carnival kids in January when we cruise on miracle. No pools for kids not potty trained, but otherwise he went with us and enjoyed the cruise. He was a big hit with the other passengers, with plenty of laps to sit on and "Grandparents" to keep him busy

Have a great cruise and don't let the "Grumpy, kids on cruises haters" spoil your fun.

God Bless

we have sailed the galaxy 3 times including europe and the millenium once. 5 cruises in all on six lines. love princess and HAL also. carnival, NEVER!

put me on a freighter with a folding chair and i will eat with the crew and have a great time.

Wow!

That dessert thing is something. I just got off of the Century yesterday and did not have any type of a situation like that.

The chair thing has bee a slight problem on every cruise I have sailed, not all of them were Celebrity. We had a a great time and are ready to go again.

I was only asked one time about the bottled water and never again. I noticed a lot of British people buying it, so I am sure they were happy it was there.

I hope your next cruise will be better

• 2 weeks later...

We did the 11/20 So. Caribbean on the Constellation. This was our 4th Celebrity cruise and we loved it. It is true that the disco and notes were closed and this was a minor annoyance mostly because they moved the disco to the Rendezvous Lounge which became too loud and obnoxious to enjoy and since the Martini Bar is open to this from above, it too became too loud. There were very few other options for after dinner drinks and conversation with friends. Other than that, the ship was wonderful. The service was exemplary and the food was fantastic. I have no idea what people are talking about with "premium desserts." There was nothing like this on this cruise. On the whole Celebrity delivers a great cruise experience for the money.

Glen

OK folks ~ another thread that has gone as far as it possibly can. This one is locked.

I'd like to respectfully suggest we stop and give some thoughts before posting negative insults towards one another. They don't have a place here on Cruise Critic.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Archived