Steak every night for dinner?

conjr

Ok, I've never heard of a "flat iron" steak. Can anyone tell me what cut of beef it is and how it's prepared?

Per Wikipedia : The flat iron steak is a cut of steak from the shoulder of a steer, also known as the Teres Major. Whole, this muscle is known as Infraspinatus, and one may see this displayed in some butcher shops and meat markets as a "top blade" roast. Steaks that are cross cut from this muscle are called top blade steaks or patio steaks. As a whole cut of meat it usually weighs around 2 to 3 lbs, is located adjacent to the heart of the shoulder clod, under the seven bone. The entire top blade usually yields 4 steaks, between 8 to 12oz. each. Flat iron steaks usually have a significant amount of marbling

Restaurants, particularly upscale, have recently begun serving flat iron steaks on their menus. Especially popular are flat irons from Wagyu beef, as a way for chefs to offer more affordable and profitable dishes featuring Wagyu or Kobe beef. In the normal grades, marinade is required to achieve tenderness on par with more expensive cuts, such as ribeye or strip steak.[

Thank you very much for the information. Here in my neck of the woods, sounds like we call it stewing beef. You've certainly helped me out when I have to make dinner choices.

I think it's also similar to flank steak, not my favorite.

:D

Does anyone know if you can still order steak for dinner in the Main Dining Rooms, even if it's not on the menu? At one point, CCL let you order filet mignon, but the offering changed to steak at some point. I am curious to know if they totally absolved that offering altogether.

Ohh yea . I order steak every night . Knock the horns off and wipe it's A@@ , throw it on a plate .

BTW , I also try one of the entrees listed on the menu.

Maybe that has something to do with my becoming larger around the mid and jowls,, hmm. ohh well , time to eat .

Archived