Have any of you ordered gifts to be delivered to someone elses cabin?

candhmama

I have a friend going on a cruise this summer and I was thinking it would be fun to have chocolate covered strawberries or something delivered to her cabin as a surprise. What information would I need to do this, would just her name and cabin number be enough or would I need her reservation number? I want it to be a surprise so I don't want to ask her for her reservation number.

Thanks

I have done this for my parents but I had all of the information you noted, as we were travelling together. Most of the cruise line websites, have sections on bon voyage gifts and you should be able to see what information you require - hope this helps

I have a friend going on a cruise this summer and I was thinking it would be fun to have chocolate covered strawberries or something delivered to her cabin as a surprise. What information would I need to do this, would just her name and cabin number be enough or would I need her reservation number? I want it to be a surprise so I don't want to ask her for her reservation number.

Thanks

You will need their res. # to make it happen... perhaps if you could ask to see their documents for one reason or another you could sneak the info you need w/out them knowing it. Or if they booked with a travel agent, get them to order for you. And if they booked direct with the cruiseline, call the cruiseline and explain to them what you are trying to do and they will probably be happy to assist you with this by just giving the passengers names, ship and sail date and of course your credit card info !

You will need their res. # to make it happen... perhaps if you could ask to see their documents for one reason or another you could sneak the info you need w/out them knowing it. Or if they booked with a travel agent, get them to order for you. And if they booked direct with the cruiseline, call the cruiseline and explain to them what you are trying to do and they will probably be happy to assist you with this by just giving the passengers names, ship and sail date and of course your credit card info !

I don't know about the reservation number. My mother sent us a number of things this past cruise, and she DID NOT have my res. number. She called up, gave our names, sailing date and ship, and we got everything the first day.

I just went to the gifts&gear section. It seems that for ordering online you´ll need the reservation number. But there´s also a .pdf form to print out and fax. It asks for the reservation number as well, but I would give it a try without the number anyway and of course they provide a number to call for placing an order as well, so give it a try and talk to them.

(800) 722-5443

I don't know about the reservation number. My mother sent us a number of things this past cruise, and she DID NOT have my res. number. She called up, gave our names, sailing date and ship, and we got everything the first day.

Please read above..... this was one of my suggestions !!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

Thanks

I did this a few months ago over the phone. All I had was name and sailing date. Package was delivered however without a gift tag and the receipients thought it came with the room. Be sure to specify what you want on the gift tag. I cannot remember if I did that.

Archived