Taking wine onboard - different question

yusi50

Hi,

I have already learned that I should take the wine in my carry on and pay the corkage. (I will do both). However, I don't want to carry the bottles every night to dinner (I'm only planning on having wine in the dinning room only).

Can you please help me figure out where do I leave all the bottles when I get onboard (after paying my dues)? I've read plenty of information in regards to taking wine onboard but it seems that must people are interested in taking the wine to their rooms and not to the dinning room directly.

Thanks

yusi50

We took 8 on last cruise. Brought 3 with us to our first night's dinner and asked them to store them. They'll give you a ticket that corresponds with your bottle. Make sure you don't lose them! You could probably drop them off earlier in the day as well, maybe shortly after boarding while lunch is being served in the MDR.

It doesn't matter where you dine. Your server will be able to retrieve your stored bottle.

We just took our bottle or two with us as we left the room each night we wanted to have wine. Wasn't much of an issue and we knew where our wine was and how it was stored... I don't want my wine getting too hot or too cold. I'm also not sure I trust that they won't misplace my wine.

I think they can find it anywhere. Keep in mind it is a big ship and it could take time. I would always take the full bottle with me as you will have it there and ready to go.

Personally, we rarely did not finish a bottle. If you are not done at dinner, you can fill you glass and take it with you as you stroll the ship.

Archived