Embarking in Honolulu

calgarygary

Hopefully someone that has done the repositioning of the Spirit originating in Honolulu knows how late you can wait to embark. We were planning on renting a car the morning of embarkation and exploring Oahu and want to wait until the evening to embark - do you know how late they allow it?

The Spirit spends three days in Honolulu. The middle day is debarkation day for the repo from the main land and embarkation day for the cruise to the mainland. If you want you could wait until the second day of your cruise to embark. The ship and terminal are open 24/7 with the exception of 4:00 am to 7:00 am of the middle day to arrange the orderly transfer of luggage.

The Spirit spends three days in Honolulu. The middle day is debarkation day for the repo from the main land and embarkation day for the cruise to the mainland. If you want you could wait until the second day of your cruise to embark. The ship and terminal are open 24/7 with the exception of 4:00 am to 7:00 am of the middle day to arrange the orderly transfer of luggage.

Thanks for the quick reply. I knew that the Spirit was staying overnight but do not want to pay for hotel accomodations that night. So we would be able to arrive later in the evening on our first night and there will be people to deal with the luggage and complete the embarkation process?

Thanks for the quick reply. I knew that the Spirit was staying overnight but do not want to pay for hotel accomodations that night. So we would be able to arrive later in the evening on our first night and there will be people to deal with the luggage and complete the embarkation process?

I'm can't give you an answer to what hours the terminal will be staffed for check-in. You should call Carnival to confirm the exact hours. What I am saying is that the ship is available for passengers to come and go as they please all night. Can you check-in at 2:00 am? I don't know, maybe.

Without knowing exactly what you have in mind, my suggestion would be to check-in at the terminal early departure day. Drop off your luggage and get your sign-n-sail cards, then go explore Oahu. You can return at your leisure and your luggage should be at your cabin door when you return.

We sailed from Ensenada to Honolulu last year so I am working from the perspective of those disembarking the day you embark.

Here is what I was hoping to do. Check out of hotel but arrange for luggage storage early a.m. Rent a car that a.m. and explore Oahu beaches and north shore returning to Honolulu by 10pm. Pick up luggage, return car, taxi to pier to embark. I agree that the best way is calling Carnival but was hoping someone here had experience with such a plan.

You should be able to drop off your checked luggage early at the pier. Parking at the Aloha Tower parking area is $2.00 for less than three hour by having your voucher validated at any store. The terminal is in the Aloha Tower complex and the lot is across the street from the entrance. You may not be able to check-in that early but dropping off the luggage will save you trouble later. I doubt 10:00 pm check-in will be a problem but you really need to call Carnival and ask. Carnival only sails two itineraries a year from Honolulu. Things are not as smooth as from say Miami or Long Beach.

Archived